How the F*CK do i make good american pancakes?!?

How the F*CK do i make good american pancakes?!?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ajBVQ4moTvg
youtube.com/watch?v=f4YElnjoN54
youtube.com/watch?v=CkGAX6lSfv4
youtube.com/watch?v=LolNXpC5lLI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks with sugar before folding them in with the rest of the batter.

Follow the recipe, stupid.

baking soda and salt

but whats a good recipe
pancakes here means pic related, i wanna make them fluffy and shit

also, whats a good make to make them "savory", i was never a big fan of sweet pancakes, i usaully eat pic related with some melted cheese, some savory relish and deli meats.

Use 1970's Joy Of Cooking edition recipe. That cookbook was very good for shit like that.

Do a search on your favourite search engine for 'drop scone recipe', they're Scottish in origin.

Ask Chef John.

mostly because of the buttermilk OP, if you're not an amerifat it's unlikely for you to find some, if you try to use a homemade buttermilk it won't be much fluffy.

>How the F*CK do i make good american pancakes?!?
buy it premixed

that's the lazy american way

MAGA!

This right here. You need buttermilk

Dude fucking Google exists. Fucking HUNDREDS of recipes for pancakes exist merely a quick search away. A thread died for this.

Bless you for posting this.

if you want thick pancakes, try adding baking powder or baking soda, that should get them thick for you. I dont really like thick pancakes though so I leave out the soda/powder. the key to a good pancake imo is the burned ring of butter around the edges.

>savory pancakes
that doesnt really exist, pancakes are almost always served with butter and maple syrup. if we wanted a savory pancake, we would have made a crepe, which is what Americans call thin pancakes

>dude, why do you ask for a recipe on a cooking board
>just google it, bro
fucking mongrel.not even op, but im sick of retards like you responding with "durr google it xDD".whats the fucking point of Veeky Forums and forums in general then, you can literally just google everything

and stop posting your criny reaction image and "le thread died for this xDDD" every few hours, you annoying ape

cook like Russians

youtube.com/watch?v=ajBVQ4moTvg

>not like the Albanians
pleb tier

youtube.com/watch?v=f4YElnjoN54

maybe think of topics for discussion that can't be answered with a single google search then
"how do i make x" is retarded to ask because you'll only get meme responses here anyway

Fine then fuckface. I'll just copy and paste a recipe that takes 3 seconds to google and add a few tips. This makes about enough for 4 people.

Ingredients
>2 cups all-purpose flour
>3 tablespoons sugar
>1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
>1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
>1 ¼ teaspoons salt
>2 ½ cups buttermilk
>2 large eggs
>½ teaspoon lemon juice
>3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
>Vegetable, canola or coconut oil for the pan

Heat oven to 325 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Make a well in the center of the mixture, then pour the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter into it. Whisk together until a thick lumpy batter is formed. Do not over-mix it, this will make the pancakes tougher. Put a large skillet or griddle on medium-high heat. Cast iron is best but stainless steel or teflon is fine. Grease the cooking surface only after it is hot. Add 1/3 of a cup or so of batter to the pan, pouring it slowly so a pancake is formed. Depending on how large of a pan you're working with and how large you make the cakes, you can have two or 3 in the pan at a time, but don't crowd your pan. When all the bubbles in the batter on top have popped, the pancake is ready to flip. Only flip pancakes once or twice at most. Put finished pancakes on a plate that is kept in the oven until all the batter has been used. Serve hot with butter, maple syrup, and fresh fruits.

that's delicious cake, not pancakes

youtube.com/watch?v=CkGAX6lSfv4

What a shitty recipe, they'll burn at 162C in the oven.

>Follow the recipe

buy a pancake mix and use eggs milk and butter instead of only water

1. Make waffles
2. Forget about pancakes

potatoes and dill and sour cream.

>using an oven to make pancakes
no

It's not an american pancake if you put cheese on it, idiot.

Genuine and heterosexual

Buttermilk is hard to find in other countries? Why?

by making them with Russian Kefir. Not even joking.

Cows cannot live outside America

my tried and true recipe is as follows:
1c flour
1tbsp sugar
1tsp Baking soda
pinch of salt
1c milk
1tbsp of oil/fat
1 egg
mix wet and dry separately then together, let mixture rest for 5 mins before adding to pan
wa la

That explains why my wife died when she got deported.

but americans put cheese on everything
americans love cheese

other countries don't sell the industrial waste left after making butter to human beings

They don't put cheese on their pancakes.

youtube.com/watch?v=LolNXpC5lLI

Almost all our buttermilk these days is cultured.

russians were a mistake

based dadjoke poster

then it's soured milk or maybe kefir?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir

Lacto is definitely involved like kefir, but not yeast. I'm not sure I would call it the same as just soured milk as I believe there is more too it, but that is part of it.

milk and lemon juice is similar flavor wise

i almost never buy real buttermilk because i only use it like twice a month and it goes bad

I disagree that it tastes similar at all. It adds acid to it, but lemon juice doesn't taste like lactic acid. I always have some on hand, I use it in baking a lot. Biscuits, scones, muffins, cornbread. I think the longest I've had a quart carton in the fridge was using it over like 2 months and it was fine.

I hate cheese

fucking lost

American here, I think I'm going to try some goat cheese next time I make pancakes. Sounds pretty good to me.

>people are honest to god recommending recipes that lack buttermilk > baking soda that makes pancakes pancakes at all
sine qua non

Might as well chop your balls off and move to France while you're at it.

Look up a recipe for potato pancakes then. Eat them with sour cream.

I don't care where I have eaten, I have never eaten a better pancake than an aunt jemima original mix, the kind that requires egg and milk. Best fucking pancakes ever, I wish I knew how to make homemade pancakes as good as this batter.

1 1/4 AP flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons oil

Go out and buy a cast iron griddle. Once it's seasoned, set it on about 4 out of 10 straddling two gas burners and let it warm up.

Whisk the dry stuff together, whisk the buttermilk, egg and oil together. Introduce one to another and gently mix them, do not beat, do not over mix. It'll look clumpy and you'll be worried. Stay the course.

Wipe the griddle down with oil, deliver about 1/3 a cup per pancake, set a timer for about 1:45.

Get some real maple syrup and use butter.

This is from The Ex and her ancient copy of the Betty Crocker cookbook, the red and white plaid cover one. Bulletproof recipe. Buttermilk is cheap and worth keeping on hand if only to make this recipe.

Requires egg and milk? So it's basically just self rising flour and a bit of sugar in there?

I like my pancakes thick and hot and gooey in the middle.

Best Pancakes
-------------
1 1/2 cups flour (compressed like you would with brown sugar)
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbl sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tbls butter(melted)

Mix all dry ingredients
Melt butter in microwave
Add egg to butter and mix
Add milk to egg/butter mixture
Stir into the dry ingredients
Cook that shit