America, the beautiful

Dear /ck,

I am taking a road trip of this beautiful country later this year. Please advocate for places I should eat as well as cities I should stay in. So far, I have stops in Portland, Seattle, Chicago, NYC, DC, NOLA, Austin, Denver, San Diego (I'm from CA), but I need a bunch of stops in between based on recommendations. If you have city stop (particularly between seattle and chicago, and dc and NOLA) or food recommendations anywhere, please leave them here. You will be rewarded with my favorite recipes...

Other urls found in this thread:

alexandracooks.com/2014/07/08/the-zucchini-anchovy/
food52.com/recipes/68405-harissa-chicken-with-leeks-potatoes-and-yogurt
tasteofhome.com/recipes/upside-down-peach-cake
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

alexandracooks.com/2014/07/08/the-zucchini-anchovy/

food52.com/recipes/68405-harissa-chicken-with-leeks-potatoes-and-yogurt

tasteofhome.com/recipes/upside-down-peach-cake

>between seattle and chicago

I've done PDX to Chicago a few times and it's basically a wasteland.

Go to Big Jud's in Archer, ID and get your picture on the wall.

But seriously you just asked for restaurant recommendations for basically the entire country, so a basket of dicks is definitely on the menu.

when you go to Seattle go to the Pike's Place Market
if you want some dank ass sweets try
La Panier

Sahara Mediterranean in Lexington ky

there (used to be, not sure about now) is this little stand in pike place that has 50 cent pork buns, they're heckin delicious and i highly recommend them to anyone looking for a quick cheap meal

Please, you must visit Lincoln Nebraska. you'll get it when you get there. but only during the winter months. if you go during the summer it won't be worth it.

Not sure if it's the same place, but when I went last year there was a Chinese restaurant that had a window that sold shit like that. Good red bean buns.

it very well could be the same place. if so, glad to hear they're still around. delicous and inexpensive food makes me a happy jew.

It's been probably a decade since I've been to Pike Place, but it's hard to imagine that a cheap Chinese pork bun place could still be around in such an expensive tourist trap like that.

pike place is actually pretty grimy desu

All of Manhattan is grimy. Doesn't change the fact that the tourist spots are all ridiculously overpriced.

fair enough but at least manhattan doesn't have a gum wall staring you down while you eat overpriced food

>only going to hipster cities
are you a soyboy, OP?

Chicago. many options
Portillos: Hotdog (everything w or w/o peppers), Beef dipped w or w/o peppers cheese fries, Chicken chop salad, chocolate cake shake
Giordano's or Lou Malnati's (for local do superosa on north side or connies on south): Stuffed/deepdish pizza
Alcohol: Grey Goose brewery, Revolution Brewery
Desert (they are only open till 4 but most places have their cheese cake) Eli's cheese cake.
(For a real chicago tradition, ask for a shot of Malort.
Anywhere in Yuppieville/wrigley is good to eat as well.
Or get your lunch and sit by the lakefront. that is fun to.

That looks like a list of the crap that would come up first thing if you were to google, "shitty Chicago foods for tourists to try".

those are the most common and easiest to find. That is what i have recomended to friends visiting here for the first time before. so deal with it!

>get your lunch and sit by the lakefront. that is fun to

I haven't lived in the midwest in years, but suggesting a picnic by the lakefront in the middle of January makes it sound like you're legitimately trolling.

The weather here is bi polar, i went last week when it was 50 outside. so not sure what you are complaining about.

Kumas is good in chicago.

That cat is beautiful user

If you stop in Philadelphia, buy a cheesesteak from a local place. Genos or Pats are both good, as are Ishkabbibles and Jims on South street. Get either provolone or cheese whiz. Onions are mushrooms are good additions.