Any food that you would never eat from a moral standpoint? For me it's bunnies, cats...

Any food that you would never eat from a moral standpoint? For me it's bunnies, cats, dogs because I've taken care of all of those as pets. I just can't do it, man.

fish are friends. not food.

Dolphin, whale, any sort of monkey (hygiene reasons as well, they tend to carry some nasty diseases because we're so closely related.)

You're missing a trick on rabbits m8.
My grandad used to breed them for the extra meat during rationing. Now he traps the ones that try to eat his allotment.

Thats an emotional argument. Not a moral argument.

rabbit is great we really ought to eat more of them cause they're like free food
dolphin isn't particularly closely related to us? also not particularly dangerous. I guess the main issue is that they have a lot of mercury.

was only talking about monkeys in that bit, should have made that more clear.

awwww! little bun bun i bet he wants some hay and a nice cardboard box to jump around in!

but naw they don't taste good (very greasy) so they get a pass unless they eat my inner garden.

Can only think of hygiene.

Would eat dog. Wouldn't eat cat 'cause I think it'd be gross as fuck.

No eating primates 'cause that's how HIV/AIDS started.

Humans aren't food.

why not dolphin and wahale? if it's because they're smart you should be more concerned with crows

Pork duh

All morality is emotional. It's what a culture has deemed to feel 'wrong'. No action is inherently immoral. It requires us feeling something about an action to deem it moral or not.

Moral, not so much, but I'm hesitant to eat carnivores because they accumulate heavy metals in their meat (it gets more concentrated the higher up the food chain you go). I will probably eat anything from a decent source though, something proven to be harmless.

I avoid palm oil because I did research on tropical forestry, and there's no way of sustainably produce it, even the edgy hipster 'organic and sustainable' brands are shit.

I eat whale, but not often because it is one of the worst to accumulate heavy metals. People on the Orkney Islands, who eat whale regularly, have mandatory health checks for mercury poisoning, and a much higher frequency of it than anywhere else in the world. The whale lives for a long time and accumulates all the poison we throw into the ocean. It's not healthy to eat them, even though those who are against whaling never seem to use this fact to prevent them being hunted.

I don't eat junk food, that's a moral point. Cheap, highly processed carbs, fat and HFCS, is not food, it is capitalism at its worst and shouldn't be allowed.

Moral is an emotional with some sort of internal logic to it. "I had pets" isnt exactly the peak of that criteria.

wahale world

bunny it's my favorite kind of meat desu

I love and raise bunnies, but I still eat them.

Pigs are as smart as or smarter than dogs but bacon tastes really good so I eat it anyway. Applying morality to food is dumb. Eat what tastes good

anything non-kosher
I've tried most of it just to taste when I was younger and I fucking love eel though, pork was always fucking disgusting

veal

i've raised bunnies, cows, and chickens
they're nice friends but they're also delicious
i've raised dogs and rats too but i don't think i want to try eating either of them
pic related is my bun. she's a dwarf and sort of old and probably not worth eating, but i have thought about it

veal is also just icky
too soft and weird

yes I don't like the meat regardless of morals. I would like to use bones for demi glace though. Not a big deal I guess, most places don't even carry veal bones so I just use beef joints.

why is killing fully developed cows ok but killing them before they develop what could pass for a cow "identity" is bad?
infanticide is bad among humans cause they're defenseless and it's implied you hurt a father and a mother profoundly. But that doesn't really apply for cows since cows are always defenseless and who gives a shit about the mother

Probably the only foods I really have any moral objections to would be overfished or overhunted species, or anything prepared through some form of torture. Shit like shark-fin soup, animals skinned alive, stuff like that. I can't think of many other reasons I'd find any moral objections to.

morally? probably just human, or eating something still alive or purposely tortured

any other would be because of a yuck or feelings factor

I agree with the two posters above me. There's no reason to hurt the animal or the environment needlessly, but I'll surely eat most animals given the chance.

i dont think i could eat a cute, fluffy domesticated rabbit, but wild fuckers who eat my veg garden deserve to be shot and cooked into a nice stew with potatoes and leek

Quail and pheasant for the same reason. Raised a bunch of them growing up and I just can’t bring myself to eat them. Dog though, I could eat.