Ginger Tea

Season's got you down?
Got a cold? The flu? A fever?
Worry not! I got yall niggas covered
You don't know shit about ginger tea
all you know is the pussy edition ("""add 1 tbsp of grated ginger"""")
I'm gonna show you how to brew a man's ginger tea that'll burn through any slimy shit caught in your throat

First, get some ginger

And a lemon

STOP I'M TIRED OF THESE CRINGEY POSTS WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS WEBSITE IT'S LIKE IT'S 2007 AGAIN

chop that

Boil for about 15-20 minutes for optimal brew strength

Add lemon + optional green tea

>LIKE IT'S 2007 AGAIN
so, a better time?
not enough le epic praise kek pepes and "da niggers and da jooz" "fucking SJWs" nu-Veeky Forums posting for your taste?

>somebody’s posting a food and cooking related thread on Veeky Forums
>I’LL put a a stop to that!

Fucking retard

What is the Ginger to water ratio, how long did you let the ginger and water go on the stove?

I don't really measure how much ginger, but usually as much as is in the pictures. Water is about 2 liters, which lasts me the entire afternoon.

>
some tips chaps
start the ginger in cold water then heat to a boil
also chop a little finer than also add whiskey

start the thread again, without using reddit language this time.

>Add lemon
do you just squeeze lemon juice in it or just throw a few slices of lemon?

also, can you sweeten it with some honey?

I squeeze it, but I suppose you can do it with lemon slices as well. I don't sweeten it, but you could add some honey.
I usually chop it finer than that, yeah
the more surface area the better

it's like this but with nigger/faggot thrown in

nice, thanks.
i actually never used ginger in my life, but saw some on the supermarket next to my home and then your thread and now im going to the store and getting some.
should i remove the skin before boiling?
also, how much of ginger do i need for 2 liters of water(in grams)?

I remove the skin, because it can be quite dirty with dirt and soil
I never measure it, but I'd go for 2 or 3 root branches, like in the pics

moot is on the record as saying 2007 was the best year for Veeky Forums and I agree

Never actually tried ginger, how does it taste?

Thx user, great tea.

Delicious, I'll have to remember this.

Also do you seriously not use metric? Why????

How can you drink 2 liters of anything in a single afternoon? I'm lucky to get through a bottle of water a day.

Also what do I look for when buying ginger?

Its the style of writing hes upset about you dumbass. And hes right. Its embarrassing.

Your pee must be so dark its opaque.

you peeled the ginger? why though

Depends on the day. Some days its nice and pale. I'm talking the average day. Sometimes I can down a couple of bottles while I'm eating. That's pretty much most of my liquid intake there.

Not just water though, soda, juice, tea, it all goes mostly unfinished. I mostly just don't ever feel thirsty and if I force myself I end up feeling sick.

One of my favourite hot beverages, especially if I have a cold
Hate putting lemon in it though
Usually add loads of honey

Use a spoon or a knife perpendicular to the ginger to scrape off the skin. Less wasteful.

that pic is wrong and it doesn't understand dehydration

How's it wrong?

yall niggas even make fire cider? now that shit will burn through any cold.
>onion garlic tumeric horseradish habanero lemon lime ginger
>chop that shit
>let sit /shake
>strain
>honey to taste
wala

forgot to say cover ingredients in apple cider vinegar
>wala

So basically you boil all that stuff in water than strain the juice and add vinegar and drink it? I'll try it just for fun Because im not sick.

Im Also Brown

I'm a nurse and have made this for years. I also add elderflowers. No, don't boil it. Just let it all steep together In The vinegar for at least a month or 2. I guess you could wait 2 weeks but it's better to let it sit longer.

Bump for interest. Ginger noob here. Are you supposed to peel ginger or nah? Not just for tea, but in general.

It’s worth peeling ginger for sauces and stir fries because the skin is tough and unpleasant. But in tea, where all the plant mass gets strained out anyway, it’s a waste of effort.

You can make this sound easier and less retarded like so:
- boil enough water to fill two mugs
- cut up a piece a ginger about as big as your thumb for lighter version, double that for strong version
- boil for 10 minutes (longer boils = stronger flavor)
- add lemon to taste

Makes sense.