I bought this bacon a year ago and never opened it. Is it still good?

I bought this bacon a year ago and never opened it. Is it still good?

was in the freezer?

fridge or freezer?

if from the freezer use it in a soup

Nah it was in the back of my closet. I lost it under a pile of yugiyoh cards and my cat just found it this morning

>yugiyoh cards
if it was under an ice type elemental it might be okay

then no, you daft cunt

keked irl
but seriously, I think he meant like was it in the fridge instead of the freezer

Op here. Yes. The bacon was refrigerated the whole time.

Sure. Why not? Just be sure to cook it before you eat it.

you'd be fine then, i ate recently some chicken breasts that i completely forgot in my freezer since the beginning of the summer so they were at least 7-8 months and they were completely fine.

Open it and smell it, bad meat will either smell weird, or completely fucking rancid.

It's probably at least half a year past the expiration, maybe more. I'd say unsafe. It was frozen then it would be okay.

Let me be direct:
If it was only REFRIGERATED, stored in the REFRIGERATOR, at temperatures ABOVE freezing, then you need to throw it out.
If it was stored IN THE FREEZER, at temperatures BELOW freezing, then it will be fine.

Wouldnt the bacon be even better by now since it was subjected to an “ageing” process.
Now shouldnt it be thick cut AGED cherry wood bacon?
That just sounds better actually.

>“ageing” process.
>while frozen

if it was in a properly controlled aging room it would. Wrapped in plastic shoved in the back of a fridge it wont add shit.

Ok i think im in luck because i have one of those fridgerators where the freezer is on the bottom half. Have you seen those before? That should make the bacon atill be good is what your saying, Correct?

yes dumbo, thats what a freezer is

Just so i’ve got this. The freezer is the thing that makes things hard, right?

Thanks XD
Ooo ooo eee eee ahh ahh

I hope you get trichinosis for making this more confusing than it needs to be, OP.

>people responding to this as if it's not a shit post.
As if we needed anymore proof that Veeky Forums is full of autists.

If you eat that it will be extremely painful.

You mean is being filled to the brim with leddit retards.

Veeky Forums is the border between Veeky Forums and reddit, so yes it is where all the migrant scum pool

as long as it was n the freezer part

THIS FUCKING THREAD LMAO

OP IS EITHER A MASTER TROLL OR A LEGIT FUCKING DUM DUM

Op here. I cooked the year old bacon this morning and my theory was correct. Aging the bacon made it taste way better, theres a slight pungent smell but theres nutty hints and it really brought out the smokey cherry wood flavors. I have never had bacon that just melts in your mouth like this before.

I'm glad you enjoyed your last meal, but sadly, you will die soon

Actually i have been ageing lots of my foods for years and my immune system has become super powerful from it. I used to get crazy diarrhea , but now im regular as fuck and i never get sick, my poops are more punctual than old faithful, so shows what you know.

I'm going to miss you

My superior well trained immune system will keep me around much longer than you plebby immune system will , so i hope theres an afterlife for you to miss me from, user.

goodnight sweet prince

But that?is not necessarily accurate.

Open it.
Smell it.
There is a good chance it will be perfectly safe. The texture will be different...softer and mealy.
If it smells a little gamey...like proscuitto it is still fine.

OP... you will know immediately if its bad. Just open it.

Also not true. Its called wet aging

Yes this bacon was prefessionally vacuum wet aged.
Its also know as space ageing because its pretty much simulating the same thing the bacon would experience in outter space where there is no air or bacteria to cause mold.