Red pill me on butcher shops. There is a nice one by me but I am so intimidated to go in I don't know what to get...

Red pill me on butcher shops. There is a nice one by me but I am so intimidated to go in I don't know what to get. I went into one yesterday and the man behind the counter said "Hola Amigo" and I ran out like a sperge.

Other urls found in this thread:

tucson.com/news/local/crime/photos-border-busts/collection_c294a94c-9b59-11e4-8daa-476332a44c91.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let the butcher know what you like and he'll sort you out. They're not there to judge you if you haven't been to one before. They want to sell product and get repeat business. It's very simple.

Really, let the butcher do his job, tell him what you like and maybe the purpose and your budget so he can help you with specific cuts. Not everyone is expected to know everything like an expert that's been doing it for like thirty years.

How much do you tip a butcher usually?

The real red pill will be something along the lines of.
>Just go vegan user, it's better for you and the planet
But who cares about that kinda shit! Not me!!! Back to eating my bacon now..

Give them a handful of your good boy points

Lots and lots of land is only suitable for grazing and would be harmful to the environment if it was switched to crop agriculture.

Do Americans seriously have to tip butchers?

no

It depends. I tip my butcher occasionally when he sets me up with primo beef cuts, throws in some scraps to try or free casings or similar, etc.

But being generous means he frequently stashes stuff away for me and comes to me first over other non-tipping customers. He goes a little further in making me happy.

Why is this concept so hard for europeans?

We just don't need to bribe everyone to get decent service

Are you fucking kidding do u want to get mad cow disease.

>let me go wrap this in the back for ya kid

You don't need to here, but it helps.

above and beyond service deserves a little extra

This. I want to get you what you want and let you get on with your life.

No.

t- american butcher

I have a butcher by me, super nice and accommodating for a first time buyer. I wanted pork belly because of the epic memes. His I guess newer butcher got me a pork butt and the guy was like "No, no. With rind, he wants to make crackling." and he was spot on. 15lbs for 48$ the day after bleeding. Only had a few hairs on it and it cooked just great. Ask questions and see what they are about.

five minutes of conversation -
>we butcher them tues
>hang em
>wednesday is our first day with all the good sales and special cuts
>we dont stock belly, we sell that in bulk but id be more than happy to hold one for ya'

I feel bad Ive not gone back, but the hilarity is that I dont eat pork or beef and thats what they slaughter. I was cooking it for others. Local butchers dont usually have young people, mine was ALL old people both times I went. But the butchers were young. It makes them happy to see young faces.

Pork belly is delicious. Also, why don't you eat pork or beef?

wouldnt personally kill the animal, I eat hunted venison (also processed at this same butcher in season, but most hunters do it themselves) and friends who raise pigs at their home I buy cuts of because I know they are happy.

Call Immigration.
Problem solved.

Fair enough.

This. Mexicans are cancer. Right up there with niggers.

Look for yourself. If your not sure ask him, he wants your custom.
Also every butcher has great bants and a sense of humour, fishmongers not so much

Good one OP

Why dont fast food workers get tipped

Because they do things like fuck up your order every single time, and are famous for it.

What he described is exceptional service, not just decent service.

this pasta is getting stale.

>go to butcher
>all the prices are at least twice as much for the same cuts at the grocery store
>even ground meat is just under $10/lb
Why?
How do they stay in business?
Hipsters and Jews?

>go to store
>get trash tier meat
>go to butcher shop
>get meat that is not trash

This is why it's extra. That and they don't have a million other things to make money on, so the markup is going to be higher. Unless the butcher is trash, in which case in to the dumpster they go.

why don't you try getting the same cut from both places and compare texture and taste?
I can't afford to use my butcher for all my meat but if I want to treat myself a good steak I'll pay the price. There's definitely a difference.
Plus the butcher has cuts you might not be able to find at the supermarket. I don't think I've ever seen kidney in a supermarket and even more common organ meats like heart and liver aren't a given either.

>20% increase in quality for 100% increase in price
No thanks. Meat is expensive enough as it is.

My butcher is either cheaper or in line with the grocery stores normal pricing. Especially their inhouse jerky.

That depends on the butcher and area. Some places are nowhere near that, others are just jews.

try some of the Mexican things there, you might be surprised how good that shit is. ask the butcher how to use it if you don't know how

don't be mad your sisters kids or definitely grandkids are gonna be brown, pinkdick

Thats because they know they wont be tipped

Meant for

>intimidated by a store
The absolute state of soy boys. Can you imagine if WW3 broke out today? We’d be fucked!

Nice meme. Enjoy your deportation.

Even in places where tipping is allowed they fuck it up. Fast food workers who work there for a career are trash, plain and simple.

I worked fast food for years and I got tipped maybe once a week or so. Just be nice and act like you don't of give a shit. You're fucked in the kitchen though unless whoever is up front decides to share.

kid, you gotta go back

I'm a eurocunt and I always tip my butcher, my haircut person, my baker, my taxi driver and basically any service person which I encounter on a regular basis

don't fall for the "you don't tip in europe" meme, some autists are just too dumb to understand that just one € more per encounter makes sure you get a special treatment.
the spergs have no idea what these workers are willing to do for you if you are a polite regular who is willing to spend a bit more

>One more Euro
Dummies gon' dum. Also when most of one's income is in the form of good boy points, spending extra real currency seems like a tall order I'm sure.

The only thing that should trip you up is asking for the right amount of food.
I recommend buying a small weight set to compare what 0.5lb, 1lb, and 2 lbs of meat might look like.
A rule of thumb is 0.833 lbs of chicken per person, 0.654 lbs of beef per person, and 0.9133 lbs of pork per person.

You won't need to use that land at all since vegetables require far less acreage per calorie than meat.

>t- illegal mexican

That's over-complicating it. Just go with a pound per person and you'll have some leftovers.

What kind of special treatment are you getting from your taxi driver and barber?
I was on very good terms with the butcher I used before I moved and would sometimes get some soup bones for free etc. but that was achieved through smalltalk and frequent business rather than tips.
But a taxi driver? Does he just give you a free ride once in a while?

Yes, a couple bucks is a perfectly normal and reasonable tip. The American system using percentages seems incredibly strange to me. It's not like bringing a lobster to my table is more work than bringing me soup. To the contrary even.

>would sometimes get some soup bones for free e
lol you know we through those in the garbage right?

>wasting good soup bones
We sell them as dog bones. Also, marrow is good stuff. Enjoy throwing your product in the trash, retard.

There's just so many every day that they go bad before we can sell them
Getting "Free soup bones" isn't a special friends only deal. It's a "take this so I don't need to throw it out later because no one wants it"

How in the hell do they go bad before you can sell them? Freeze them. Fido won't give a fuck, and neither do the people who boil them down to make stock.

Space is the freezer is limited. We can't just have an ever growing bucket of bones. Production vastly outpaces sales.

If someone walks in and is like "You got any soup bones?", sure.
But it's just not worth hoarding.

Fair enough. We only have a small amount ourselves, and it does bring people in.

sort of true
true

Also with companion planting and getting rid of the current way we do crops and there'd be a world of no needed fertilizers, no hunger, no animals killed...

gee almost the way god designed it, but here we are fucking shit up

>mfw he thinks people jump the border where theres people living
Wall aint gonna do shit when theres underground tunnels and rivers and shit.

Oh but they do

tucson.com/news/local/crime/photos-border-busts/collection_c294a94c-9b59-11e4-8daa-476332a44c91.html

I also don't expect the wall to completely stop taco benders. I do expect to see more fewer making it over, and more of them drowning, which will be extremely lulzy.

>Only had a few hairs on it

Get them cut nigga, your butchers got a bandsaw right?

What about gleaning? Or using up scraps? Youre severely reducing the efficiency of a farm by removing animals from the process.

I cure my own bacon and it's not at all unusual to find a few hairs on a complete 14lb pork belly slab from the slaughterhouse. Meat doesn't grow in cellophane packages at your friendly neighborhood walmart refrigerated case.

Why do yanks use "European" as a default term for anyone who is not a yank?

I mean, kind of? But that's like saying cigars are healthier than cigarettes. Even if you're now wasting a 25 percent of the crop when you would have only wasted 5 percent with animals, the net waste is still far, far lower. You're severely underestimating how many resources are required to grow meat. We're talking exponential here.

Add in fuel, specialized machines, transport, refrigeration, methane gas production, and a handful of other things I'm forgetting off the top of my head and it's a no brainer.

Exbutcher here:

Almost 90% of butchers are selling you the exact same meat at a premium. They come from the same abattoirs, and most of the time the supermarkets get the first pick (because they buy more).

Unless you want very specific cuts, or something game, just go to a supermarket. Or don't be retarded and buy a primal cut and learn to do the very easy job of cutting it yourself.

because it's fucking true and you can't prove me wrong
>idiots
>europoors
>brazilians
>shitskins
>niggas
they all can't into American

Tipping culture brings the standard of service down. Decent is now slightly "above and beyond," and good service is so mind blowing to receive that you must tip at least 33% upon receiving it

That's not a butcher shop, OP, that's a charcuterie. Learn the difference.

my usual driver lets me smoke in the cab and declines other rides to pick me up wherever I am, he also has no problem to wait 10-15 minutes for me

my haircut person pretends that I have an appointment so I don't have to wait with the other plebs, they also usually get me a red bull to drink and trim my nose hair

I find that if I want "prime" grade meat I have to go to a butcher. The grocery store only has "choice" grade. Isn't that reason enough?

>Learn the difference.
no

I wish I could have popped that