The "I stopped drinking; so should you"

GENERAL

I did once and my roommates pressured me into starting again. Sometimes want to quit again but I admit I really like the chemically forced relaxation.

There is a middle ground called moderation.

>There is a middle ground called moderation.
no there isn't - that's a myth.
>chemically forced relaxation.
also a myth, alcohol STIMULATES your brain and doesn't let you rest or sleep properly, that's why you're more tired and take longer to recover from things when drinking

I NOW SEE WHY THIS NEW GENERAL THREAD IS CLEARLY NEEDED HERE.

I never started

moderation is worse than never drinking at all. so I quit completely. drinking like normal people do is a frustrating cocktease. if I drink I need to get very drunk to enjoy it

I'm not talking about using it to help me sleep I'm talking about just chilling the fuck out and getting out of my head for a while. We all know it fucks with REM and shit nobody is using alcohol as an honest sleep aid
Exactly where I'm at right now.

I used to be an alcoholic, but I switched to an oath that I'd only drink beer, so I just don't really drink, I can't drink beer fast enough to really get drunk so I only do it socially.

I'm very much happier than I was when I drink like a liter of vodka a day.

>no there isn't - that's a myth.

Yeah, narr, you guys are just all alchies

im debating going to grab a bottle. I need to fucking stop. i feel like im going to. so tempting

>"look it's that weird guy who doesn't drink alcohol"
>"lol what a loser"

I still don't get the appeal of drinking beer other than in a social setting to not stand out.

how do you guys explain to people that you're not drinking [that night]

i perpetually "have to drive later"

if people say 'aha next time youre drinking with us!' i play along and then be ((busy)) for a week or two until theyve forgotten about the promise

sometimes i want to just say that im an alcoholic for the pure edge, but the smart part of me knows it'll just make me look bad

Does anybody in their mid 20's or older just find it hard to drink alone as they age? A few years ago I could slam a case and get lit playing Diablo all night but now a few beers without much stimuli tucker's me the fuck out and I have friends older than me who feel the same. Getting older fucking sucks.

I have been drunk 1-2 times per week for the last two years. I KNOW that it is objectively correct to never drink, but I'm just not there yet.

Drunk right now.

I'm 30. If I start early in the day I can go through about 20oz of 40% at a steady pace.

If I start in the evening I will crash and fall asleep by like 10pm.

i think thats why cocaine was invented

somehow it got pegged as a euphoric drug, but its really just to keep you awake so you can drink more

I quit 3 months ago. Best decision ever. More energy, less lost income, less anxiety, less depression.
Downside: now I have to actively work on all the symptoms and problems I have from PTSD instead of burying it with alcohol. Some days it's not great.

Almost exact same boat but I quit 9 months ago, it gets easier. Talking to a therapist has actually helped my ptsd a whole lot, so I recommend finding a good one

what's the appeal to getting hammered, especially often? I drink a moderate amount, a couple beers 2-3 times a week, but if I drink too much I risk nausea, hangovers, etc. it's fun getting stupid with your friends once in a while but other than that, why?

if people would just admit it's about running from their problems or they have a pure chemical dependency I could accept that. but from my perspective getting shitfaced and not being able to properly function is not fun.

Because people suck in general and I can't stand putting up with the idiots in the general public?
$13 for a handle of vodka is a cheap fix.

>dont drink
>10/10 face and fit
>women wanna have my babies without me saying a word to them

lol look at this faggot that needs drugs to be happy projecting his insecurities

I will stop drinking when I no longer have reasons to

someday you just stop drinking, either by choice or you be forced (you die).

I just like getting fucked up ohana

I used to drink everyday until I really get drunk. Realized that I'm wasting money and it's bad for my health too. Now I only drink on weekends when my friends ask me out.

I wonder how much you have to drink to be considered an alcoholic. I already know I drink too much because I'll have like 4 drinks a night on average, but that's sipped over the course of ~5+ hours, so I don't even get drunk, just a little buzzed. But what exactly makes one an alcoholic? How much do you have to drink to get fucking cirrhosis of the liver, wet brain, etc.?

Dependency and not the amount is what it should be about IMO. Only thing that makes sense.

I only drink when I'm out of weed

> nobody is using alcohol as an honest sleep aid
Thats where you’re wrong kiddo

Post face

>Been sober since New Years
>Last night bought 2 bottles of wine in a trance like state at the supermarket
>Wake up with a shit headache, feel like a zombie
>Wet patch on the floor in my bedroom
>Sniff it
>Water
>No containers for water anywhere, it's a mystery
>Fuck drinking

Can't believe how much 2 bottles of wine have fucked me up, after not drinking for 3 weeks you lose most your resistance to alcohol.

moderation removes the carefree fun of drinking so its best to just not drink

11 months sober

I stopped drinking about a month ago. I've lost weight and I'm not getting sick anymore, probably not dying as fast, but I'd be lying if I said I felt better.

Never started drinking in the first place, feels good bro.
Well, drinking alcohol. Still gotta stop drinking diet soda.

I do not enjoy drinking as a calming buzz. I enjoy drinking as a head-trip.

>Drinking light enough to ensure I dont overdo something makes it unfun

If you're on this page or think this is you when you quit you're probably pisspoor with your impulse control and likely prone to alchoholism because of it and should quit all chemically pleasing substances you struggle with.

Trying to moderate any thing addictive will eventually sprial out when you care more about the drug then moderation. Moderation might keep you good for a while but the habit only gets stronger every time.

T. Rosin junkie.

>tucker's me the fuck out
grandpa, why are you even?

I've been drinking a maximum 1-2 times a week for a decade now. No problems.

Realize some people just have either better willpower or genetics than yourself. There's no shame in it.

Make me fuccboi

You peed on the floor