How the fuck do you enjoy cooking?

It takes like half an hour to make anything beyond grilled cheese and you're just sitting there waiting for food to be ready. How do you even find joy in this? It takes so long.

You do realize the parts where you're just waiting don't require you to sit there and stare at it, right?

How's about you wah the dishes or throw a load of laundry in while your cooking your tendies in the oven fucking brainlet

In time and with practice you'll get better at time management. I can cook a decent meal of meat three veg in under fifteen minutes if I'm not having a carb (rice, potatoes, pasta, etc), and that includes chopping up the veggies. Even the carb only adds another five minutes, so twenty minutes overall.

I don't necessarily ""enjoy"" cooking. I just don't hate doing it. It's something that has to be done and as long as you're keeping yourself busy then the time will pass. Otherwise set a timer and watch the telly or funpost on the chans while you're waiting for things to cook. It takes less than ten mminutes to prepare a casserole/stew. then it sits on the stove for an hour and it's ready. So easy, and effectively only ten minutes of your time chopping veggies and meat.
Stews are good because you get to experiment with different veggies to see how their flavours blend together. Then you might ""enjoy"" that experimentation. Thinking about how certain flavours will interact with other flavours. With the added difficulty of combining foods for nutrition, while considering which nutrients are water soluble or fat soluble and which molecules work together like calcium and vitamin D or curcumin and piperine.

Anyway, good luck. Don't give up. Whatever you're eating it's better than junk, I'm sure.

Fuck off shitlord I already know where I fucked up.

IDK.
All of my recipes require me to be active the entire process. I barely do any waiting.
Either way, if you can't master yourself and stand to wait for 30 minutes for the nutritional content that actually permits you to continue living, then you have bigger problems.

Whar are you doing just standing around? If you've got free time you should either do some dishes or start some more side dishes. Unless you're making a roast or slow cooking something, then you might as well set a timer and play a pausable game.

>wah the dishes

nothing comfier than pouting a glass of whiskey and lighting a cigarette in the downtime between action

or just pulling your phone and shitposting on Veeky Forums

tobacco shill plz

op, better to fap than suck on a cancer stick

I usually practice saying ESKEETTTIIITTTTTTTT when my meal is cooking

It's creative process of turning ingredients into a meal. While you work on the meal, you gradually get more and more hungry to eat it because it's becoming more tastier.

Something like that.

i listen to history podcasts. once I get into the narrative, I don't care if cooking takes 3 hours.

I've found some dishes are way more fun to make than others. Have you made tempura yet? That's fun as fuck.

If you're making meals with multiple components, there's not usually much downtime. You're always attending to something and trying to make sure everything is done around the same time. Also, I'm an alcoholic and I strongly associate cooking with drinking since I like to wind down after work with a six pack while I cook dinner.

Smelling the food before it cooks is kind of like foreplay to me

I just love the process. Seeing raw ingredients transform into something delicious and beautiful is like magic to me. Tasting everything along the way and playing with flavors and textures. In the end all your hard work is rewarded with a tasty meal. I love it.

i use alcohol to extend the attention span

[spoiler]Alcohol [/spoiler]

>you're just sitting there waiting for food to be ready

You're doing it wrong.

Cooking is extremely nerve wracking and tedious for me.

Fuck cooking.