A really good pizza

I received some inheritance and was considering opening a pizza place.
Mainly because, there is no amazing pizza in my town and I need something to do. There are good pizzas in town but none of them go all out on ingredients. It's either not top quality or there is too little of it.
What makes a good pizza a great one to you guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vzSfnduxNDg
youtube.com/watch?v=bcdJgjNDsto
foodpreserving.org/2014/08/passata.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What makes a good pizza a great one to you guys?
a good chef.
dont think you could just randomly pop a pizza place with you cooking the pizza with fucking Veeky Forums recipes.
if you are good at managing and just running the things, by all means, do it, but be sure that you are able to hire a good cook.
this and a top tier oven, ofcourse

common pizza mistakes
>too much sauce
>crust too thick
>ingredients under the cheese(usually done to hide their poor quality but only makes them worse for not getting any browning, plus that's how you end up with all the toppings and cheese just sliding off the pizza and slapping you on the chin)

obviously none pizza with left beef

Oh please, good pizza isn't some magical bullshit. It's one of the easier bread-based things to make.

>good pizza isn't some magical bullshit
then why isnt there an "amazing pizza in my town" if its so fucking easy to do?

>Oh please, good pizza isn't some magical bullshit. It's one of the easier bread-based things to make.
Im sure your restaurant will be a hit :^)

this

I'm not saying it's super hard, but it ain't plain easy.

A good oven is a must.

I'm a trained cook (school+one year experience), not a chef but everything can be learned

Probably because we culturally define pizza as a cheap delivery food and pizza places pinch pennies with cheap ingredients and totally unskilled teenage labor even harder than the average restaurant.

good leavened dough

fresh, handmade ingredients with a good blend of quality cheese

a diversity of toppings

good price point

that's really it, anything beyond that is just individual tastes

>v
this, there is one place that uses a good wood oven but the dough isn't that good and I hate that they use a very plain ketchup sauce.

Op here
how much do you value an original tomato sauce? Most places just use ketchup blend.

cont.
I don't know if I sound like a snob, but to me, original sauce became a must.

>how much do you value an original tomato sauce? Most places just use ketchup blend.

The oven will dictate the dough recipe which is 95% of the pizza

For example a pizza as in OP picture didn't take more than 5 minutes to cook, meaning the toppings have to be cooked ( or warmed up ) in those five minutes which determine the thickness and humidity contained in the said toppings

I'd say it's easier to find yourself what you search in pizza by actually travelling a bit ,eat pizza. and ask around.
youtube.com/watch?v=vzSfnduxNDg
youtube.com/watch?v=bcdJgjNDsto

Otherwise not too much different toppings on one pizza specially if you chase for quality.
A bit of grease is okay , topping that did rend too much grease aren't.
Undercooked dough is as awful as overcooked cheese.

Good tomatoes, good oil, and a slow reduction for the sauce.
You could probably stock up on tomatoes in summer from a local and fills jars for the year to come
foodpreserving.org/2014/08/passata.html

Management is as important as knowing how to make a good pizza.

>how much do you value an original tomato sauce? Most places just use ketchup blend.
its literally the most important part, holy shit.
the dough is pretty basic, you pretty much cant fuck it up, it literally has 3 ingredients, but a good sauce is what builds your pizza.
unless you are making some shitty american meme pizzas with 3 kilos of cheese and meats on top of it that kill all other tastes, anyway

thanks!
I did plan to travel before starting a business.

We traditionally make preserved tomato here, which really makes it a surprise that only few restaurants make their own sauce.

>3 ingredients
unless you aren't counting the yeast as an ingredient, you've left out salt which is one of the few ways to succeed in fucking it up.

well, i count salt/sugar as one, yeast and olive oil

flour and water are obvious so i didnt really include them

buy 'eep 'ishes, a 'itchen 'id with a 'ough 'ook, some 'asatta and 'periment my dude

>toppings under the cheese

These people need to be throw into their pizzza ovens. Makes it taste like shit and slides off in a sloppy soulpy mess. Andmeans no crunchy pepperoni. But for some odd strange reason it smells better with cheese on top

Only do this if you don't really mind losing your investment into it.

yeah?
You think it's bound to fail? Can you elaborate please?

No it's just statistically likely to fail. It's a risky idea. Even if it's successful it will take more than a decade to make back your investment. Just don't sink all your money into it.

Oh I didn't plan to. It would not be a big place and we are talking eastern Europe here, so there is a significant decrease in costs of rent and such.

vegan cheese and its all about the crust

Oh yeah I don't know a thing about European prices, lol. I know a good oven will run you close to 6 figures(CAN) by itself no matter where you are.

>vegan
>cheese

Pick one then sedoku

up to 4 figures here. Wood oven, made by people who do that for a living generations back.

>He hasn't had cheese made from the milk of sunflowers

No lactose
>milk

>He doesn't know how sunflower milk works.

OP, with your attitude to pizza you'll do fine. The plebs'll scarf down the shite you sell them just as long as you serve big portions and make up catchy names for your shitzzas.