Give me /pol/ essential reading list with Schmitt and Thucydides

Give me /pol/ essential reading list with Schmitt and Thucydides.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yulia_Lipnitskaya
youtube.com/watch?v=JszW7BnWtCk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is that girl of age, user?

go ask /pol/. Though probably Evola, Gentile and Chesterton.

It is a picture. I can't find it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yulia_Lipnitskaya

This is not the right place for you, I don't think so, no. Try reading some tweets, user.

>born 5 June 1998
>figure skater
>anorexic

Ah, so she's one of those girls that pedos use as legal substitutes for children. Gotcha.

Have you tried Hitler, redpilled white brethren?

Praise Kek and Deus Vult

I'll use you as a legal substitue for a child faggot

Please do, daddy.

fuck you you are going to get me all hot and i cant masturbate now

That's not the correct way to hold a cat

It's a Russian cat.

I'm sure she knows how to handle a pussy, user.

Il/lit/erate /pol/tard here, what does the History of the Peloponnesian War do for my understanding of politics?

Were these the images you were looking for?

She is gorgeous.

Such lovely grey fur.

This?

Shows that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Pity /pol/master Pericles dies at the beginning, but knowledge of Alcibiades changeling politico-military career and the concluding Athenian disaster at Syracuse (the end result of a superstition!) are well worth possessing. As (you) get into it youll be surprised to find that youre reading a very good, even a very wise book. Few classics feel as modern as Thucydides.

Alrighty then. The only other ancient Greek work I've read is the Iliad. Is there any other pre-reading I need? The guide says to read Plato/Aristotle before him, but the Peloponnesian War was fought before they wrote their works.

True, the philosophers come later, when Athens is no longer a 'super-power' as it were, and right at the eve of Hellenistic times. At some point read the Republic (so that [you] know it) but there's no harm in reading Thucydides first. THE goat Roman historian is Tacitus, by the way, whose two major texts are only a bit longer than Thucydides' one. Happy reading, user.

How is it that I ought to feel about OP's pic-related?

Is it okay if I think she's hot?

I feel like it's not.

Two further bits
Thucydides was actually a decommissioned officer in the war, who bided his time by writing what he wanted to be a truthful account of all that was going on
You should also know a little about the Persian Wars that came before. In outline, at least. Though reading Herodotus is fun (his is the classic account) he's not the great author Thucydides is.

Cyropedia's on my list, actually. Is that a functional alternative to Herodotus' Histories?

Thanks!

Sorry bub but we are not a passing fad. Veeky Forums is and always has been ours. Quit being a snarky little cunt and get out.

You can masturbate wherever you want, don't let others impose their will on you

If youre going to read a Xenophon I'd read Anabasis, about a (failed) military venture he actually participated in. The C concerns the education of the perfect 'prince' in this instance Cyrus the Great who came before Darius and Xerxes who were the chief instigators of the Persia\Greece conflicts. As part of a /pol/ reading plan it's perhaps a good book to cap because of its influence on writers through the middle ages (a mirror for magistrates) up to machiavelli (prince) but i always found xenophon rather thin, and you'll get very little about Marathon, Salamis and the rest from him.

_donald
Just go back.

I hate this. /pol/ makes me feel embarrassed desu

>illiterate poltard

nice tautology

they left out such important and godtier books such as genesis, exodus, ecclesiastes, psalms because
>muh jews xDD

/pol should be eliminated

This is a random bunch of titles put together without rhyme or reason.

Yes. Imagine your regular pol/tard starting straight with the republic with 0 context whatsoever. If the guy is resilient enough to get through it, there is no way in hell he will perceive any value reading the new testament, and will at best give up at wealth of nations.

It's hilarious because it has Catholic reactionaries in the chart, who hated capitalism as much as they hated communism and then they pair them up with Adam mother fucking Smith. At least could have gone for de Tocqueville.

/pol/tard here, I've expanded my own list a little to include some other works that interest me (such as the Tao Te Ching), and I've made sure to look for annotated versions of older works.

I also have a host of audiobooks (on cassette tapes, handed down from my father) that should serve as decent pre-reading for each author/work. Here's the one I have for Aristotle:
youtube.com/watch?v=JszW7BnWtCk

So, yeah, the average /pol/tard won't get anything out of it, but the ones that take extra steps in terms of reading comprehension should hopefully get something out of the list.

Marry cutie on the left, fuck and kill the braphog on the right

audiobooks, huh

Savitri Devi

They're more like lectures. To my knowledge, they haven't been published as proper books before.

>/pol/
>tao te ching
If you think the average /pol/ack is going to be a fan of a book comprised entirely of meditative, reflective, relaxed poetry I have a bridge to sell you

this is not correct
polchildren are teenaged newfags who jumped on the chanwagon when no one else would tolerate their obnoxious useless rhetoric.
anonymity offers some refuge to these folk.

It's a personal list, not one that I've any intention to circulate.

Having already finished it, I'm pleasantly surprised to see how traditionalist and libertarian it is. I think a patient enough /pol/ack might appreciate parts of it, but I agree, most wouldn't care for it.

what is wrong with thinking a 19 year old is attractive?