Picky eaters

I have a couple questions about picky eaters. If you are a picky eaters, what is the most specific thing about your diet that no one seems to get? If you aren't a picky eaters, what is the pickiest thing you have ever seen from a picky eater?

>The forbidden fruit

Used to work with a kid who only ever ate McDonalds fries. Pudgy little dork but I liked him

I tend not to like soup unless I make it or I really trust the people who did.

Pea soup or anything similar in texture is where I put my foot down. If I wanted to taste and feel vomit sliding through my throat I'd chug a charcoal milkshake.

Used to have an employee who only ate brown food. It didn’t matter what the food actually was, if it could be made “brown” he would eat it.

French fries = check
Hamburgers = okay
Cauliflower = fry it and make it brown
Carrots = nope, no amount of cooking could make it brown enough

Drank soda and ate shit food all day. Saw him recently, weighed 300+. At 5’4” that ain’t good.

Was he okay with ice cream?

Or pea soup, apparently.

Now you're getting it.

Oddly enough, would eat chocolate and vanilla. Vanilla is brown enough, I guess

Of course, he would eat any color candy. However, I don’t think he considered that food.

>something editable isn't food
Pretty impressive mental gymnastics. Wonder how fucked his childhood was.

Did he have some related catchphrase he would exclaim whenever he entered? Something like "welcome to brown town!" or "here comes the tan man!"

No, that would have required admitting that his food choices were something out of the ordinary. Not really a bright fellow but a good enough kid. As for, it is possible that he understood that food should have some sort of nutritive value

He did seem to lack a sort of spatial awareness, or perhaps an awareness of what his body was doing at any given point in time. An example might be the chewing of food.

It could be amusing to watch for a short while but it generally caused chaos and destruction, followed by a sense of nausea.

ill never forget...on my prom night i went to a asian restaurant with like 10 people and my gf said she was allergic to shrimp and i was so surprised she never told me. later she said she only said it so people at the table didnt order it. literally what the fuck. we broke up

I'm like this but with any complicated dish. Like anything beyond a steak or a burger I need to make it myself

I have a hard time eating anything savory made with cream or having the consistency of cream.
I don't know why, but I'm getting over it.
The second thing is fucking onions. Onions make me want to rip my stomach out. I can smell them a mile away, taste them in the smallest fucking amounts, and they make me gag from the slightest amount, taste, smell, or even fucking texture. Fuck onions, I will never be ok with them.

I don't eat pasta/ noodles because as a small child I choked on spaghetti and couldn't breathe
>it left me a weaker man

it has something to do with texture.

Fish, for example, has a strange texture to it that I don't like feel in my mouth.

I wouldn't say that I'm picky, but I REALLY dislike all sweets. Maybe once a year, I have a hard candy. Being around chocolate cake or cupcakes with heavy frosting makes me lose my appetite really quickly. People always insist "oh you just haven't had my grandma's _______," but I know I fucking hate it. I keep declining, and inevitably, I finally feel bad for offending them and spend the next hour washing out my mouth. There's an initial sweetness to it that's alright, but I have this ashen aftertaste that hits me that I can't get away for hours.

I have no reasons that I'm skipping it from a health perspective.

It always offends the shit out of people and you'd think I wanted to put people in ovens.

Cake personally is my mortal enemy. Store bought stuff with shitty frosting is my nightmare. I only ever once enjoyed cake but it was some petit four with Italian buttercream. Not so bad but beyond that cake is gross af.

I got no problems with cake, or sweets in general, but honestly cake isn't nearly as impressive as some people make it out to be. Apart from the aesthetic value of cake decoration, it's pretty mediocre. There's way more interesting stuff in both baking and sweets making, both for making and eating.

Most desserts just have way too much sugar, to the point where it irritates my throat and makes it feel like it's burning. If I want something sweet I find a recipe I want to use and take 25% of the sugar out of the recipe. I've never had this cause a problem and everything still comes out sweet enough.

I know a few picky eaters and it's annoying as fuck when I go out to eat with any of them.

>Brother
>Only ever wants Chinese food
>Says how varied Chinese food is, but orders the same thing every time

>Friend #1
>Only eats plain burgers, cheese pizza, and cake
>Complains whenever we go out to eat at a place that doesn't serve his two food groups

>Friend #2
>Refuses to eat any fruits or vegetables

I don't like hamburgers, I'm not really a picky eater, but most people don't get that I don't like plain red meat. If it's in chilli or tacos it's fine.

I don't care much for steak but I can eat it if I have too.

It's always such a fucking hassle when I explain it to people.

Anything but onions man, dont know why but I cant stand the texture

Green beans.
Vile rubber noodles.
I have no qualms in offending the host if they serve me green beans that are not fried to a crisp. They're not going in my mouth, sorry.

When I was a kid, I'd tell people about how I hated cheese. Their immediate response, as you would expect from children is "what about pizza?" I'd tell them I took the cheese off. Now, I'm no physicist, but I'm pretty sure the toppings on a pizza aren't bound to the cheese by the strong nuclear force. Regardless, every single one of them, even adults to this day, would reply "that's just sauce on bread, though!'

I take the toppings off, take the cheese off, then put the toppings on and eat. OR, if I had my way, get a pizza that is half, or completely without cheese.

pizza is one of the most frustrating yet rewarding foods to eat for me sometimes.

I like sweets, but only in the form of desserts and drinks, and absolutely hate sweet and savory together

This includes honey mustard, honey BBQ, spaghetti made with especially sweet tomatoes, steak sauce, coconut chicken, cream cheese based spinach dip, pretty much anything made with beets, etc.

Beets, zucchini, and any squash, in that order, are the three vegetables I will outright refuse to eat, anything else is fair game, I especially love onions though, all types and cooking methods including raw

I’m a super taster. I’m a nightmare...
>any spice with heat
>seafood (too fishy or weirdly sweet)
>most red meat (steak and ham especially)
>mushrooms (texture and fungal aftertaste)
>chocolate desserts (too rich)
>saccharines (sucralose, aspritame, I can taste the slightest)
>over processed foods (no real flavour profile)
I’m also incredibly spoiled by having a family of Martha Stewart caliber grans, and can cook well myself. The upside is I can eat something and tell you what’s in it.

>Hates taste
>Hates things with no taste

Re read. Hates certain flavours, can detect them all, and is judgemental of over processed or poorly cooked foods.

Autism Speaks

>ham
>red meat

nigga is you retarded

Pork is red meat you ape

maybe youre just a pussy

>fungal aftertaste

It's lactose intolerance mixed with the Garcia Effect. Your brain will register certain foods as toxic if they make you sick enough.

I originally only hated milk and dishes where the main flavor came from or cheese like fettucini alfredo or mac n cheese. Shit like pizza was great though. Thing about pizza was that due to the sheer amount of cheese I'd be eating, I'd throw it all up that same night.

After this happened enough times, I tried telling my parents that I couldn't eat cheese anymore. They tried haphazardly to abide by my request to never eat cheese again, but every once in a while, I'd get something with cheese or something really creamy and I'd be forced with a choice, either eat it, or eat nothing, so usually I'd drown the cheeseburger in ketchup or whatever, and gulp it down...

One day I ate some nachos and enjoyed em too because nachos are fuckin sweet. And then I immediately ran to the bathroom to blow chunks. The only reason my parents heeded my was because they saw how quickly I went from a happy child to thoroughly nauseated. If it weren't for that, I'd still have to scrape cheese off of every cheeseburger with a knife.

Most cheese doesn't have lactose. Maybe it's a casein allergy.

my sister in law refuses to eat vegetables, including onions. One time I made a potato dish and put parsley in it, she would not eat it because it contained something green. I have seen her remove the single piece of lettuce from a mcchicken, the best fast food sandwich

I don't eat salmon trout, swordfish, shark or tuna. I get really really nauseous from the taste and smell. Strangely enough shellfish or any white meat fish is fine. But the oily fishy poop taste of salmon is just unbearable. I tried some wild Alaskan salmon once and that was a little bit more eatable but still would only eat if I was in a survival situation.

did she give a reason?

That explains why I'd only get gas when I ate cereal...

Casein allergy, lactose intolerance, whatever it is, I just don't eat anything stronger than sweetened cream cheese or the occasional conservative amount of parmesan.

i only like cake if it is saturated in something, like pound cake with melted butter, three milk cake, or pinapple upside down cake. the average chocolate cake doesn't do anything for me

the ad campaign is literally "Pork, the other white meat" you knob

Do you know what the difference between white, dark, and red meat(muscle tissue) actually, literally are?

myoglobin

Well done. The amount of Myoglobin in Pork separates it from that of poultry.

I don't even know if you're the same person, I just wanted to press the fact that ham is red meat.

You're such a piece of worthless shit

Primarily triggered by people who lose their fucking shit over onions. Onions are in fucking everything worth eating. Just bite the bullet and switch to soylent you goddamn invalids.

Anyone here feel sad about what they don't like? I can't stand the taste of coriander leaf, but it's used in so many dishes that it really cuts me off from a lot of cuisines.

I don't like chocolate, not matter what it is I can't bring myself to like it. Absolutely despise all chocolate bars and even some cookies.

Before Maddox became an annoying cuck shell of himself, he wrote a pretty funny article on onion haters.

People are unironically triggered by people who don't like onions? Is that autism?

It's more of a joke because onion is essential in so many fucking dishes.

I work with a guy that has a huge container of canned chili every single day. Another guy said something about it once and he stopped eating lunch at work for a week and a half. He's back at it now though.

Your prom sucked
> Got high with gf
> Went to a nice Italian place with a small group of friends
> Get high again with gf
> Go to prom
> Get high with gf and group
> Go bowling because fuck it we're high
> Fuck out of weed, contact gf's dad
> Free weed
> Take everyone home
> Get high with gf
> Fuck

Wish I could appreciate seafood, the only kinds I've tried that I didn't feel reviled by so far were tuna and calamari

Once in a rare while I'll eat a bit of shrimp but even then I only sometimes like it

Feels like I'm missing out on so many cuisines

When I was a child I didn't like onions but now I love them on everything. Last night I made a burger with sauted onions and mushrooms on a med rare burger with swiss cheese .. it was great and the onions really added a bit of a kick

The only food I really don't like is sweet pickles. Like bread and butter pickles specifically.

They make me want to vomit.

>Not "tide podckets"

my roommate is a picky eater and has never eaten
>strawberries
>blueberries
>most fruit except bananas and apples
>goat cheese
>any fish except shrimp
>avocado

doesn't like
>bagels
>cereal
>eggs
>tomatos
>onion
>pancakes
>coffee
>any wine except moscato
>hamburgers
>yogurt

I could go on forever. She usually eats cheese pizza, garlic bread, chips, candy, or chicken tenders

I used to hate onions as a kid, but I realized the taste was great and I just didn't like the crunch. Now I try to purposefully eat them in an effort to detox from years of soy buildup.

For me it's seafood. All of it. I don't like the taste of fish, and refuse to eat bugs.

One of my friends hates cheese, another one hates onions, and another hates seafood.
They make me sad, especially when I have to cook for more than one of them.

The only two foods that really trigger me are boiled beef tongue and cordon bleu (which is the name for a ham&cheese breaded cutlet). Both are related to eating in the shittiest school canteen when I was young. We had both all the time, and they were disgusting. I couldn't even chew them without wanting to vomit, and the dumbass people who served us this kept-on-warm-all-morning-in-its-own-grease premade food forced me to chew back what I had spat. So I ended up vomiting quite often whenever those were served. Even now, the smell of either of those two foods make me queasy. Even though cordon bleus at least are rather innocuous, and I can eat all of its ingredients separately without any problem.

i can't tell who's being serious and who's just being a common faggot anymore

I agree with this 100%
>relative ruins perfectly good cookies by adding a mound of shitty frosting and sprinkles

>I'm not in the mood for shrimp, so I'm gonna lie about being allergic so no one in the table can order it, that way I won't miss on any dish
selfish cunt

>shellfish cunt
FTFY

Despite having worked in a restaurant, despite having a father who used to cook in one of Australia’s too French restaurant, I cannot eat onions. Raw, cooked, I just can’t. It may be used for mirepoix, add flavor to stock, it’s fine. But biting into it is pure hell, I instantly gag. Something about crunchy textures releasing juice is not for me.
As for picky eaters, I only remember my cousin avoiding all meat except for beef patty and chicken. Sometimes we pretend that the lamb roast is chicken so he could shut up and eat.

My fucking man.

Have a few regulars that are grown men that order only burgers with fries only meat and bun with ketchup. Not due to allergies, but because they are picky manchildren

I wouldn't say I am picky but most common condiments I can't stand. Like if someone gives me a burger with ketchup on it I will refuse to eat it. Any kind of plain mayo, mustard, or relish on something I can't eat. But I do not mind things made with these ingredients like potato salad or if there is a honey dijon mustard.

I think the problem is that I had so much of it when I was a kid that is just makes me sick eating it now.

Cordon bleu goes from being delicious to absolute gut wrenching depending on how well it's made.

My cousin who's a literal sperg used to sustain himself on only Spaghettios and Sprite. He's improved a lot since then, though.

>dislike raw onions
yeah fine whatever, I guess I could see how you don't like them
>dislike caramelized onions
There's something medically wrong with you.

I have a friend who thinks he hates onions. Whenever I cook something with onions in it, if I don't tell him, and they're not big chunks, he can't tell and often complements my cooking. If you tell him something has onions in it he refuses to eat it, even if you late tell him it doesn't actually have any onion in it.

Other than that he seems pretty normal.

My uncle refuses to eat mushrooms at all, and his reasoning is that "you should never eat fungus." But he's always been pretty fucking weird, so I just ignore him.

>gf is a super picky eater
>pretty much only pasta, chicken fingers, pizza
>like her otherwise though
>start to redpill her on flavor
>make her different pastas, different chicken dishes, pizza with new toppings
>she hates veggies, turns out her mom just boiled them
>get her to try, then love roast broccoli, asparagus, sprouts
>introduce her to indian, thai, etc. foods
>now she's pretty normal for a coastie
>get to smug over her mom's horrified face every time she says "oh mom, user made me squid and it's actually really good!"
I've made her in my own image and for this reason I love her

Ex would never eat mushrooms, tomatoes, clams, oysters. But really into rimming and anal. Go figure.

>dont drink milk
>eat cereal with milk

>hate raw tomatoes
>eat things with tomato sauce

>dislike cheese
>like pizza

can somebody explain why this is the case for me

>I'm a super taster.

Good for you. Most people are; it's favorable from an evolutionary standpoint.

when i was younger the only part of chicken or duck i would eat would be the breast. still prefer chicken titties but enjoy all parts nowadays. i also unironically prefer dry to juicy chicken, but i like my steaks medium rare.

Ketchup. It's disgusting, tomato-flavored corn syrup.

super tasting is a meme.
>can't eat stuff with flavor
>can't eat stuff with no flavor
you're just a picky asshole

I guess you're a fucking faggot

cucumbers I can deal with them as pickles but raw emits something that disgusts me. I made gazpacho once and though yeah just a little I wont notice it. it's all I could taste. I think it's some genetic thing, my dad hates them too but my mum and brothers like it

Picky eater here. hate many vegetables but if I add good spicy sauce I can eat damn near anything. bones piss me off but I'll normally cope. oh and fuck tofu 100% in all forms. people insist that I should "try this one, it's different". I always trust them and it's never different.

I’m the same way and people look at me like I’m insane for not liking a burger. I don’t get the hype.

don't eat soy

I'm the same about tomatoes, but how does a person not like cheese? That's fucking crazy.

Nobody seems to get that food should have texture, especially my family. I've really come to loathe the entire traditional american dinner that goes something like underseasoned overcooked meat, overcooked boiled vegetables and mashed potatoes with gravy. Pork chop in particular is vile and there is no need to waste pork that could be made into perfectly decent ham or bacon. I think everyone hates the overcooked boiled vegetable but for me the absolute worst is mashed potatoes. Just, why? Textureless, flavorless starch goo? Eugh.

Oh and stop putting vegetables on pizza, stop kidding yourself and eat your greasy cheese pie you fatass.

I used to have a gf with a severe case of OCD, she wasn't able to eat outside her home, and she had planned meals for every day of the week, the same all weeks. Weirdly enough she loved to go with me to new restaurants and watch me eating, and taking pic in the meanwihle. Those where weird times, but somehow it worked, I guess

Never cared for stuffing, it has a weird texture and taste to it

Same, I really don't like cheese, mainly the kinds that would come on sandwiches, burgers, etc. Mozzarella is sort of ok, but only if there is enough other things to mix with it so it's not mostly cheese.

Taking your example of pizza, unless there is a generous helping of toppings on the pizza then I likely won't like it, most italian food is out as well.

?
I am serious. Onions are ok.

Seconding this, good cordon bleu is delicious but I wouldn't chance it from something like a buffet or school cafeteria

I just cannot stand bananas. It’s just the overall flavor and texture, it’s like mush with a terrible aftertaste. Anything with banana in it ruins the whole recipe.

I don’t like artichokes, cooked carrots, beets, any sweet/savory food (such as salted caramel or sweet and salty chocolate bars), or any food that is sweet paired with savory food, (ie; sweet potatoes, turnips, savory salads with fruit in them, sweet pasta salads, etc), anything sickly sweet, and olives.

I do love lots of many different cheeses, all seafood, onions prepared in every way, mushrooms of all kinds/rare and cooked, all kinds of meats, tomatoes prepared anyway or raw, and almost fruits and vegetables. I’m opening up to eating things with a bit more spiciness whereas I would not even attempt that when I was younger.

So on the one hand I am picky, whereas on the other, not so much.

people who hate sugar are the worst people in the world

I absolutely hate liver and dislike raw onion (just white, red onions are great).
Which is weird since both of those are used a lot in my country.