Mysterious books

Post some mysteroius books. Horror, surreal, religious or whatever you want. Preferably novels. Must be very mysterious. I'm tired of searching the same shit on goodreads.

>The Golem & The Green Face, Gustav Meyrink
>The Master and Margarita, Mikhail Bulgakov

Ironically the books for children are fucking amazing. Their authors steal the best ideas.

what books for children? All of them?

Kenneth Grant's Nightside of Eden

Yes all of them. At least fantasy or sci fi ones. Just remoce childish stuff and add more philosophy or violence lel

so basically unrestrained fantasy and sci fi with some sort of grounded personal narrative

This is the kind of story I aspire to write and I've been fruitlessly searching for good examples of it for a long while.

Margaret l'Engle

Sorrey
Madeleine L'Engle
Based christian child sci fi writor
And Rene Barjavel

You'll thank me later.

dunno what you mean by mysterious but kafka on the shore is very surreal. it's like the movie spirited away.

The Night Land by William Hope Hodgson

>Hodgson
My negro

Umberto Eco - The Name of the Rose

Julien Green - La Nuit des fantômes
Not even sure what the English title is, I read it as a kid translated in my native language and it really messed me up. It's a very short story about some kid having some trippy dreams one night that involve the afterlife and sandwiches and ghosts and the snake in the Bible and all sorts of weird stuff. Never read another book like it.
> pic related, it's the cover of the book I read

how was this? i was at a bookstore and chose stoner over this just because the name of the rose seemed very complex. is it a hard read?

I have several Julien Green books but translated in polish
Adrienne Mesurat
L'autre
Frere Francois
Partir avant le jour
Epaves
Mille chemins ouverts

>Not even sure what the English title is
>La Nuit des fantômes
are you retarded
think about it for two seconds

>the nut of fantomas
what does mike pattons sperm have to do with a kids story?

codex seraphinianus

oh so you are retarded