Does anyone else find it *very* difficult to crack an egg without any of the shell going into the bowl/pan?

Does anyone else find it *very* difficult to crack an egg without any of the shell going into the bowl/pan?

>tfw always have to crack egg in a secondary bowl, to make it easier to shift out the egg fragments from the whites
i've never been able to crack without fragments successfully. even tapping a fork all around the egg to precrack it does nothing

if I'm cracking a lot of eggs, like a couple dozen or so, I crack them in a chinois or China cap (its like a colander) over the bowl because the occasional shell is inevitable at that amount.
On the other half you're probably using shirty gas station eggs aren't you you poor little faggot? The lack of nutrition is inevitable in the strength in the egg shell and they shatter.
Get better eggs

i think fresher eggs are going to stay together more. also crack them on a flat surface so the shell doesn't splinter so much

Ive only ever gotten shell into my egg once in my life.

You need to be more assertive with your crack...WACK. Its when one tries to be gentle TAP TAP TAP...thats when the little bits of shell are created.

Firm. Direct.
One shot. One kill.

Crack it slightly in the middle on pan/bowl and then break the crack open slightly with two fingers.

Seriously changed my life

flat surfaces user.

this, but I'll rotate the egg as i'm opening it so the content spill out of a more cleanly-split side.

Very rarely get shell, but maybe i'm just lucky

I'm more concerned about the yolk breaking open when everything falls out

>always have shells fall into the pan
>have never had the yolk open when cracking an egg
hmm

This has never happened to me, I've always cracked very carefully to the point where the shell cracks cleanly in a straight line.

what the hell

post a video

are you guys retarded

yes

I have to agree with , cheaper eggs have thinner shells and are more likely to result in a messy crack and shell shards in your eggs. That said, even if you buy better eggs if you have shitty technique, you'll still get bad results.
You need to give the egg a firm whack on an edge, the lip of your pan, pot, or bowl, should all work. You can rotate like , but I find that if you get a good starting crack, it isn't necessary.

I dont crack eggs on whatever cooking/mixing vessel im using. If im frying eggs i do the initial crack against the corner of my stovetop, and then finish opening the egg with my hands over the pan. Never have problems with shell bits.

No u idiot. Crack the egg on the side on a flat surface, then if your fingers aren’t boneless sausages, it should be fine

I also use this method and rarely ever get a bit of shell in what Im cooking. Im not sure if anything is 100% accurate

Stop opening the egg two feet above the pan

I crack it like 5-15 cm above the pan tho.

Pretty much this, if you're going tip tip tap with a fork or whatever then you get little eggshells.
You knock it once, hard.

no

This, haven't you ever watched Good Eats?

Me. There's always a little piece I gotta fish out