OC - chicken and rice casseole

First ingredients. I couldn't put them all in the pic.

Browning the chicken after salting and peppering.

Throw in some button mushrooms and shitakes.

Add garlic and thyme.

Then make a roux with butter and flour.

Add cream and chicken broth. This is gonna be dank, lads!

Add the chicken and coat with a shitload of paprika.

Then place in oven for 1 hour at 400F.

Can I eat with you OP?

I don't mind sharing, so maybe. Let's see how it comes out but it smells heavenly right now.

real cooking goes in the "fml" thread fyi or else the tread will just die off

kys trip

Looks like some chicken drumsticks, some celery, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and... thyme?

I'm waiting on pins and needles OP.

>we're not allowed to have oc anywhere else but in a general thread or else the fast food manchildren get angry
ck suffered the worst decline out of all the other boards

fucking knew it! My mother grows that in a flowerpot in her backyard, and snips off a bit when she needs it for cooking!

What's your starch and veg OP? Rice? Pasta? That seems like something you could eat over rice or pasta.

Way too early for that. Mushrooms need to be cooked a lot longer.

definitely gonna be potatoes
I can tell by the pixels
interdasted OP
Casseroles get a lot of hate for good reason, but they can be good.

ooh, look, the content cop is here! Better do what he says!

Nonsense. Mushrooms can be eaten raw, they're cooked lightly at the most. You want some bite to your mushrooms, so they still have texture.

tfw i'm the ramzpaul of ck

You'd still have bite if you cooked them longer, except you'd also have this other thing we like to call flavor.

they're going into the oven @ 4oo for an hour
they'll meld into the sauce pretty nice, I think

Right, because over-cooking things and reducing them to mush is the stronghold of flavortown.

Sitting on my hands OP. Looks like you have a solid meal together.

>he thinks mushrooms cut that thick reduce to mush if cooked too long
Jesus christ delete this before someone else sees how retarded you are.

Ever heard of going along with things so we can all be entertained instead of trying to ruin shit? Here's an idea, give OP a fucking break and let him cook. At least wait until you see the final product before you nitpick.

I'm more concerned with it thickening up, but I figure cream reduction/puree, maybe flour in addition to the rice
pure speculation though, I'm no casserole expert

OK, so here it is in all it's glory. Rice is tender, chicken is done, a fair amount of alc has been consumed. My plating will look like shit but I'll scoop it out in a second.

As far as the questions it was onion, celery, garlic and fresh cayenne pepper for the aromatics. Brown rice was the primary component. I like fml's OC general but I don't see why we can't riff on our own either.

I think I'll make something similar tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

I hate you

I had to add salt now because I was a dumbass and didn't taste when I was assembling. I have to say it tastes really good but looks like shit. It's really rib sticking food of a cold winter's night. I like it.

Why? I literally have no enemies and just a handfull of friends.