Post the most exotic, atypical or non-western diet protein you've ever eaten. if it's beef, pork, or chicken...

post the most exotic, atypical or non-western diet protein you've ever eaten. if it's beef, pork, or chicken, hang your head in shame and admit it.

For me it's the Sandhill Crane, pic related. Aka ribeye of the sky

Goat was fantastic I wish I could find it again

Goat, catfish, alligator, wild moose, wild deer, wild elk, and bison off the top of my head, and most of the interesting fish that one can get on sushi in the West.

Alligator and it was absolute top tier. I want more

Honestly, dog was the best. No troll.

>catfish
>deer
>bison
>sushi
Begone

Have to say a tie between live sea cucumber or roasted armadillo. Never thought it was that big a deal, tbqhfam.

kangaroo, emu, crocodile, alligator, pheasant, various bugs and snakes, octopus (not that exotic depending on where you live).

What is crane like? from the nickname I gather it's pretty red-meaty? Really want to eat a peacock just because they're beautiful but they probably don't taste great.

Lying or not really dog. Real dog and cat tastes pretty bland. Shark fin soup also tastes like nothing. Hippo was probably the best I've had.

Off the top of my head, frog, octopus, cabrito, lamb, pig brain.

Gator. Rattlesnake.

Was good. Wish I could get it where I live.

>What is crane like
yeah it was sort of beefy. most big birds are pretty beefy in texture and the meat is red. But unlike, say, canada goose, which is beefy, but also tough and metallic tasting if its even a hair above medium rare, the crane had that velvety waxiness that you find in duck. it was just wonderful. I'd happily eat it 300 times a year if such a diet was sustainable.

Oh.. swan too. that shit was gud.

A fried rattlesnake side at some touristy place with my parents. Literally tasted like chicken, was delicious.

Horse is a pretty solid protein source, plus it's got iron and is delicious

Leprosy would take importance.
Gator, rattlesnake, nilgai, frog, dove, and most other regular wild game. Going to Vietnam soon and will be adding some really unique proteins.

how is goat untypical, you sheltered amerimongrel, haf of eurppe eats it

Donkey.I ate it in a sausage mixed with pork, but still, it tasted godly

>proteins
why do people refer to meat just as its nutritional value. I don't refer to vegetables as "vitamins" or some weird shit like that

Wouldn't know what's the most atypical of them but I had alligator, snails (really underrated imo), catfish, horse, eel and grouse

>Not listing crayfish.

"Proteins" includes meat, fish, poultry, dairy, eggs, soy (inb4) so it's easier to just say that if you're talking about more than meat.