>Soy sauce (tablespoon only)
>Canola oil (tea spoon)

>Cut everything up
>Heat up oil
>Sweat onions in oil
>Toss in everything else
>Drizzle soy sauce over
>Toss and cook for 5 minutes or so

I'm trying to lose weight so I bought a bunch of veggies. I cut out all drinks that weren't water, black coffee, or hot tea, and I'm reducing my intake of meat to one meal a day (chicken breast 90% of the time).
However, I was wondering if this was a healthy lunch to have -- I usually have it with coffee and bottled water and it tastes good, but I don't want to trick myself into thinking I'm doing myself a service with it. Any tips on improving or is it fine?

Pic unrelated.

It's just sauteed vegetables, why would it not be healthy?
Also, keep it up and good luck
>t. former fatty that lost 80lbs with lots of veggie soup and 30 min of exercise every day

Veggie soup recipe pls user.

Jesus fucking christ fatass...do you have to think this hard about it??? Cut simple sugar...like near zero.
Significantly reduce complex carbs...white stuff...white bread, white rice, potato, pasta. If you eat complex carbs do so with protein and watch the portion sizes.

Its not fucking hard.

Basically this, it was very easy for me too! I lost 52 pounds in 4 months just cutting all simple sugars and reducing carbs. Of course, you need to be willing and with discipline, it's not as hard and you'd think. Go with a nutritionist and they'll help you to find a good diet that can work with your lifestyle.

I had a couple different types but my go-to quick & easy was
1 cup of lentils
1 bag of frozen veggie mix
Diced onion and celery
1 can of tomato sauce
2 bouillon cubes
1 cup of rice or one large-ish diced potato.
Mix in a pot, add water and apply heat.
Season as desired.
If you're carbophobic you can nix the rice/potato and add more vegetables.
Sometimes I'd swap out the lentils for a cross cut beef shank or swap out the bouillon for a soup bone if I wasn't in a rush.

>being this salty
Salt!

Doesn't cooking them like this make them lose their nutritional value?
I know absolutely nothing about cooking.

No, sauteed is actually one of the best ways to preserve nutrient value.
Boiling or steaming is the worst.

Neat.
Guess I'll have it every night for lunch then too. It sounds like it'd taste good.

Thanks. I'm gonna make this tomorrow

>every night for lunch

you could also make a large bowl of soup , occasionally, 3 days ago i made harrissa-carrot soup and still eat from it.
basically just cook things without too many carbs and you can pig on it as much as you want

Make a big ass salad. Then you will always have something on hand if you feel like a snack. My go to is jicima (think potato meets apple), red cabbage, sui choy and fennel bulb. All of these are cheap, tasty, nutritious and filling while being low in calories and they hold well. Just dice all that shit up and throw it in a big bowl with a moist paper towel over the top and a lid and it will keep for a week or so. Every time you get hungry just have a bowl of salad. Just make sure you don't use a high calorie dressing.

I don't have problems with making an easy salad but I just wanted to know if I was ingesting way more calories/salt/fat than I was realizing.

source?

>Carrots
Yes
>Spinach
Yes
>Onions
300% yes
>Broccoli
Yes
>Celery
Meh
>Bean sprouts
Brrrrrrrrrap
>Bell pepper
Yes
>Toasted almonds
Only if activated
>Toasted sesame seeds
Nah
>Soy sauce (tablespoon only)
Are you trying to lose weight or testosterone?
>Canola oil (tea spoon)
It's shit use butter

Made in Abyss

the only thing you need to worry about it that some things cook faster or slower than other, you might have too raw or over cooked veggies if you just throw them in all at once.
for example, blanch the spinach and toss it in towards the end

Pretty gud unless you apply the almonds and sesame by carpet bombing the area, they are surprisingly energy-dense. Adding some chopped tomatoes/passata and stewing might be a worthwhile mixup if it gets boring.

Long-term nutrition-wise, do remember to get your protein in though, or you'll feel like death.

>frozen veggie mix
Why would you do this user? Why not buy fresh vegetables?

Because frozen are fine for a cheap and easy veggie soup.
If I'm making a salad or sauteed I use fresh.

I toast the nut mix on an iron griddle and keep them in a bowl. Good for a snack too, but if I'm adding it to the dish I only do so as a garnish at the very end. So long as it's healthy and hopefully low-calorie, I'll be fine with eating it for a few months.
To put it into perspective, last year I was 190 and went down to 150 eating only 3 PB&J, vitamins, and water a day for a few months.
Though I might try adding tomatoes anyway as it sounds like it'd be pretty good. As for protein, I usually just panfry chicken breast so I think it'll be alright.

I toss them in one at a time and cook them a bit before adding in the next one. The spinach is definitely last, but the rest are generally in whatever order as I don't use much of a high temp in the first place.
Raw veggies in itself are fine too as I wouldn't mind eating any of it raw, including the onions.

Nuts are really dense in calories, just so you know. They are tasty though so it's worth it.

Should be alright I think. I'm not putting a lot and I have low-calorie meals otherwise too.

I'll try this. Looks tasty

This is wrong. Steaming is the best way to preserve nutrients. Just make sure to steam your vegetables for the appropriate length of time. The problem is most people tend to cook their vegetables for too long.

If you really want to lose weight, I'd recommend fasting. Alternate day fasting, or 5/2 is a good way to go.

Though really, it's all calories. Don't be so concerned about 'healthy' eating, instead just try to eat a balanced and varied diet, and count your calories. There's absolutely nothing wrong with meats, fats, or even sugars in moderation. They're actually essential for good health.

The only thing you really want to avoid are heavily processed, unnatural foods, with added sugars and preservatives.