Al/ck/ - alcoholics

Terror will reign upon those who do not stop drinking.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/StMMa8uR2-0
assisted-dying.org/blog/2007/12/09/helium-hood-method-now-the-way-for-assisted-suicide/
americanaddictioncenters.org/alcoholism-treatment/wet-brain/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korsakoff's_syndrome
mdcalc.com/ciwa-ar-alcohol-withdrawal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

most of us are already pretty familiar with the terror

Yes, and water is wet, everybody already knows that retard.

Stop!

We're here to help.

What's a good spirit that doesnt give heartburn?

I'm the alck who thought they were dying this weekend of a heart attack. Pretty sure it was heartburn/neuropathy from drinking bourbon straight for 2 weeks.

Switched back to beer and hate all the empties and calories. Maybe gin?

>have the fear
>drink a coffee
>NOPE
Made it 20 minutes sober. Mental note: fuck caffeine.

Delete your alcohol

Brain fog, part of PAWS.
It last a few months. You have to power through it. Or, well, just wait until it ends without engaging in brain-intensive activities.

>have withdrawals
>maybe weed will help
>sit there and fully realize what a shitty useless person you are for 4 hours
>give the weed to some kids

>havnt ate anything in a week
>been throwing up quite a bit
ah yes

I’ve been working with dogs for like 35 years.

They call it a skippy, because it goes “skipskipskipskip”

Does anyone else get eyelid twitches as a side effect of alcoholism? My right eyelid has been randomly twitching for maybe 30 seconds at a time several times a day for the last few days. I read that this could be related to alcohol or caffeine consumption.

finally managed to eat
just a little bit of hashbrowns but its better than nothing
fucking hate withdrawals, at least im over the worst of them

When I hit it hard I get all kinds of muscle spasms the next day. That shit's no fun.

I get all sorts of eye problems. Everything from pain and watering, to permanent partial sightedness. Thanks, alcohol.

After so much time spirits are just a one way ticket to the complete and total destruction of your life. After so much time, you have to be satisfied with beer and wine or just stop.
t. 10 years

Do you ever wake up with one eye blurry and then it takes a few drinks for it to kind of "wake up", like if you've ever worn contacts it's like a blurry contact lens but my actual eye. fucking scary stuff, I think I'd rather be dead than blind

Had my first sober day in months yesterday due to working two consecutive 14 hour days. I didn't get home until 9pm and I was totally wiped out. I was starting to feel mild withdrawal symptoms by then (stomach cramps, headache) but I was so tired I figured I'd just try to sleep without a drink. I got to sleep right away, but I was up pretty much every hour. I feel mostly okay this morning though and am going to try to get a streak going.

I got that in the beginning when I was drinking a lot of beer in college.
I don't get it anymore for whatever reason even though I still drink.

My insides are melting. I should've ate something yesterday.

Sounds like vitamin deficiency.

im eating more hashbrowns
having troubles though

Interesting. I did a little research and it sounds like it could be a B12 deficiency. Thanks, user.

I’m trying to cook duck a l’orange while throwing up every five minutes, struggling to keep Chardonnay down.
I had a cashew nut yesterday. I should be ok.

I appreciate it, but it sounds like we're in the same boat.

10 years at 60-ish units a week. Had a recent spat with light beer - I'm so sick of the carbs and bloat and buying another 30 pack every couple days.

Getting a buzz at night is my only treat in life. Yea, I'm an alcoholic, albeit a very functioning one. Just can't stomach the crippling pain and numbness in my chest and arm, then a panic attack all from bourbon.

Oh god this is me. It fucking sucks. I wish so much that I could just have fun and enjoy weed like when I was younger. Every time I try it now it's just an introspective hell ride for hours and I wish for the high to end.
I have an eighth that I bought months ago just sitting in my closet. I smoked one single bowl from it and noped the fuck out.

I have no hobbies. I just drink and shitpost. Do you think if I became a mod here, it'd bring some purpose to my life?

I go into some sort of convulsions. Not one for the weed.

Nope. You'll be surrounded by useless shitposting losers reinforcing what a waste you've become. You'll contempt for chantards will grow until you go full W.T. Snacks and start frivolously dropping the ban-hammer in a desperate need to fill the void within you.

Get a hobby. Play a video game instead.

This is a pretty harsh way of putting it, but this is 100% true.

Never really understood why anyone would want to jan/mod this place. I imagine it’s like posting here but with added irritation and pointless responsibility. I’ve never applied.
Can you imagine what it’s be like to be a janitor on /b/? Christ just end me

2Prophetic4Me

>Bloat
4U
youtu.be/StMMa8uR2-0

is this why I literally shit water yesterday at 3am after 1L of Desperado and a KFC bucket

What is the best bang for my buck alcohol? I'm looking for the cheapest way to get drunk

There's a chart floating around that has box wine at #1 followed by bottom shelf vodka. Iirc everclear is #7

>stop into one of the 5 places i go every other day to pick up a handle of vodka
>girl i almost never see is the only one working
>first handle i grab has an instant $5 off coupon if you buy two or more of their products
>have an excuse to buy two handles at once without just seeming like an alcoholic

Feels good man.

i drink golden grain, it's a little cheaper than everclear and you only need a little to get fucked up.

It's such a good fucking feeling to know I don't have to drink today. Going from being physically dependent, to just fighting the mental urge to drink, to now being able to say "nah i'll just drink on the weekend/some other time" feels good. The worrying thing is I don't even know how I did it, I don't want to be in that situation again where I'm shaking by noon because I haven't had bourbon. At first I thought it was because I started smoking more weed, but then I kinda stopped that too. Maybe my depression that I didn't realise I had went away.

Sadly they don't sell grain alcohol in Ontario, at least as far as I know. My local store's highest abv I've seen is probably like 62%, and that was absinthe so it was way too expensive

I puked all over myself earlier.

Fuck you and gtfo

assisted-dying.org/blog/2007/12/09/helium-hood-method-now-the-way-for-assisted-suicide/

Estimated delivery Saturday, 20. Jan 2018
Birthday Party Supplies Disposable Helium Cylinder Canister Fills 50 Balloons
Birthday Party Supplies Disposable Helium Cylinder Canister Fills 50 Balloons
Item price £ 21.24
Quantity 1

americanaddictioncenters.org/alcoholism-treatment/wet-brain/

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korsakoff's_syndrome

FUCK! I try to drink as cheaply as possible to save money and I would KILL to get a 'buy 2 get $5 off' deal, and that's $5 CANADIAN! That would be AMAZING! So fucking expensive to drink in Newfoundland... a lot more expensive than in Fort McMurray and that's in northern Alberta where everything is expensive! Fuck's sake...

Whiskey doesn't give you heartburn. I drink it all the time (I'm drinking Lagavulin as I type this), and I have NEVER had heartburn.

It gives me heartburn. I'm having both right now.

When I get its related to sleep deficiency
Aka not enough REM

Alck is known to inhibit REM processes
Consider sleeping outside of your drinking and digestion hours

hope you put some days together

I have never had serious withdrawal symptoms, basically I've only had barely noticeable ones. Still, I drink basically every day, 6-12 beers or equivalent. It's not that I physically need to drink, it's just that my life is honestly that pointless.

Most party helium contains oxygen to prevent death nowadays.
Sorry.

My bowels are trying to destroy themselves and I've been practically glued to a toilet seat for almost 48 hours. On the bright side I'm now 48 hours out from my last drink, hurray forced sobriety.

happy for you user. hope it lasts a long time. was the anxiety the worst part of withdrawals for you? i never get shaking but i get everything else. sweat really bad.

6-12 isnt HORRIBLE as far as causing withdrawals. you might be fine at that level. if you can stick around there good for you

Fuck you.
Fucking kill yourself.
By which I mean, fuck. This does not please me. Which is in no way your fault, but it makes me feel deeply awful.
My tolerance for heroin can gobble up a gram daily and I’ll survive. Please, I beg you, tell me what to inhale/swallow/inject and ill do it. There are no tall buildings around here and I’m banned from driving so I can’t travel. Wtf should I do? Call me a prick but I demand that this is painless.

hows the anxiety/wd's?

>trying to kill yourself
>addicted to heroin
>better not drive, that's illegal and I would get in trouble!

mdcalc.com/ciwa-ar-alcohol-withdrawal
>tfw down to a 26

>6-12 isnt HORRIBLE
Try going 40 years at that rate. My legs are dripping pus.

I don’t know how to hotwire a car.

>My tolerance for heroin can gobble up a gram daily and I’ll survive
Just do one really large amount of heroin if you have access to it. or get the stuff with fentanyl

yeah I mean if I happen to have one of those strong livers I could be OK. But most likely I've damaged my liver to some extent already and if I keep this up I'll be sort of fucked

its a good amount to not suffer from daily aches and pains but yeah over time its way too much. most of us dont have enough control over drinking to hope for much.

Never know if I’m getting fent or not. Overdosing on heroin but surviving is awful.
Fuck me.
Fine. I’ll try that I guess.

How does one go about buying heroin in the first place? Never seen it at any party, don't know anyone who does it, etc

Have fun with the afterlife. I'm guessing our existence was some kind of prank that got out of hand.

Ask a hooker.
Right. 2.5 miles. Taxi on way. Fuck this gay earth. Buh bye.

Ask /diy/, don't mention al/ck/.
You need a neutral gas (I'm not sure the actual term is "neutral"), some are used for welding. So DIY stores/supply.
I don't know if they're on the lookout for suicidal people, they may be for noobs or drunks who could have an accident.

Have you tried other solutions first?

it's the type of thing that once you meet one person who does it, you'll find yourself surrounded by it

Not bad, but they may just be more tolerable at this point than whatever I'm fighting.

It sounds pretty insane desu. Like I know it ruins lives, but it probably feels better than getting shitfaced

Listening to music that was written by someone on heroin is so pleasant. It sounds so good. It makes me want to try heroin.

Is that who I think it is?
Also, I want to check the get

opiates feel great but the withdrawals are also hell. they make you incredibly sad and physically cold. like, you feel empty in the universe on a scale you never imagined possible. its not as physically bad as alcohol withdrawals but its sooooooooo depressing

If you were suicidal like the dude above, why not just do heroin till you die then? Probably would be painless, no?

>dated a girl for a few months
>she helped me get out of my terrible depression
>helped me stop drinking so much
>made me actually care about life again
>left me because she didn't feel anything for me, and said we could try again later
>she got with a new guy
>he already spread her nudes and has been saying horrible shit about her
>she blocked me when I tried to tell her, because she thought I was just being a salty liar
Back to drinking myself comatose, I guess.

I just turned 21 and my roommate wants to get me a bottle. What do I get? I’m a whiskey fan and like Baby Blue but what are some recommendations?

lol, women are such pieces of shit. sorry user

I would recommend not drinking, ask him to pick up a cheesecake instead

yeah you could do that.

Fine - it gives me chest pain and makes my left arm numb. I'd rather like to avoid that. Gin?

Seriously, stop caring about how some wench behaves. Women are literally soulless ghouls or succubi. I'm not going to tell you to stop drinking however because that would be hypocritical, but at least don't have the ghost of a wench hovering around you as an excuse.

>tfw the more money I spend on a bottle of alcohol, the less I dislike the taste
I don't even have a job, why does it have to be this way?

I know, right? Just gotta max out that credit card

so I am literally moments away from killing myself. I mean, I have nobody to ask for help and I’m not sure I want any help.. but guys I don’t want to literally die without at least... I don’t know... saying something to someone. I guess. It feels... weird.
Yo so here it is.
Uh... fuck, I guess I can’t even talk to any of you. Not outside of this shithole.
I don’t know what to do.
I just put a bin liner over my head and filled it with butane. It felt GREAT. I hallucinated cartoons and I felt good.

I’m too wasted for this.
I can’t make this sound proper.

Ok well... I mean... let’s go I guess

Ok here

HOW DO I GO ON FIRST DATES WITH ALCOHOL

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

HOW DO I FUUUUCK WITHOUT ALCOHOL?
REEEEEEEEEEE

ideally don't kill yourself man, death is so permanent. you can always turn things around, or at least try

call an ambulance, go to the ER, tell them you're suicidal
you'll get comfy as fuck sedatives and a nice warm bed to sleep in and food and you WILL feel better, and then you can get your life back on track when you're not wasted and high on fucking butane

not even meming, do it, i've done it and i don't regret it. my life got better.

thought this happened on an al/ck/ bread for a second, got way too excited. of course the normans got it

Dont do it mate, thibgs can turn around. Also if you do ot drunk its not even really your decision.

Godspeed, brother. Hope you're still lurking

Seconded

OH man here comes the thirst.
Gonna be rotating between
8 oz - Water
8 oz - Lemonade
8 oz - Orange Juice
8 oz - Water
8 oz - Powerade sports drink

Repeat , until I can get the thirst to go away.
I feel like a bottom-less pit for liquids.

Fuck

Does alcohol make your guys' anxiety worse? I go sober for a few days and then I will binge drink out of habit. The next day or two I'm so anxious I have to wear myself out at the gym with a hangover otherwise I can't sleep despite being ultra tired and have to violently fidget at my work desk to keep from emotionally exploding.

>HOW DO I FUUUUCK WITHOUT ALCOHOL?

I worried about this when I got sober. It's not too bad. Cum quick the first time, make a joke out of it, then do foreplay until you get hard again. You'll last way longer the second round. If she's into you she considers it a compliment that you came so fast initially.

Throw some flavoured seltzer/sparkling water in there. Really helps to have a "clean" drink with some nice carbonation.

[spoiler]I-Is Martell a solid choice of cognac? I have no real in-depth knowledge or taste for alc stuff and I am basically a filthy crossboarder but I quite like it.[/spoiler]