NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE

NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE
ALL THAT
POWER

Other urls found in this thread:

business.time.com/2014/01/14/fast-food-chains-are-desperate-to-kill-the-dollar-menu/
pressreader.com/usa/the-dallas-morning-news/20080805/281994668271858
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just went to Mickey D's the other day, got
>4 singles
>3 mcchickens
>a large coke
>two tendies with sauce
>all for just 10 bucks
I'M LIVIN IN THE 21ST CENTURY
DOIN SOMETHIN MEAN TO IT

Anyone else miss the good ole days when a mcdouble was $1

ahh, 2011 was a good year

Back in the day double cheeseburgers were $1 and adding Mac sauce and lettuce to them was free.
We just called 'em buck-macs when ordering and they knew what to put in.

$123 DOLLARS??!

before that the double cheeseburger proper was on the dollar menu, but it turned out the extra slice of cheese on that sandwich made it an unprofitable item, so the mcdouble was born.

>buy 4 single cheese for a dollar each
>discard unecessary bun
>stack all burgers into one
>McQuads

BATEMAN IS PROUD, GIGA NIGGA IS SLAIN

>the extra slice of cheese on that sandwich made it an unprofitable item
I find that hard to believe

you're just gonna have to deal cause i don't cite sources on Veeky Forums bitch

>i can't cite sources

ok so you are lying then

not exactly what that user was saying but:

business.time.com/2014/01/14/fast-food-chains-are-desperate-to-kill-the-dollar-menu/

Bam, found a source for anons claim: the birth of the McDouble was in trying to cut the cost of the Double Cheeseburger

pressreader.com/usa/the-dallas-morning-news/20080805/281994668271858

Selling something like a burger as a loss-leader is retarded. If someone is too hungry for just a signle burg they will just buy TWO loss-leading burgers and you threw away even more money.

Are the drinks the only thing that makes money?

Drinks and Fries are probably the highest margin "cheap" item, yes. Obviously the more premium stuff makes money as well but as you point out, people will just get a sack of cheap shit instead.

The supreme irony is all this behavior is enforced by their own recipes and marketing that are tailored to basic human impulses. So they programmed the public to eat like this first.

Breakfast items. Not sure what McDonald's pays for their stuff, but I used to be part of the management at a Wawa and our mornings were the most profitable times. Groggy people would rather pay for a quick breakfast on-the-go than cook it themselves and that shit makes bank. We would buy our frozen hashbrowns at approximately $0.09 each and sell them for $0.99. That's 1000% profit.

> lettuce

Lol

>We would buy our frozen hashbrowns at approximately $0.09 each and sell them for $0.99. That's 1000% profit.
And some places still stop serving breakfast items after a set time...

>That's 1000% profit
Tell us more about why you no longer work as a manager

I don't get that either. It's one of the reasons why McDonald's began their "All Day Breakfast" campaign and also why many 24 hour diners will offer the shit all day as well. Generally breakfast items have the cheapest ingredients, most basic recipes and can be prepared in minutes with the right equipment. In my time at Wawa the only breakfast items that we didn't serve all day were shit that you had to prepare in bulk like sausage gravy, because it wouldn't sell later in the day and it took an hour to heat the shit up. If someone wanted a breakfast sandwich for dinner we were obligated to make it for them because it took less than 5 minutes to throw the biscuit/muffin, sausage patty and egg patty on a tray and cook it.

100% of .09 is .09
200% of .09 is .18
300% of .09 is .27
etc.

Since you pay the base cost of .09 per hashbrown you need to subtract that from the .99 that you sell the hashbrowns for which gives you .90 which is 1000% of .09

>fast food chains undercut each other in a race to the bottom
>suddenly cry "all anyone wants to buy is the $1 discount item and we're losing money!"

i hope they all go fucking bankrupt

>He thinks he's right

Last time i went i got two number 8
9's, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45's, one with cheese, andba large sods

did you enjoy the sods?

>mcdouble is no longer two for $2.50
gay

It wasn't always that way, but dairy costs were on the rise during the early 10's so they had to take away a slice of cheese to keep it the same price.

>no labor cost
>no electricity bill

boy you guys must have MBA's

Fuck this shit.
I live in Poland how am i suppose to be happy about this.
We pay like $2 for basic cheeseburger with small fries in Mickey Ds.

>no fries
Fuck off McDonalds

>I live in Poland how am i suppose to be happy about this.
Your food is probably miles better than what they serve in America

>discard unecessary bun
never gonna make it

>live in a city
>the McDonalds are stingy as fuck and only offer $1 4pc. mcnuggets, $2 bacon mcdouble, and $3 chicken sandwich
>try to order a mcchicken
>it's $2.50

wow...glass coke glasses for $1

I'd hit that.

>no more 2 mcdoubles for $2.50

oh...

How is the NEW $3 chicken sandwich?

why the fuck are bacon egg mcgriddles more expensive than sausage egg mcgriddles???????????

This. The Dollar Tree only has Pepsi.

the d0ouble cheeseburger was 1$ for like 20 years and surprised it didn't go up ssooner

am I the nly one her using the app?>

I'm OK with $3 bacon McGangbangs.

I hate fat people

Delete this before everyone see's it

Make America Fat Again

>Make America Fat Again

wtf do you mean "again?"

i had to delete the app. too much cheap food was making me fat

>new value menu
>some of the items actually cost more under this new structure
>all prior value items that aren't included in this scheme go up in price as well
yeah, this shithole is dead to me

>used to be able to get two famous stars for 6 bucks
War's changed.

>be me
>running errands
>get a powerful thirst
>want some tea
>lemme pull into mcdonalds, they got tea
>order a large because I got shit to do
>take a swig
>INSTANT diabetes
Can someone please tell me why the fuck their tea is so fucking unnecessarily sweet? I drank like 1/4 of it and had chest pains the rest of the day

>soyboy ingests 20-30 grams of sugar.
>complains hes about to die.

HOLY FUCK.

don't be a little bitch lmao

Kinda retarded. McChickies never left the dollar menu for me, McDoubles are 1.69, the single burger was 89 cents, and they fucking lowered the size of the large drink.

You knew I meant markup, no need to be an autismo about it. Sorry for my improper use of business terminology at 7am with no sleep.

And nope, don't have an MBA. I was part of the management level below the assistant manager and above the shift runners. Did that while I was in college but left after graduating to pursue a career that wasn't serving food at a gas station.

Test

>spending hours cooking because your time is worthless

?

Is Veeky Forums full of NEETs or minorities or something?

Are you Canadian? because you are the only people who'd add a FUCKING LEAF to a perfectly good burger.

Hu-uh
Ayyyyyye aye

>answering in a serious fashion to that actually funny post.
You sure look smart, pro-debater user.

>three dollar dollar menu

>one dollar for a chicken sandwich
Can you imagine how worthless the items that make that product are, in order for the CEOs to make billions.

its sweet tea you stupid fuck

sweet tea is a southern invention that tastes more like the sour sensation of oncoming diabetes than it does "sweet" or "tea" but you should know what to expect

you can order unsweetened iced tea i'm pretty sure

I just drank an entire $2 shake now I'm sick

AT THE END OF THE DAY
GOD DAMMIT I'M KILLIN THIS SHIT

IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!

>getting anything but the double cheese burger and chicken sandwhich

Why....

>been drinking, want cheap garbage food
>123 dollar menu? Sure, let's try it
>order double cheese no onion, classic chicken, small fry, large sweet tea
>they give me a double bacon extra onion, a triple cheese extra onion, small fry, large unsweetened tea
>they decide to fight with me about it even though i had the receipt right there

Got my money back and ate at In & Out instead. Fuck Mickey D's.

Fish fillet isn't even on the dollar menu

Hungry. Go to McDonalds in Manhattan. Ten years ago. $1 menu double cheeseburger costs $3. Other items have similar markup.
Walk south a bit. Near Strand bookstore. Go into Starbucks to pee. Starbucks cost the same as elsewhere.

I’m Not Loving It.

It's worse than you think, nobody except Trump can buy anything from this menu.

it's shit. the sauce and pickles don't compliment the overall sandwich. stick with the superior mcchicken.

you're a faggot

Big Smoke, is it you?

MCDONALDS FINALLY HAS AN EDIBLE BURGER, ITS IN THEIR 'CRAFTED' SERIES

THEY ROLLED OUT FRESH BEEF HERE INSTEAD OF FROZEN, ONLY ON THE QUARTER POUNDER PATTIES THOUGH

SWEET BBQ, BACON, WHITE CHEDDAR, CRISPY ONION, ARTISAN BUN, FRESH BEEF QUARTER POUNDER IS UNIRONICALLY NOT BAD

SHAKE SHACK IS BETTER BEEF THOUGH

I had 3 mcchickens and for desert a bacon mcdouble. I feel great!

Dear god, money cubed.

Remember when a double cheeseburger was $1? Then they bumped the price of that up and introduced the "McDouble" that has less cheese, and now even that is more than a dollar

McDonald's used to be the cheapest fast food place for when you want to get some especially shitty fast food for the lowest possible price, but now it doesn't even have that going for it, they still make the worst fast food but pretty much every other place beats them in value too now with their $3 and $4 meal deals

Where did it all go so wrong for Ronald

>fries on none of those menus

how could you fuck up this bad mickey d's?

check your eyes

when they first arrived my location ran out of chicken and I had to get the one with the hot dog instead. that's how much of a no-brainer it is.
but yeah I usually get the burger and the chicken sandwich and crisscut fries for $1 more

And YOU still ain't my damn Food!

Fellas that $3 chicken sandwich is L I T. Paired with a large fanta mixed with coke is my usual order for maximum value.

Hey fuck you. Why do cheeseburgers cost €1.20 where I live? This is the only thing Europe does wrong.

>all for just 10 bucks
>Compare to the fucking chinese place I ordered from yesterday that wanted $30 for a single meal + delivery

>Do it better than anybody you ever seen do it
>Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it

>>fast food chains undercut each other in a race to the bottom
>>suddenly cry "all anyone wants to buy is the $1 discount item and we're losing money!"
>i hope they all go fucking bankrupt

What are you talking about, this is great. I hope they all stay forever stuck making exactly 0 dollars 1 cent on each burg they sell, keeping food cheap.

They'll sell you carbonated water if you don't want sugar or artificial sweeteners.

>all for just 10 bucks
>Compare to the fucking chinese place I ordered from yesterday that wanted $30 for a single meal + delivery

Do it better than anybody you ever seen do it
Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it

>Hey fuck you. Why do cheeseburgers cost €1.20 where I live? This is the only thing Europe does wrong.

>Why are cheeseburgers indexed to the higher wages we have to pay burger slingers and the increased sales taxes we have to pay on the burgers when we sell it?

I don't know user, it is a mystery.

Got this the other day, surprisingly decent. Carl's JR drink prices always pissed me off damn near 3 bucks