Which gender makes for a more interesting protagonist, assuming gender itself isn't integral to the work?

Which gender makes for a more interesting protagonist, assuming gender itself isn't integral to the work?

Male characters are more interesting

Females

Because it's 2017

The female condition is inherently more complex, so that.

>assuming gender itself isn't integral to the work
I can think of many male-led stories where gender isn't integral to the work, but do you know of any novels with a female protagonist where gender isn't a focal motif? Really boggles the nogggles.

polygender
more genders=better

>reading books with a female protagonist
>ever

irrelevant on its own, depends on the circumstances, the setting and narrative.

Female in a matriarchal world.

attack helicopter

you're a fool

Male protagonists excel at action.
Female characters are more psychologically dynamic.
A neutral and complementary lens; all is harmonious.

>The female condition is inherently more complex, so that.

That's the problem though, that just makes it a massive distraction

>Female characters are more psychologically dynamic.

lol I love this meme

Robot

Yeah well you're a cunt and I could hit you

Unmentioned. But you would have to write in a language like Finnish to do it nonautistically.

Female characters' psychological needs begin and end with getting their pussies rammed.

Name me one (1) well known book with an adult female protagonist which doesn't revolve around her romances or marriage. Go on, I'll wait around all day.

A trap or someone who can switch genders at the drop of the pin like my waifu Palmer Eldritch desu.

>h-hack authors can write females guys

emily eye finger

I want to cum inside Palmer Eldritch's tight loli pussy!

As your posts have shown, women are interesting as aesthetic objects. They are beautiful. But they make for an interesting story about as well as a flower does.

>ywn take over the UN, ban the sale of Chew-Z and steal his entire supply until he is so starved for affection that he'll be your personal fucktoy until the end of time
>Acts like incest, murder and rape taking place in translation don't count as illegal
Wew.

I like girls

Is that the girl who once posted a picture of Lil Peep eating her ass on Twitter?

V. is a shadowy protagonist. Everywhere but rarely anywhere in that eponymous novel. Maybe THE instance of the type of character (you) ask for.

>when you realize you're too intelligent for Veeky Forums

Female protagonist that is a split personality of the actual male protagonist

>dunning kruger
Post work

Don't really feel like it. If you dig up something yourself I'll consider it.

this

>having this much of a faggot shit taste.

>The female condition is inherently more complex, so that.

Everything I've learned about women from books just leads me to believe that they constantly fear being raped

males cause they have stupid ideals
females because their psyche makes no sense

Brown haired white men in their twenties are by far the best protagonists. Especially if they got a rather common name with 3-4 letters.

Femininity is superior to the masculine. Just saying.
"oh ho! i have wad of meat between muh legs and a self-righteous desire to exert my will on others through force, if necessary."

becuase they do because it's a legitimate fear.

ITT: pussy-thirsty virgin boys.

The irony is that women these days exert their will better than most men, since they're told they can get away with it.

I like to read books with a cute shota as the protagonist so I can imagine myself pressing up against him

They do it through means other than the physical. Think of Hegel's master-slave relationship. The female is the slave, and she is more clever when it comes to manipulating the master.
Modernization has improved women's opportunities because now if a woman outsmarts a man in the business world she doesn't have to worry about him raping her and killing her kids. We still have a ways to go.

a ways to go for what? If you live in western society then you have it pretty good, especially as a woman.

I'd be more concerned about women getting their faces melted for refusing a guys advances.

There aren't enough books with cute boys in them.

>he sees your dick

Sexual selection / competition made men exist at both the highest and lowest points along the spectrum of human experience, while women have just remained in the boring mediocre middle area.

Sometimes it's hard for people living privileged lives to acknowledge the structural constraints others face.
A white woman with an associates degree and a husband with an MBA is not facing the same kind of oppression as the girl sleeping on a different guys couch everynight bumming drugs and cigarettes and going hungry because life is that hopeless

Males make for better protagonists, because females make for extraordinarily better antagonists, and the antagonist drives the work more often. There's never going to be a male that reaches Lady Macbeth, and Cathy Ames is more terrifying than any male antagonist I can think of.

>the girl sleeping on a different guys couch everynight bumming drugs and cigarettes and going hungry because life is that hopeless
If it was a man he'd be living on the street alone because no one would let him bum anything or give him a place to stay.

>going hungry
Unless you're talking about sub-saharan africa, she could just show up at convenience stores and supermarkets and some of them will give her something out of the leftover unpurchased food they were going to throw out. Or she could just go to the dumpsters and get the food there after it's already been thrown out. And that's not even mentioning all the many resources both private and state ran for assisting the homeless, all of which preferentially take care of women over men.

It's telling that the bad situation you use as an example involves men giving the woman lots of free shit.

>because it's a legitimate fear.

Ooh so scary, a dick might be in me for like a minute or two
Get over yourself

False, I have been that man. As a man you just have to generate productive value (i.e. move drugs, steal, etc.) which risks putting you in a cage.
But trust me women have it bad in ways you aren't thinking of. What about when the trap house toilet doesn't work and the 22 yr old girl sleeping on the couch in the trailer park has to shit? And she's in a house full of males? It's a minor example but it's things like this. Ah fuck it you couldn't understand what you haven't experienced.
Things are just things. Our value as humans isn't derived from simply the things we produce.

I think it comes down to not associating with fucked up people. We can peddle this self-flagellating women have it worse nonsense all we want but in the end everyone makes their own choices that get them where they are.

And no, I'm not some sheltered twit. Hell I saw people get murdered outside my window once or twice.

also note that i said she would forgo food for drugs. That's significant. You give a hungry person food when you want them to be not hungry. You give them drugs when you want them to obey you.
wow friend you are so naive. That's what really gets me about people who deny privilege exists. Have you ever begged strangers for things? The post-modernists are right, you can't get an accurate critique of something you've never experienced.

But the less privileged do associate with fucked up people like themselves and it's why there is no non-spooked way to tell the poor not to slaughter those that have the means and take it for themselves.

Or you could just tell them to stay in school, get practical skills and forsake the approval of their peers for one fucking second.

So many people fuck themselves up thinking they just HAVE to be everyone's friend. Fuck those losers.

Good now I can use your boypuss as a cocksleeve

>So many people fuck themselves up thinking they just HAVE to be everyone's friend. Fuck those losers.
It must be lonely in civilized society. You've got your monitors and possessions to make you feel real.
Those on the struggle only have each other. Which is why it's even more heart wrenching when it comes to old friends fighting over scraps.

I hope you're not pulling some holier than thou shtick, but either way, that dosent do anything against what I said. People who bind themselves to bullshit end up staying there, its as simple as that.

Male writers make for interesting authors, because they aren't constantly met with thoughts of inadequacy

>People who bind themselves to bullshit end up staying there, its as simple as that.
I don't disagree. But it's a more "genuine" human experience to be intimately involved with everyday desperation when you have long time friends who /get it/.
Like the other day, i shared my coke with the girl i was tryna fuck, but not our mutual friend who really wanted some of my coke. But he understands that money is money and that doesn't negatively impact our relationship. It just points to the strength of our bonds of mutual understanding under desperate situations (keep in mind that the addict needs drugs the way you need food)

DFW

Just sounds like a self-perpetuating cycle you have there. Drug addiction is highly unenviable and destructive, and if this is something supported in your circle maybe its time to re-evaluate.

Yeah, I know. My friends are like family but we are not a good influence on one another :(

>assuming gender itself isn't integral to the work?

Neither then.

if its not as bad as you say then please post your address so we can come rape you

sending someone pizza isn't rape

Too true, but it's even rarer if you don't want pederasty. At the very least don't make them children.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC

okay...Mr.President, we're coming for you hehe.

Women are simply incapable of feeling what true loneliness or anxiety for the pressure of society feels like

Even the ugliest of the chicks can have someone to fuck them, befriend them and love them. And everybody values women life over men anyday, the one males whose life aren't expendable are the top 1% with power and money, if you are broke, unemployed and without a car over 20yo you are worthless in the eyes of society, a chick on the same position can find friends, attention and love easily. Dealing with depression is way harder as a man, being a woman you are extroverted by nature so you can talk your feelings out and be comforted

But lets see the stacies saying their life sucks because they actually had to pay for shit last time they went out or because they can't have a 10/10 bf instead of their current 8/10 one

On the other side describing female characters are infinitely more interesting and fun than the male counterpart, women are the form and joy in life

Both. At the same time.

Women are spiritually and psychologically more passive than men. It's difficult to imagine a female Hamlet, for instance.

It's difficult to imagine this since no one writes like Shakespeare and there has never been a period where we can take a princess behaving this way.
You'd have to get a great talent and mimic of Elizabethan prose to write a fantasy piece.

Women's social roles hammer in a sort of behavior, but they are certainly not locked there by anything other than social norms and a womb. Everything else is just generalist buffoonery

Goneril in Lear isn't at the same level as Hamlet, but some of her problems are close to Hamlet's, for example her relation with her father.

Also, it funny because for French-speaking people, the most well-known actor having played Hamlet is an actress, Sarah Bernhardt.

Ok. But there are biological differences as well leading to psychological differences.

Ok. But note that Goneril was created by a guy --- Shakespeare. What I more mean is, it's hard to imagine a female Hamlet in real life, or a female writer creating a character of the depth of Hamlet.

A female Hamlet is impossible. Females in that play (Gertrude and Ophelia) are completely neutralized (passive and amoral). Gertrude is married to the man that murdered her husband, and Ophelia is in love with the man that murders her father. Females exists outside of the bonds of conscience and honor linking man to man. This is why Hamlet is mad only to Gertrude and Ophelia. Both Claudius and Polonius know better. Ophelia goes legitimately mad because she comes to understands her own compromised position, as the lover of her father's murderer. She cannot revenge her father's death. Only her brother can do that. Gertrude, meanwhile, remains the impassive and impersonal lioness, the type that can watch her own son murdered by her new lord and master to make way for his brood. Yes males and females are different.

>not sharing drugs
you are the worst. kill yourself fucker. you don't understand nothing about junkie lifestyle

No their problems are in no respects alike. Goneril is a scheming indolent sociopath. Hamlet is a profound and sensitive prince bearing the burden of his conscience, and the necessity of revenging his father's unnatural murder.

Having a child makes one passive?
On the contrary. It makes them versatile. On the one hand you have to nurture and pay obscene amounts of self sacrificing time with their children, after some time you have to deal with their Independence and their backtalk and obstinance. A good mother would kill to protect that kind of investment. You imagine things user.
Stop generalizing whole sexes.

No, biological differences in the brain.

Which hemisphere?
The sexual roles (leaving out the social ones that vary from culture to culture throughout time) occupy women's time with child rearing and mandatory versatility.

Please play with me, mommy.

legit female protagonists (not current year feminism ones) are way better, but they are more rare

Both hemispheres.

Well, Hamlet is arguably the deepest character in litterature.

You have some pretty good female writers, like Charlotte Brontë, Virginia Woolf, or George Sand.
However, I must say that from what I read, the best characters written by female writers are male (e.g. The depiction of Hadrian by Marguerite Yourcenar is stunning), and the best female characters I can think of have been written my male writers (Anna Karenina, Emma Bovary...).
But, as I haven't read Jane Eyre yet, I cannot say this is a general case, from what I heard it's a very good female charater by a very good female writer.

In my opinion, we need to wait some time (sadly, perhaps more than our lives): as women were limited in what they could do until a few decades ago, there hasn't been enough time for modern writers to focus on anything else than "females were oppressed" or "muh look at my powerful female protagonist" until now.

Ooh, s-so lewd. Naughty mommy.

extrapolating like that won't fool anyone user, if you need to vent, go to /adv/

Source?

I'm not venting you retard if you can't refute a point I made don't reply at all, why does everyone go with ''le mad xdd'' route everytime someone crushes their world?

>Vividly describing the moments leading up to you sucking dick.

>Female "Literature"

>muh authentic life experience

Trash

This is a good one. Filth.

Male. Isn't it obvious? Maybe one day we'll evolve in some way that reverses ten thousands years of inequal development in sexes in terms of what's interesting to write about, but until then... Don't you try to be generous here and say it's both, because you know it's not. Maybe one day. Not today. It's a man's world for now and no revolution can change that. Now suck my patriarchal cock as I slide through my Aurelius. I joke. Epicur
When did Veeky Forums turn shit?

>Women are simply incapable of feeling what true loneliness or anxiety for the pressure of society feels like
Wouldn't trapping them in a room for 10 years allow them to feel said loneliness?

Of course they would, everything I said applies to women in their natural state/society
Its pretty fucking obvious that if you do something so radical to someone it will forcefully have a huge impact on them despite anything

Painfully underrated post