STOP

tell me what olive oil you have right now

I dunno. Some random shit.

this shit

EVOO is Simple Truth (the Kroger organic private label). Non-EVOO is Filippo Berio.

Idk most of it goes up my ass anyways

Pretty good and always easy to find

what's in this bottle probably isn't even real olive oil. just dyed green sunflower oil or something.

someday i'll get some high quality oil.

heard the real good stuff is supposed to sting/burn the back of your throat.

Colavita

Kroger brand because I'm poor

isn't most "olive oil" just sunflower oil with additives anyway, at least according to some sting in europe

AFAIK there is no guideline how much % of the oil has to be actual EVOO in order for it to be labelled as such.

Italian, mainly.Never buy Italian oil, there was a huge scandal that most of theirs is actually pomace shit or mixed with other oils.iirc huge part of their olive oil industry was owned by the mafia too
italian in general is not a good idea to buy, since they dont grow much olives and even their good, quality oils arent mostly made with italian products but imported olives from spain, greece, tunisia, etc so you are just better buying spanish olive oil for example

HEB organic cause it was on sale cheaper than the non-organic.

Reminder that caring about the brand quality of basic ingredients like olive oil is the sign of a shit cook.
You think the street cooks serving up incredible pasta every day are using "organic rare vintage aged" olive oil? Nah they use cheap shit. They're just better cooks than you. That's why it tastes like shit when you use the cheap stuff.

california olive ranch
americans do everything better.

generally i agree, but olive oil is one of the few ingredients i pay good attention to and try to get the "good" one, since there is so much pure trash on the market and the difference between a quality extra virgin and a bad one is huge

>Wanting his food to taste like a roach coach instead if a Michelin star rated restaurant
>

If you can't even afford to shell out $10-15 for a good bottle of olive oil to finish pasta and make dressings once every couple months how are you not living in a cardboard box on the streets? It's not caviar.

delalo extra light

Do Americans have to each ranch with EVERYTHING?

I have cheap regular olive oil and this relatively cheap brand of extra virgin. Been awhile since I've bought anything nice, not that the OP's is anything nice.

Only the finest hand selected small batch imported straight from Europe oil will do for me

>EVERYDAY
do americans really eat oil every day?

I'm an olive oil sommelier so I will help you cu/ck/s out.
5/10

3/10

9/10

1/10

5/10

5/10

0.5/10
I do.
You're a virgin.

The only correct answer.

>De Cecco
>9/10
Lmao you are a fucking retard, bottom of the barrel

whatever aldi sells

I’m pretty sure this shit isn’t even real olive oil

I try to buy imported olive oil from Spain or Portugal, but this time I have an Argentinian oil which smells absolutely divine. Has no label on it though.

good

this'un

10/10
7/10
4/10

Lol fatarse

i fucking hate that shit, smells like fucking olives, fucking disgusting, and tastes nothing like them,
sunflower best oil ever, everybody that disagrees is wrong and should hang themselves, peace

Colavita Extra Virgin...
Ive used good and bad xvoo and this stuff seems pretty legit...especially for being common grocery store oil.

>smells like fucking olives
it literally doesnt

i dont know, but just never buy fucking greek olive oil, its abhorrent trash
every single time i get greek olive oil, it tastes and smells like fucking rubber

This and some other more expensive brand.. Will check later

I'm Canadian but yeah, who the fuck goes a day without consuming oil? What are you, some Brit who eats toast sandwiches all day?

>Extra Virgin

What do the slutty olive oils taste like?

kek based

yeah that is what I have

I don't give a shit really

As EVOO goes it's not my #1 choice flavour wise

On the other hand ethically speaking it's up there among the best

you are a disgrace to cooks everywhere

Botticelli is alright.

Prettygud bait binary kun

Who the fuck regularly eats from "street cooks"?? Who fucking cares what they are doing? I taste the oils when I buy them and will use the best one accordingly. But if I was broke it would be much different I guess

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

Got it as a gift, only about 1/4 left.

This would be my olive oil of choice.

God tier for pasta, sauces and dressings

I really like the taste of this one

Not familiar with the olive oil but I do however approve of your choice of chewing tobacco.

>You're a virgin
haha, get it? because of the virgin olive oil?

Yes, that's why you get Californian olive oil. Pretty much anything imported from Italy, or most of Europe, is guaranteed to be fake.
I remember the article on that testing and they said, incidentally, that Kirkland olive oil was legit

So i always used bertolli tier shit but after reading this thread i rushed to a delicates store and bought a bottle of this. Is it good?

I'd buy Extra Slutty oil

$$$ but hey, it's absolutely stunning

this nigga prefers the industrial olive oil sold at your friendly 24 hour bodegas

wtf why is it green?

I just buy some random greek extra virgin stuff at around 10€ per liter.
No need to go extra fancy for a staple, but I also don't want to eat shit.
I also don't really trust italian oils anymore. Way too much bad press lately, and if there is anything the greeks know about, then it's probably olives. And greek is cheaper since it apparently still does not have the brand that italian stuff has.

see

Never had this issue.

that stuff is shit

A jug of Costco brand stuff. Pretty good.

Great Value

I have the same bottle as in OP's picture :^)

>ethically speaking
Are you an anti-semite? Or just enjoy funding terrorism no matter the victim?

Are you an anti-muslim biggot???

???
I'm an American Jew. Israeli is not my country and criticizing a theocracy isn't antisemitism

This Greek shit

Tunisian olive oil is objectively the best, but shit's expensive

spray oil

This

They make good oil for cooking but for full flavour oil Cobram is kinda shitty

Can you do mine?

Pompeian is BOGO at Meijer right now.

pumpkin oil

t. american

>look i replied to everyone. what now?

haha it says virgin just like some1 who doesn't have sex

>DeCecco
>9/10
Kill yourfuckingself
I'm italian I make my own olive oil

Why do americans always talk out of their ass? We're the second biggest olive producers after spain and before greece.

>Olio venduto come «extravergine» che in realtà non lo era. Si trattava di semplice olio d’oliva, meno pregiato e soprattutto meno costoso. Lo ha scoperto la procura di Torino dopo aver fatto analizzare dei campioni di bottiglie prelevate nei supermercati dai carabinieri del Nas dal laboratorio dell’Agenzie delle dogane e dei monopoli. L’indagine è partita dopo la segnalazione di una testata giornalistica specializzata.

>Il pm Raffaele Guariniello ha iscritto sul registro degli indagati per frode in commercio i responsabili legali di sette aziende produttrici di olio: Carapelli, Bertolli, Sasso, Coricelli, Santa Sabina, Prima Donna e Antica Badia. E’ stato informato dell’indagine anche il ministero delle Politiche agricole.

>Le analisi disposte dalla procura di Torino sono state eseguite dopo la segnalazione pervenuta lo scorso giugno dal mensile dei consumatori «Il Test» (dotato anche di un portale online) che aveva fatto analizzare 20 bottiglie di olio extravergine tra le più diffuse nei supermercati italiani: 9 oli su 20 erano stati bocciati all’esame organolettico eseguito dal Laboratorio chimico dell’Agenzia delle Dogane e dei Monopoli. A Guariniello era quindi pervenuto un esposto per ogni etichetta.

eye-talian '''''culture'''''

the only good oils here.

I've been trying like crazy to source Croatian EVOO since most of their shit is very robust in nature and errs on the spicy side but I cannot find any.

and i'm an europoor.....

Other than that, spanish and portuguese evoo is great for the money.

5L box, no markings except OIL FOR user, from a friend's plantation in southern Italy. The real good quality shit

Puglia has amazing oils desu.
Ask him to send you a box of "Primitivo di Manduria" - thank me later

lel what

Extra virgin, just like me.

he's right tho

Depends; if you're making a dish where olive oil isn't a focal point of the flavor then it's fine to use whatever, but if you're finishing with it or the flavor's supposed to be prominent, then it's nice to use high-quality oil.