There are infinitely more commentaries on books than there are actual books...

There are infinitely more commentaries on books than there are actual books. Just on Amazon alone the review to title ratio is astronomical.

Are people more disposed to reading about books than actually reading books?

Other urls found in this thread:

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Toupee_fallacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just because a review exists doesn't mean people are reading it.

tommy buns is underrated

it's easier to review a book than to write one in most cases

aaaaaaand we're live. Tommy and I were just talking about how in his book, Fingerprints of the Gods, Terence McKenna argued that squarespace shouldn't be illegal when you can go to the store and buy alcohol, which is waaaay more destructive. He says the human body produces Alpha Brain in the pineal gland where it converts to a chemical called 11 hydroxy metabolite, and in reptiles the pineal gland even has a retina and a lens. I think you can hunt reptiles. Didn't Steve Rinella do it on his show once? Like those giant monitor lizards, which have been, pound-for-pound, the greatest exogenous dump of Oh En EN Eye Tee since William Randolph Hurst invented the decorticator machine. Jamie, pull that shit up. I want to know If I can deep freeze monitor meat and maintain a ketogenic diet. I could be making that up. Fake News.

innnteresting.

creating this thread was worth it

People like passive forms of entertainment and reading requires you to think a bit and move your eye balls. It's no surprise that audio books are popular.

Still tho, how can I make money using writing? Is there any hope that if you type up a manuscript that someone will buy it?

What are the most profitable subjects to write books about? How can I research this? Should I just look whats popular on amazon?

I feel like people are losing their fucking shit about politics so they might actually be tempted to buy a political book? Also Ive noticed that memoirs are popular from drug addicts.

How the fucking fuck do you market a book without being a youtuber e-celeb?

My friend is a doctor. Could I pen a book under his name in the hopes that the DR infront of his name would sell the book?

YA fiction is probably the most profitable, if you don't have any standards at all and just want easy money.

So like books marketed towards 22 year old women that just graduated college? Something like the struggles of dating and balancing your new job would be popular?

Hahahahaha No. 15 - 18 year old females. Look at John Green. Look at all these movies and Netflix shows popping up based on novels written for teenage girls.

I'm talking this kind of hot garbage.

There are also more people talking about professional football than people playing it. Doesn't mean they don't prefer watching the match to merely hearing some cunt whinge about it at the pub though.

This

Tom Segura is one of the best comedians today and even his wife Christina is really funny, probably the funniest female comedian (the only one to make me laugh at least)

do you have the data for all the people who have read the books and didn't post reviews?

see:
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Toupee_fallacy
or
"selection problems"

Oh shit haha

>daniel gregori is a fallen angel who has battled over her for centuries

So basically Twilight?

Shit, I guess. It's all the same.

10/10

Also Tom Segura is a hipster fag

kek

Jesus.. any other ideas?

Say i wrote one of these pieces of shit how would I market it? Reddit?

What do you think of patreon authors because its fucking so hard to actually sell anything?

you don't write a book in an attempt to get rich you faggot, sure it's a nice thought to strive towards and if it happens to take off then good for you, but in general if your writing because you just want money and don't have a passion for the story you want to tell it'll show easily through your work.

Well thanks for calling me a faggot but I like to think that I'm very empathetic and can think like other people so writing the book would be fun. And anyway it cant hurt to try. 5k words a night produces a novel in 10-20 days.

Like obviously I would put my own spin on it but it helps to know the most profitable target audience.