Whisky/Scotch/Bourbon/Whiskey Thread

Let's have a good thread about some top tier drams. Post your pours, your shelf, your best bottles and keep the JD and the bottom shelf shit on al/ck/.
Pic related was a good one, Islays can really make everything from sherry bombs to peat monsters.

>Whisky/Scotch/Bourbon/Whiskey
>No Rye

>No rye
>Sideways photo
Get your fucking shit together OP.

OP must be drunk already, so I guess he's getting into the spirit of the thread (no pun intended)

This stuff good as a cheap everyday sipper? Looking for something smokey.

I bought a bottle a week ago to try.

Its a little smokey, supposedly from the Ardmore it uses as the feature malt of its blend.

It's alright neat. I have been out of town so I haven't had a chance to try it in a scotch and soda or anything like that yet, but I'm sure its fine.

I'd give it a go if its cheap where you are. Famous Grouse is another cheap blend I would recommend.

I've been really into rye as of late. Problem being I plow through a bottle way too fast compared to something peaty. I cant justify 40-60$ worth of booze weekly, especially when you include all the wine, sake, and other spirits I have on hand...

The smokier Black Grouse is a bit more expensive here. For $3 more I got this today, which is great. A ton of smoke on the nose, but it's almost absent on the palate and shows up again in the finish. Very smooth and enjoyable, especially considering the price.

Rye can be considered a whisky of whiskey as well m8
Read the fucking OP poorfags, take your bottom shelf blends to al/ck/

Is Woodford Rye good? I haven't had a rye yet and I really liked their bourbon

Bourbon and Scotch are also whiskeys, but they're named, so why not Rye?

The OP is basically retarded so I'll post what I like.

Because they're certain types. Rye mixes in with a lot of whisky and whiskey from other countries and isn't a regional denomination like scotch or bourbon is.
Also take your swill grainy shit and fuck off

No. Also go fuck yourself with the wide, base end of a bottle of single malt, you pretentious loser.

If you want to make a thread about entry level stuff then go do so. I created this thread to talk about high end whiskies so if you don't have anything to say then fuck off

Bump

Enjoy your dead thread man

just bought the Glenlivet Nadurnna single cask short fill or something or rather.

Its my pick for March in a spirit tasting group Im a part of.

Had the Highland Park 18 (old brand) last month. Shit was good. I dont have my notes with me, but I wrote something a long the lines of 'its standing in the checkout lane at 8 years old with my dad at the grocerfy store, staring at the candy shelf, childrens eye level. Dad says, pick one.'

my notes are pretentious and abstract, its more fun that way.

>Glenlivet Nadurnna single cask short fill
You mean the first fill ex bourbon? I've had the travel retail version and thought it was okay. How is the higher proof version?

single cask short fill is right.

I havent tried it yet, will have to wait for my march spirit tasting meeting

What's the difference between Whiskey and Whisky and what is Whisky

whats a good rye? I bought Bulleit and I liked it but was hoping for more spice.

I've only tried Woodford Rye in an Old Fashioned at a bar. It was much more "spicy" then the OF i make at home with Bulliet.

It's just bongland spelling.

I liked pendleton 1910 and lot40 Rye. Don't pay more than 30$ for either.

Not familiar with the top shelf stuff sadly.

Just regional spelling basically.

Regional spelling. USA and Ireland use whiskey while everyone else uses whisky.
Got a pic of the bottle? Im genuinely curious now.

My latest purchase. The 10 is excellent, but this is truly a gem.

About to crack this

Excellent choice. I had their 25 a while back and it was really good

Stop drinking Islays.

>t. Bourbontoddler
Why?

I love bourbon and Islay. What now plebs?

>Drinks poison made from rotting vegetation
Oh humans...

Malt barley is basically aborted plant fetuses.

just purchased pic related, my first really peaty scotch

Now try Quarter Cask and if your good with that go for 10 Cask Strength after

What Highland single malt can you guys recommend?

got this the other day, pretty good imo
what's the general consensus?

how does it compare to Laphroaig in terms of smokiness and general flavor?

It's peppery, smokey and peaty. Not as peaty as laphroaig. It's hot.

Which whisky has the most noticeable almond flavour?

Amaretto.

I just picked up a Bunnahabhain 18. It’s a great unpeated islay malt, but I think it lacks the character of the 12 (my personal favorite). I also got an Oban 14, which is excellent.

Is Russell's Reserve any good

update, really enjoying this shit. it's a little medicinal for my tastes, but i love the smoke and salt notes that come through. i find that pouring a glass and just letting it sit for a while really helps bring those flavors to the front.

next up for me will be a sherry cask like glendronach 12 or glenfarclas 12. open to suggestions.

I'd say either of those would be a solid buy, both are very well composed for the price