Has Veeky Forums ever tricked you into reading something awful?

Has Veeky Forums ever tricked you into reading something awful?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/S667543
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, it cost $10 a month and Lowtax doesn't do Gaming Garbage any more.

The Bible

It's 10 a month? I thought it was a one time fee until you get banned.

Ulysses

DFW

What was your favorite book in the Bible? I honestly liked the book of Job the best.

I keep on reading recommendations, but I haven't read one that I didn't enjoy yet.

What's the one you enjoyed the least?

awful? i dunno, GR isn't all that amazing. I'm hoping Against the Day is better.

tao lin

Lowtax posted videos of the games I made when I was 10 on that channel. Weird feel, to say the least. Funny shit though.

my diary desu

Infinite fucking Jest
A true meme book I just can't believe some people here think it's a great

>What was your favorite book in the Bible?
>Not Ecclesiastes...
user...I...it's like you want to be a pleb forever...

Pynchon. Even gave it multiple chances.

Oh god now they are putting spoiler tags on anime girls!

How can I stop being a pleb user?

Crying of lot 49 though maybe I just didn't get it.

exactly this

No, but ytmnd sure did

It's a puzzle book. Check the archive for one possible explanation:

warosu.org/lit/thread/S667543

This, what were you thinking?
Ol' Davey was right about irony destroying culture.

The Shepherd's Crown.
I swore not to read another Pratchett novel after Raising Steam, it was painfully obvious his condition has deteriorated past the point where his writing was a pathetic shadow of its former self, and I didn't want to remember him like that.
Some daft cunt here said The Shepherd's Crown was actually good. No, it wasn't. It was fucking grotesque, like watching a crippled ballerina being strung up for a puppet show and pulled along through the motions of her entrée.
All of the underlying mechanisms and principles of his writing lay bare and exposed like the ribs of a rotten corpse. The magic all gone, just a disjointed mess, like listening to a horribly mangled record - you used to love the music, but this time everything sounds off, distorted, and for the most part it's either noise or the same garbled fragment of a melody playing over and over again until it sounds hollow and annoying and you just want it all to stop.

Infinite Jest

This. Glad I didn't buy the book like Inherent Vice (at least it has a nice cover)

Infinite Jest. Absolute wank.
It's clever and I did enjoy reading parts of it, but I have no desire to ever pick it up again.