/g/ here...

/g/ here. My stove broke so I got a portable induction stove because all my pots are usable with induction anyway and it's beautiful. Why isn't it the standard? What draw back of it that I'm missing?

Can't wait to actually cook with it. Can you tell me some recipes that need the massive heat that I didn't have until now?

Other urls found in this thread:

bosch-home.com/de/produktliste/HND72PF56
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gas is the standard

because a portable camping stove is better. gas is just objectively better than induction because of the control it gives you

It's the standard in countries that don't produce their own gas, or get it cheap. You can't compare a cheap one like that with a really nice one though. I have a gaggenau one, 10 years old but still better than the new ones they sell in IKEA and such.

>plastic cookware
Nice baby toys, feggit.

Everyone who gets a new stove here gets induction, only reason it isn't the standard yet is because stoves last for decades and the technology is still relatively new.

nothing beats gas, but induction is a good alternative

the problem is, its quite expensive.the good induction cookers i mean, those shitty, small and portable ones that you probably bought arent as strong, but for a everyday use will do.
and aside for that, most people dont have only induction-compatible pots so if they decide to switch to it, they need to spend more money for that too.
so yeah, pretty much the price is the main drawback for now.its a relatively new technology tho, so i can see it getting more popular sooner or later when prices start dropping

Electric is still king my friend

>Electric is still king

he's right you know

It's not that much more expensive if you consider the longterm power use. Plus they stay nice & clean.

I dont know senpai, dunno how its in USA, but i was checking on some AIG/Bosch/Siemens induction tops a few days ago, and the good ones went up to 1500+ euros

And how much are higher end electric and gas ones?

I'm German as well and i got this topstove+oven combo for 1115.36€
bosch-home.com/de/produktliste/HND72PF56
Now it's 2000+ wtf happened?

not a german, but still in EU, i guess its normal for german brands to be a bit cheaper in germany, but yeah, still pretty fucking expensive desu

i mean, i can easily get a decent electric oven+ cooktops for half the price(~700-800 euros)

Forgot to tell that the stove works perfectly fine for me and i have lived in apartments with gas & old electric stoves. This one is almost as good as gas (got no gas pipes here)
The high pitched noise at settings > medium high might annoy some people, but other than that it's fucking great.

I have an older induction cooktop too and I like it. The bigggest drawback is the poor adjustability at low power settings. Most of them donnt go lower than 400W which is still much too high for a proper simmer. The one in your pic is the IKEA Tillreda, isnt it? That one has power settings that go down to 100W and 300W, thats perfect. Only disadvantage compared to my old top is it has only power settings, no heat settings. The heat settings are pretty great if you want to keep coffe or punch hot, or heat up sausages without risking making them burst.

Don't look at the producer's website, they always mark it up to make the resellers' prices more attractive.

I'm this guy
and the low setting also work fine for me.
Another downside is that you can't lift up the pan more than like an inch before the coils stop conduction. That's the biggest difference to gas.
But honestly it's not that hindering.

induction 5th burner keeps my water boiling after I add vegetables; gas doesn't.

only memelords who don't cook like gas.

Just use gas and induction you fucking faggots

>only memelords who don't cook like gas.
You mean like every restaurant ever?

>I've never been to Europe
They use induction all the time memelord

>every restaurant on an entire continent uses the same cooking method
Retard.

I think you quoted the wrong guy, guy.
claimed every restaurant in the world in all of time used gas.

i would fucking love to have one of those
but i also use my oven almost as often as my stove, so if i have an oven i might as well have a regular stove
though, if i ever get one of those ovens you have built into a cabin or something, i'd probably get a portable stove