Sydney uni bookfair

It's going from Saturday to Wednesday at the Great Hall. Dirt cheap books from every genre including a hell of a lot of rare old library books.

Tuesday and Wednesday you can get a boxfull for $10 / $5.

Any ausfags here who are going? A got a couple steals today.

I'm going tomorrow for a bit. I'm mainly looking for philosophy and poetry, how did those sections look?

That looks incredible. Unfortunately I'm a Melbourne-fag so I get nothing. My University (La Trobe, laugh if you want I deserve it) has a couple of cool guys who come and sell books on Thursdays but never anything like this. I'd stack my room up to the ceiling if I had access to that place.

Are many of the books quality or are they battered, stained and damaged copies?

Don't be a poof.

Do a trade.

The philosophy section got hollowed out pretty quickly. Definitely some good stuff there.

The poetry section at the back is pretty big, so you probably won't be disappointed.

Mostly good quality but some are damaged yes.

Hey, just recently arrived in Melbourne, anywhere you'd recommend for stocking up on books? Haven't quite got the lay of the land yet

I hate ex libris… I can't stand all these stamps and stupid students writing in books.

Yeah it's hit and miss. Depends how rare the volume is.

>tfw you go to swinburne

literally a cultural dead zone

I study film and when the lecturers ask the class what everyone's favourite film is a good 2/3s of them pick a post-millenial tentpole movie and/or something Disney had its sticky fingers in

can i be redeemed friends

Do well in what you're doing and then transfer. To Monash or Melbourne Uni if you can.

nah i just want to graduate with my bachelor's then go work

Well you could graduate at a better uni.

…and what do you expect to do with a bachelor in movie studies?

My hands are weak and clumsy and only suited for turning pages. I honestly wish I could do one.

95% of my reading is done through pirating Epubs and reading them off of my Kobo. The other 5% is my university's library (pretty good selection even though nobody reads them but me) and what I buy cheaply from the Thursday guys.

I think my friend went there for something like a month before dropping out because it's a useless poz-hole (he may not have used those exact words, but that was the sentiment expressed).

>swinburne
vomit_chan.jpg

FUCK LA TROBE AND YOUR DUCKS

La Trobe is a shithole but the ducks are okay. I don't really mind them and I hate most things. I did almost punt one one time though. It was brazenly walking across a footpath made for use by men when I was late for class and had a headache. Little shits think they own the place.

Pics of hauls please

LIT MEET UP NOWWWWWW

Bro im here

TOo many gooks and turbocoward white boy normies.

Lol too late dude i already left :'( im at the state library if you wanna catch me

Post a haul pic.

I will once I get home. I got some pretty cool shit.

No worries m8. Picked up some Carlyle today. Published 1872 too. $3.

r8

h8

but most of all

celebr8

Jesus I remember going to the SF bookfair with this girl. That whole relationship was less than nothing. Fuck my life

Meh

Fromm and that thick grey book look interesting, the rest look pretty shitty.

eh, i'd read the consequences of modernity and the new conservatism in australia. I'm sure the pope's books are pretty interesting too

I'll provide a list of what i got
War Commentaries - Caesar (hardback)
Moralia volume XIII part 2 - Plutarch. (Loeb's classics)
Leviathan - Hobbes (Everyman's library)
Sartor Resartus and On Heroes - Carlyle (Everyman's library)
Miscellaneous essays Vol 3 - Carlyle (published 1872)
Discourse on the Method - Descartes (Everyman's library)
Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis
City of God - Augustine
The Republic - Plato (Oxford hardback)
Last Days of Socrates - Plato
Intro to Mathematical Logic - Russell (very early edition)
Theory of Vision and other writings - Berkeley (Everyman's)
Enneads - Plotinus (Encyclopædia Britannica hardback)
Works of Francis Bacon - (Britannica hardback)
The Lucky Country - Donald Horne
Tyranny of Distance - Geoffrey Blainey
Voss - Patrick White
Poems of Tennyson - nice hardback
The Fatal Shore - Hughes
Lion and Kangaroo - Souter

and several other books that I can't be fucked to list off. All for about $2-3 each.

>Girl.

Looks beautiful. Also, are you in this thread Clover?

Top left is definitely a good read, although the edition is probably not worth too much. If you paid more than, say, 3 USD / book average you were definitely ripped off.