Need your help, Veeky Forums. My lady friend has agreed to try my favorite dish soon (pasta al olio with tuna)...

Need your help, Veeky Forums. My lady friend has agreed to try my favorite dish soon (pasta al olio with tuna), but I want to make something else with it, like a main course. What would you fucks use as a main with that? Beef? Chicken? Toss me some ideas here

Other urls found in this thread:

great-chicago-italian-recipes.com/roasted_lemon_chicken.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The main components are oil and garlic, right? Chicken would be good.

Yeah basically. I was thinking chicken. She's not a huge fan of chicken though (who doesn't like chicken anyway?) but she'll eat it if I cook it. What do you suggest as a dish? I'm kinda new to the game

take the tuna out and serve some saltimbocca and a rocket salad

baked lemon chicken
great-chicago-italian-recipes.com/roasted_lemon_chicken.html

>take the tuna out
Nah that's the whole point, so she can try my favorite comfort food

>serve some saltimbocca
I'll probably fuck that up, although it looks great

Yeah that seems like a good choice. Thanks based user

I've made that recipe before; you won't be disappointed.

do you really want to serve tuna as a side with chicken?

What would you do? I'm open to suggestions

No you aren't, you rejected the first and best suggestion of replacing the tuna with chicken.

i already suggested taking the tuna out... but if not, i suggest maybe a couple of tapas dishes. some padron peppers and broad beans with iberico ham, maybe

Just make it like usual and pile a whole bunch of colourful shit on top

Dude that's the point of the dinner, like I told you. I'm not replacing the pasta and tuna dish

how bout some sort of seafood risotto? Kinda keeping the maritime theme

tiramisu on top of that would be great, and if you're gonna serve wine it better be white

gl OP

Yeah she actually likes making risotto, so I can get her to make that. Good suggestion

risotto and spaghetti?

Make it into a whole Italian meal. Start with something light like nuts and olives. Move onto something heavier like cured meats and cheeses. Then you serve your pasta course, followed by your main course with some kind of vegetable side dish. If you make roast vegetables with the chicken, you can eat other courses while it's cooking. Make a whole night out of it.

Do not do this.

>I am open to suggestions except for any that require me to change any aspect of my meal plan

lol It does sound weird now that I think about it

tiramisu still good tho

Instead of breaking the tuna up into the pasta why not keep it whole and sear the tuna filet and set it on top the pasta? You could cut up some asparagus in 2 inch pieces and sautee it with the oil and garlic. It’ll add more to your pasta and it will look better on a plate because of color contrast.

It's not even tuna steak, it's canned albacore. It's just my favorite comfort dish I've been eating for years, not too fancy. She -will have it as-is, that's the way she wants it

I won't change the pasta dish, as it's the whole fucking point of the meal. I was looking for suggestions for a good main course. Read the fucking OP or fuck off

Meat or poultry seems like an odd mix with tuna. And why you think canned tuna is good is beyond me. I like how you gave it a fancy pretentious name though.

I'd suggest a side salad and maybe some type of bread. Either that, or do what others have suggested, and ditch the canned tuna for actual uncanned chicken.

That's probably what we are gonna do. Olives, cheese and soppresata, etc to start, pasta after that, then the chicken based main. That's probably the best route. I'm not a top notch chef or anything so I have to make sure it's not too complicated lol

Are you saying you usually make it as a side dish? Otherwise she won't get it the way you usually eat it. It'd be better to either add a simple side like making garlic bread or serve a starter. The dessert is a must, make something fancy. And get some help with wine pairings if you want to get laid as well.

How about making the meal can based? You can start with a can of spam on toast, followed by your spaghetti with canned tuna, and finish with a canned whole chicken, served with vegetables from a can. You could even push the boat out and finish with some canned fruit for dessert.

I agree with this user. Use fresh ingredients.

Best idea so far

/thread

That's a main dish you dope. Serve with a salad and bread. Include dessert if she's fat and you're concerned she might still be hungry.

I lol'd, but in fairness to myself canned albacore tuna is just fine, nowhere near spam-tier

A steak I guess, for a kind of surf and turf.