Wat

Just finished this.

What are the best essays or guides for trying to make sense of what I just read?

Other urls found in this thread:

thomaspynchon.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks, but I'm looking more for online resources... not necessarily a whole book.

You're so horrible. Can't understand it on your own yet not willing to invest more time to understand it either?

I guess I'm horrible then

Is like a sphere you fucking plen

The books are divided in smaller articles

thomaspynchon.com/

also:

Nor willing to invest time to find the resources he does want.

Is it really so horrible that after spending 5 weeks reading (at times struggling) through GR, that I don't really feel like reading a 400 page, line-by-line annotation to the text?

I've spent most of the morning googling to find what I'm looking for without much luck. After I read V. I found an abundance of relatively succinct essays about the book as a whole and what the meaning of the book might be.

I can't seem to find anything similar about GR.

Think, man, and write your own damn essay.

GR is all about preterition, psychology, missiles, death, war, and capitalism. What stuck out to you?

>5 weeks
>22 pages a day
Hahahahahaha

None of that is relevant though.

I'm interested in reading about other people's interpretations of the book.

upload that zip pls

>WWII is the release of Europe's repressed psychosexual urges manifested in acts of exaggerated torture and brutalism
>The Zone is an area where all laws of repression and order are transgressed, a focal point for all the release of all sexual urges that are being smothered by the militarized Europe around it
>Slothrop is an exceptionally sexual creature, reacting to his family history of self-repression and industrialization by embracing hedonism and anarcho-primitivism
>the Schwarzkommando are the ghost of European colonialism, simulatneously bent on destroying themselves and furthering the goals of mass-production and colonization
>Tchitcherine's desire to kill Enzian is rooted in his need to erase evidence for European crimes in Sudwestafrika, so that he will be the only genetic legacy of his father
>Imipolex G is the focal point for the entire book: it represents the height of synthetic technology to replace real fabric and satisfies the sexual needs of a modern world divorced from traditional pleasure. Its only purpose in the construction of the 00000/00001 is to transform its firing into a sexual act
>the Raketenstadt is a hallucination of Slothrop's after he goes insane from too much sidetracking and distractions
>the rocket which is launched at the end of the book might be the 00001 with Enzian inside in a symbolic act of suicide, or it might be Gottfried in the 00000, a culminating act of his relationship with Blicero
>the final rocket is likely based on the V2 rocket which struck the Rex Cinema in Antwerp during the showing of the movie The Plainsman

Thanks, these are some interesting thoughts

>Imipolex G is the focal point for the entire book: it represents the height of synthetic technology to replace real fabric and satisfies the sexual needs of a modern world divorced from traditional pleasure. Its only purpose in the construction of the 00000/00001 is to transform its firing into a sexual act
Can you expand on this at all? I think this is the plot thread that confuses me the most.

What is the point of transforming the rocket firing into a sexual act?

What is the actual function of the Imipolex G within the rocket? I realize that someone is placed inside the rocket, but what does the Imipolex actually do?

How does Slothrop's connection to Imipolex G figure in? I realize that he was used in experiments with Imipolex which is why he was under constant surveillance, but does it go any deeper than just being coincidence that it's the same material?

everything is on libugenu

If you need essays or guides to make sense out of a book, don't even bother. Fucking brainlet.

Seen here: a brainlet dodging tough questions

>What is the point of transforming the rocket firing into a sexual act?
>What is the actual function of the Imipolex G within the rocket? I realize that someone is placed inside the rocket, but what does the Imipolex actually do?
You really missed the point here, kiddo

Well why don't you set me straight then?