What countries have the best overall food?

What countries have the best overall food?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-tNWYclVn-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

America has everything.

The United States

Italy

Italy, Turkey, Mexico, China

Which part?

Greece, Italy, France.
You don't know how averages work do you? also wrong

>averages
op asked for overall.
therefore, based on the law of averages, because america has everything, the best food on earth must be somewhere in america.

would you like to continue to sound smart or do you accept you told status?

SEA.

>mexico

France i guess

india

Scotland.

korea

I think if I had to only have food from one country ever again I'd pick France.

The country. Which is what OP asked.

Because the US is so large and has food from all over; budget and region are the biggest question here.

Fucking hell, if that was readily available to me I would be at least 20 pounds heavier

tunisia

I'll think about Italy.

unironically this

Overrated af.

boy i sure love shitloads of spices in every meal killing the taste of the actual food because its usually dogshit quality

Peru.

Italy and Japan

If you like more complex food
France and China I personally like Indian food but it really is just a fucking mess.

Latino America, and southern Europe.

fuck off guglielmo

Mexico
India
Italy
France
USA

correct

small minded retard

Mediterranean area in Europe: Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, etc.

Anywhere thats not Asia, commie shithole or anglo-amerimutts

And your favorite Latin American and Northern American foods like Mexican, USA are usually derived from Spanish and Italian cousine.

Definitely not Japan. Fucking uncooked meat and seafood are so disgusting.

get fucked eurotrash
god bless america

What's so complex about france cuisine?

This
also this
Any major city. I'd say LA first, Chicago second, NYC third.

But at least you've got no worries about constipation for months after eating that shit.

How about name a country's cuisine that America doesn't have.
Not American, but they have everything and its easy to find it authentically made.

they made some sauces a while ago, and some people are still sucking their dick about it.

Britain

>Britain
You can't be serious.
>they made some sauces a while ago, and some people are still sucking their dick about it.
It's very unfortunate that many people are used to coil-burners and trash pans that make cooking more difficult. Add to the fact that the baby-boomers never taught their children how to cook and they never taught their children so basic shit is now a luxury...

Poland

you mean because British food isnt stacked chips like jenga or were not putting gay as fuck seasonings on shit just for the sake of being a pretentious cunt
food needs to be hearty and substantial to get you through the day, as well as tasty and british food does all of that

>you mean we spread shit sloppily all over the plate like it's a Russian prison, are afraid of foreign ingredients, sprinkle herbs on top that compliment the flavor of dishes, or vary the nutritional value of the meal other than basic carb/fat/protein and salt?
Yes, that's what I mean. Your food looks like things you might get when being punished in a gulag.

Seriously...how can this be a debate? The only answer is The United States. Sure the US has crap food too and sure...many other countries(not great Britain) have great food. But there is no argument...authentic food from nearly any culture can be found somewhere in the United States and that can't be said about any other country. Love 'em or hate 'em the United States, particularly New York and California is the most culturally diverse country in the world.

USA. We take other mid tier shit and make it 10x better.

>that can't be said about any other country
You've never travelled abroad to any of the bigger European capitals have you? I can bet you there's more diversity in food in London, Amsterdam,Berlin, or Paris than there is on either coast
The quality is definitely higher because it's culturally more important here

I haven't been to the first three but I've been to Paris and other than actual French food, things are way more diverse in NYC

I'd say Brazil, because we copied everything. The difference is that we have Portuguese cuisine too, which is hard to find in other countries that "have everything". Amerimutts think that frogs know something about bread only because they don't have any contact with Portugal.

David Mitchell sums up Britain and food nicely here
youtu.be/-tNWYclVn-Q

France, duh. Basically invented the concept of haute cuisine/refined cooking.
They own the culinary world

New England
Lobster rolls are god-tier

China
Japan
Mexico
France
Italy
The United States
Spain

The world is full of incredible food, ranking by regional cuisine isn't as productive as taking into account the region's food culture. Any nation with the luxury to take food seriously will contain some seriously amazing food.

you all eat the food at Ikea, even when other alternatives are open to you, in your hearts of hearts you know sweden has the best food

mayo and celery, or just lob meat and butter

mine

just lobster and butter for me

You are wrong and missed the point.
Yes you will find variety and diversity in every country especially larger and densely populated areas. Show me an authentic cajun restaurant in hong kong. How about authentic Pakistani cuisine in Norway? No? Exactly. But the US is vast and you will find everything within our boarders if you know where to look. The range of diversity in Europe is undeniably massive.

Refer to OP. Europe is not a country.

Japan
/thread

turkey

This. Eating meat from South America is great

spanish ham is worth killing people over desu

Bullshit, paris is filled with chinese, thai, vietnamese, japan sushi shops, italian/pizzeria, indian, african, caribbean, tapas/spanish, arabs, libanese etc in addition to french restaurants/brasseries and cafés serving food.

Also places like vegan hotdogs and cakes, insects, ice cream, burger/fast food, waffles, crepes and cider, street food, kebab or boulangeries selling sandwiches and pastries are everywhere.

basically every western capital have restaurants from all over the world available, the only difference depend on local immigration and national food culture. There is nothing in NYC food wise that any other western capital also have.

And what do you think New York is filled with? Olive Garden and Cheesecake Factory?

>usa
nope, any anglo country is automatically eliminated sorry.
>spain in the france italy tier
Nope, spanish food is nice and all but not nearly as refined than french or italian food
>japan
debatable, lets say it's an acquired taste
>Mexico
no
>china
good cuisine but usually use some very low quality products compared to european gastronomy so they can't be in the same tier.
That leave France and Italy and of the two, french gastronomy is more all encompassing and diverse, also a bit more refined than italian food.
Italy have some amazing base products though.

Good that french and italian share a border and can use each other products in their respective recipes, it's basically where it's at, usa can't even compare.

basically meatball with sauce
nice recipe though and the salty sweet mix using that cranberry jam with meatballs is dope

French here, enjoying some tomme and bread that i dip in marple sirup and chesnut spread
(usually use some fig jam with cheese but im out)

Tomme is a alps mountain cheese, goes very well with smoked ham potatoes and salads.

America is an easy number one.
Italy is number 2 for me but I'm Italian so I'm kind of biased.
Then probably Japan and Germany. French is decent but it's so pompous and stuffy.

overall means on average, basically

Bulgaria, guys or Balkan like at all. It’s healthy, no deep fry and products are way better than almost anywhere in the western world... except iif you are fucking rich.

>all that cured meat
Looks like colon cancer famalam

>Japan

The only good food in japan is the attempt of Japanese making American styled food. There isn't much to say about japanese food aside from it being oily as shit to attempt and give it flavor.

>but japanese curry
It's dogshit and you know it, only weebs will try and justify that shit.

Are you serious ? US don't have real cheese. And they need to add chemical liquid smoke in their food. In Europe, the smoke taste is natural.

>US don't have real cheese. And they need to add chemical liquid smoke in their food. In Europe, the smoke taste is natural.

>I went to a fast food place and it was icky: the post

Never understand why tourists always go eat some cheap shit then complain and assume ALL food is that way.

Because people from Europe have fairly small countries so the food quality is relatively the same for the entire country. Come to America and a state can fit in their country sometimes 2 times over.

>fake smoke and no cheese.
You have no idea what youre talking about.

>words words words
Again...you are comparing food based on culture or ethnicity not country. Your enthusiasm is appreciated but you have missed the point entirely.

Do try and keep up.

Probably Americans, they have everything you'd ever want really.

fake news

Not the guy you're fanny flustered at, nor am I a dirty foreign commie, but it shouldn't be necessary to specify "the specialty gourmet luxury cheese" just to get something that isn't garbage. A good percent of Americans genuinely believe that Tilamook and Cabot and stuff like that is "the good stuff"

Not him but I lived in America for 4 years and I can categorically confirm it's two steps down from Britain food wise.

Australia probably has the best produce in the world.
Tasmania to be more specific.

>I'm Italian
>American food is the greatest in the world
Are you fuck Italian.

>Are you fuck Italian.
Yes, I am fuck Italian. Fuck Italian every night.

Shut up you unfunny cunt.

James May put it best, "Like sick [vomit] with cheese"

This.

>same thing...you were poor and/or ignorant and either couldnt afford or couldnt find the good stuff. There is plenty of garbage food here...plenty. There is also some of the best food in the world so next time you are in the states remember...if the "restaurant" also sells gas(petrol) or kids meals it isnt a real restaurant.

At first I was going to come back but I then realised it was green text.
Nice one, I hated thier food so much and they wonder why they're all overweight.

Green text was inadvertent.
I was saying in your 4 years here you failed to experience good food because you could not find it or could not afford it.

> (You)
>Green text was inadvertent.
>I was saying in your 4 years here you failed to experience good food because you could not find it
Yeah, that's my point retard.

>im too retarded to use tripadvisor or yelp or ask a fucking taxi driver.

the southeast USA has all the food you could want in NA and SA. and it has the only actual American food too. New England has pizza and burgers and shit but that's all. South has BBQ, turkey, alligator, deer, fish, crabs, tiny crab shrimp things, etc. I think literally every city in the south has it's own food. Even where I'm from, some shitty little town of 30k has a world famous barbecue place. and there's an ass ton of mexicans and indians and japs so you can get that food too here. and there's niggers so there's pancakes and tea and corn and collard greens and shit like that.

Are you. Your retarded at having good taste too if you think American food is anything better than 5/10

You are retarded if you think "american" food means one thing.

Whether you like it or not some of the finest and most authentic French Chinese Italian Vietnamese Greek Japanese Jamaican Mexican Peruvian Chilian Brazilian Canadian German Indonesian Filipino Irish and British foo... wait not British... food can be found within the the United States.

Again...refer to the OP.
Which country has the best food not which culture or ethnicity.

Fatshit fried greese and cheese
Kys

>Whether you like it or not some of the finest and most authentic French Chinese Italian Vietnamese Greek Japanese Jamaican Mexican Peruvian Chilian Brazilian Canadian German Indonesian Filipino Irish and British foo... wait not British... food can be found within the the United States.

Yeah and always done bad. As a yuropoor I was forced to eat European food in the states instead of that foul "American cuisine". In all 4 years never had a good meal out.

Can you list where you were and some restaurant names for me, please? I legitimately refuse to believe that in 4 years, you didn't have a single good meal. If you ate 3 meals a day, each at a different restaurant, if would take you over 20 years to eat at every restaurant in New York City, for instance. In a climate as numerous and varied as that, if you're honestly insisting that you didn't have one single good meal, then you just seem like a braindead retard looking for something to hate because a life on the internet has taught you that hating things makes you seem smart.

Let's be honest:

America - home of the organic and artisanal movements, with cheapest access to the best tasting and healthiest foods (fuck everyone who's ignorant enough to not know about every non-fast-food restaurant), as well as the best unhealthy, non-organic food, thanks to being the origin of fast-food.

China - The Asian America, they too are a melting pot of the best of all neighboring foods--but are lacking in their implementation of Occidental techniques and ingredients.

Everyone else - they try, and there's tons of standout region-specific foods, but it's not enough to say one or two things are great.