I'm staying with friends right now and one of them asked me to teach her how to make KFC-style fried chicken...

I'm staying with friends right now and one of them asked me to teach her how to make KFC-style fried chicken. Yesterday I gave her the money and told her what to buy, and she went and bought everything so that I could cook it in front of her today. Today I just found out that since then she's been storing the chicken outside the fridge and completely uncovered, just sitting in a bowl in a room that's about 15 degrees without a lid or anything.

They've been lying out like that for about 20 hours now and they were frozen when they were bought. I'm gonna cook it for them anyway because if they get sick it's their own fault, just wondering if it'll be safe for me to eat it? Note that I'm not asking about official government regulations which are not lenient enough, I'm wondering whether an average healthy guy could eat them without a high likelihood of getting sick.

In my experience: you’ll be fine. You’re frying them good and done so you should be well enough off mate. I’ve eaten much worse and been fine so have a go at it. Plus if anything smells off after all is done, you can always puss off

20 Cuck degrees or Freedom degrees?

20 degrees Celsius.

If they arent malodorous its ok

>20 Cuck degrees or Freedom degrees?
i laughed

20 hours from frozen is probably fine. I've left chicken outside 12 hours from frozen and it tasted fine

does it smell bad? if it doesn't smell bad, it's fine
that's generally accurate for everything

i've left chicken outside raw for over a week once and it's been fine. i didn't tockij

Yeah.

That wasn't chicken friend.

You should also teach her to not be retarded.

Don't frozen meat packages have instructions on how to thaw safely printed right on them? Damn

15 degrees is closer to a freezer than a refrigerator. I'd be surprised if they were even fully thawed after 20 hours.

Celsius, what we use in developed nations

OP used proper grammar and spelling, I just assumed he must be American. Also KFC, and the fact that parts of the country are apparently having a really bad Winter.

I was just joshin' ya anyway

I wouldn’t eat it. If the chicken is at anything above 41 degrees in freedom units bacteria will begin to grow. Albeit slowly, but 20 hours....fuck thats a long time. No way of knowing how long it’s been at a dangerous temperature. I’d ask her to go buy more or inform her she is running the risk of getting ill.

Post the recipe, I have chicken drums I'll be cooking tonight

Don't listen to these guys, literally mustard gas

It should be fine. 20 hours is not long enough for the chicken to spoil.
Yes, bacteria will be growing but it shouldn't be anything that won't get eliminated during the frying. Just make absolutely sure to cook it well.

user, she never wanted to make chicken with you. This was all just a ploy. She left the chicken out on purpose so that it would spoil and you would have to punish her for being such a careless and stupid woman.

Post pics of your friend's feet plz

Your friend ruined the chicken, there isn't really much room for debate here. Pathogens have been breeding and multiplying for hours and hours now. Throw it out and buy another chicken, tell your friend to store food properly.

yeah, so you don't eat it raw
guess what high temp deep frying does to all that surface bacteria

the only thing you need to worry about it if the meat went bad, bacteria can be cooked out no matter how much it has
smell it, if it smells like rot then don't eat it

Cook it. Eat it. Contract salmonella and don't puss out and go to a medfag pirate to fund their ski condo. Become resistant to salmonella for the rest of your life. Profit.