Here’s what the story of Achilles teaches me, is that, if you’re a parent...

Here’s what the story of Achilles teaches me, is that, if you’re a parent, it’s never enough what you do for these motherfuckers. It’s just never enough. It’s still gonna be your fault. How much more do you want from a mother? She dipped her kid in magic water and protected 99% of his body. Is any of it up to him? He could have just wore a big shoe and be careful. But he goes out in sandals, fucking flip flops. And a sword, and fights the whole planet. “I’m Achilles ’cause my mother dipped me.” Finally, somebody got him in the heel, and he’s like, “Mom!” “Thanks a lot, Mom.” “What’s wrong, Achilles?” “My mom didn’t dip my heel. She’s so stupid. She ruined it.” Fuck you, Achilles, you Greek dick.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.de/search?q=kratos&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj7wsXm5J_WAhVHYlAKHTFnA1AQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=913#imgrc=3kM62vvb47v9-M:
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shit thread die teen

think about what the story would be like if he wore a protective shoe.. Not that interesting.

Being almost invincible leaves a mark on his personality. He thinks nobody can defeat him, hence the sandals. Pros in their own fields of expertise also often avoid wearing protective suits or neglect safety standards.

It wouldn't have mattered if he wore a big boot. Death was his destiny and the arrow was guided by the Gods

Thetis of the silver-foot btfo

OP is just copying a louis ck routine.

>goddess or whatever is dunking him in holy water to make him invincible
>didn't think about doing it a second time to get sure to cover every body part
roman """gods"""

greek gods.

The story was just a way to explain why it hurts so fucking much when someone hits that tendon.

didn't the wife of zeus transformed a harmless woman into a horrifying monster lamia, because she was "too pretty" and might steal zeus away? what was she supposed to do, say no to the highest god? greek gods are seriously evil through and through. or sysiphus who got punished by eternal hell for bringing fire into the human world and helping them evolve? or gods that attacked odysseus for defending himself against this ugly cyclops that tried to eat him? greek gods are messed the fuck up.

theres so much more to Achilles' story you fucking brainlet

>doesn't understand how tragedy works (read Aristotle's Poetics)
>doesn't understand that Achilles willfully and knowingly marched into his death (Read Plato's Symposium)
>tries like a retard to force the anachronisms of modernity on ancient tragedy (Read Kierkegaard's The Tragic in Ancient Drama Reflected in the Tragic in Modern Drama)

all gods are messed the fuck up. It's in their "nature". They're beyond our human logic.

>greek gods are messed the fuck up.
shit post but thats kind of the point
read prometheus bound

>>>goodreads
Fuck off and die

>mfw
google.de/search?q=kratos&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj7wsXm5J_WAhVHYlAKHTFnA1AQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=913#imgrc=3kM62vvb47v9-M:

his parents hated him, I don't think you ever read what all of the things he did meant. Are you aware of what a tragic greek hero is? Because if they're on their parents would do everything they could to kill them. In the Odessey he didn't gain those powers till the very end, and when he was amde to fight Ares he lost when Ares sliced him with a single samurai slash from his katana.

Shit series.

fuck off

Who dies from an arrow to the heel anyways?

Anyone without access to antiseptics.

It's a louis CK bit.

This
It's actually about the importance of that tendon. Because back in the day if you snapped that you were fucking dead.

The lesson is don't fuck with Hera.

The Greek "gods" can't do shit when fate has spoken. Ananke is the true Greek God.

Where is this myth located in ancient literature? Certainly not the Iliad

It's in the Metamorphoses

Prometheus got punished for bringing fire, and not in hell but just on some rock somewhere, Sisyphus was just a clever cunt.
and gods arent evil, they just dont care that much about one or two human lives unless they really like the hero

bait

>roman fan-fiction

Wow she did so much, she dipped him in a fucking magic water, so much fucking effort.