Handling large oil spills

1) Use sandbags or towels as buffers to prevent spill from spreading further
2) Use shovel to remove as much glass as possible
3) Throw sand or kitty litter on top of remaining oil
4) Shovel into trashcan
5) Sprinkle some kinda powder (baking soda maybe) onto remaining oil on floor and scrape off as much as possible
6) Mop area

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WYK2j7s5Ono
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

industrial shop vac and foaming surfactant

7) Slip on oil
8) Fall face first into pile of glass shards

7) Make yourself scarce and let someone else deal with it

That is one unhappy mob boss

I feel sorry for whoever has to deal with that

2018 Teenage Trend: Oil Smash

Do europeans really do this?

this is a good opportunity to tackle a big job, delegate responsibility and prove yourself a valuable asset to your company

They can be very difficult to contain, and incredibly costly

Looks like what comes out of my ass daily

If you want to move up in the grocery store, you're right

Americans were doing it too around the same time. You're obsessed.

the guy in the video broke his jaw, so satisfying

Ya gonna need a lotta bread

>break olive oil bottles
>slip while running
>fall in glass
This needs to be a thing

This is why you need SOPEP

I'm an overnight maintenance (janitor) at walmart.
This is how I would handle it.
1. mark it off with caution cones and have someone stand guard while I get supplies.
2. Get a few large pieces of cardboard, a couple of large boxes, some heavy duty garbage bags, a broom and dustpan and a shit ton of Spill Magic.
3. Pour a containing circle of Spill Magic around spill to keep oil from spreading any further.
4. Lay out large piece of cardboard on edge of spill as a mat. Use this to get to glass in the middle.
5. Get large box, bags and broom dustpan. Start bagging largest pieces of glass and putting bags into the box. Use broom and dustpan for remaining small pieces of glass.
6. New box, new bags and start pouring as much absorbent as I can to soak as much of the oil up. Bag soaked absorbent into bag and put into box. Repeat until oil is about gone.
7. Squirt a little Dawn dishsoap on floor.
8. Get floor cleaning scrubber machine to clean any residue left on the floor.
9. Open area up for use again.

>ECW! ECW! ECW!

jessica chastain has really come a long way

that was good advice but why does this thread exist.

>Food/Cooking
>thread about how to clean up food that's difficult to clean up

Hmmm, good point...

lol

>milk
>in plastic jugs
Definitely not Europe.

putting glass bottles that high, retards

>gallon milk jugs
moron

Oh god you have to post it.

why don't you drop a glass bottle from 2 feet, see if it breaks?

Good.

Is Spill Magic some kind of absorbing material?
I'd be reaching for the cat litter if I had to clean up something like this. I assume SM is something similar.

american reading comprehension

>t. Mutthurt

Well on the positive side the colour blends nicely with the store colours. Also, I love NoFrills, my fave grocery store.

>Mutthurt
kek

>gallon smashing
>2L
dumb yank

And it was on that day that Jamie Oliver took his own life.

>Is Spill Magic some kind of absorbing material?
Yeah it's a fine fluffy powder that is very effective at absorbing just about anything,

Well, if you smash two of them...

but then it's not a gallon is it you fucking faggot

who knows. fucking ask exxon or bp

>valuable asset to your company
>at the grocery store
Yes! Yes! Keep proving yourself valuable to our company! You will be rewarded with a 15 cent raise!

Looks more like Kate Mara

This is all wrong. The kitty litter needs to go down first. How are you going to get to the center of that to shovel out the glass without walking into the oil?

You need to start at the edge and sprinkle on the kitty litter a bit at a time. It's going to change color as it soaks up the oil. Repeat until there's a dry layer of kitty litter on top while also making your way inwards.

Now it's just a matter of scraping it into boxes. Trash bags won't work. The glass will tear through them, and the soaked kitty litter is too heavy.

Once everything is scraped up, start mopping in passes. Done.

kek no frills

In the restaurant we use salt when oil gets spilled. Something like kitty litter would probably work better, but we don't serve kitty litter.

>Get flour
>Make a roux

>gallon
>2l

>cook it till the flour starts to brown and the glass becomes fragrant, but not too much

set it on fire, it will evaporate instantly

Nah sounds like you’re obsessed. Baby dick lmao

charcoal m8

Shop-vac, cat litter, and oil-absorbing towels.

Degreaser to get residual up

Its basically cat litter.

You don't actually know how charcoal works or what it's used for, do you? You just kinda peripherally picked up that it absorbs things and you think you're some fucking hotshot scientist for mentioning it with no provided context.
People have already mentioned cat litter, flour, and a product literally made for the purpose, so why the fuck do you think charcoal warrants mention at all?
Fuck off.

Used to work at one. It was shit.

fuck man could have just said he was wrong

Thats fucking gay how big retailers keep all the magic cleaning stuff for themselves and never sell it to customers.

instant karma

wow you got my bathyphobia with that for a second, that shit brisk like a slap across the ass

>Plastic jugs
>Definitely not Europe

youtube.com/watch?v=WYK2j7s5Ono
literally just googled it

looks fun

9) sue the supermarket
10) settle out of court

7) Get a bunch of Greek people to mop it up with crusty bread.

>sand or kitty litter

Use flour. Absorbs better, clumps into balls a lot easier and helps pull oil off the tiles.

source: baker

I feel like for a mess that large you're better off using the kitty litter or at least the stuff we had when I used to work at a gas station for fuel spills. I can see flour for once you get most of the stuff of the top, but I think the amount of flour you'd need to use for all of that might get a little out of hand. Could be wrong, but just a thought.

You worked at instant coffee?

>don't live in the USA
>get dismissed

>don't live in the usa
>don't even have to sue and have money for a lawyer, since your union will take care of you and make the grocery store pay without any fuss

Man, wedding cakes are getting mad weird

I've never spilled any significant amount of oil. Does this thread exist for walmart cleaners only?

Used to work in a bakery years ago and every few months there would be a leak from the deep fat fryer. Usually it was one of the confectionary staff members who would either overfill it or knock the machine.

1. Use sawdust to soak up the spill
2. Make sure that stuff is covering every ounce of it to prevent spread
3. Gradually place oil soaked sawdust into bags
4.Once done, place left over flour on the area and repeat step 3.
5. Next, mop the area with hot water and soap