What is some pessimistic literature?

Stuff similar to the works of Pessoa, Cioran, Mainländer, etc.

Caraco

Giacomo Leopardi

Pascal, Saltus, Zappfe, Schopenhauer

There's a whole chart for that

>Pascal
lol

>Let us imagine a number of men in chains, and all condemned to death, where some are killed each day in the sight of the others, and those who remain see their own fate in that of their fellows, and wait their turn, looking at each other sorrowfully and without hope. It is an image of the condition of men.

what a faggot

>actually read Mainlander

TRANSLATION NOW REEEE

The best these days in John Gray.

The French version of Cioran

Mainländer is Veeky Forums's TRUE and ONLY /guy/

Chamfort? Houellebecq?

If you can't name every single person in pic related then you're just not going to make it.

>23/28
not bad

Prove it chump

Lovecraft, Leopardi, Hitler, Schopenhauer, Adam Lanza, Houellebecq,???, Ligotti, Cioran, Elliot Rodger,???, Morrisey, Pessoa, Céline, Larkin, Buddha,???, Weininger, Mainländer, Unamuno, Kierkegaard,???, MC Ride, Unabomber, Linkola, Goebbels,???, Beckett

The one in between Elliot Rodger and Morrissey is Zappfe. Don't know any of the rest. I'm wondering how they could've left out Kafka.

Thomas Bernhard, Laszlo Krasznahorkai, Ingeborg Bachmann

the bible

Friendly reminder that reincarnation is real and we are stuck in this world for good

which of these writers would you guys recommend as the hardest hitting. The one who shake me up the most. I've been reading History of Decay on and off for a while now, usually before sleeping after a particularly bad day. I can't say I find it all that insightful or thought provoking but the language is beautiful