Why is wine considered a girly or sissy drink?

Why is wine considered a girly or sissy drink?

I think there are drinks that only females should have, like fruity cocktails etc. but wine is not one of them. Historically men have enjoyed wine for centuries, it was enjoyed by Kings and knights and scholars and the greatest men in history back to the greeks.

When did wine become a mom drink?

>Why is wine considered a girly or sissy drink?
Only in American flyover shitholes. Most people know./

Because it's predominately consumed by suburban housewives and retarded 20 year old girls.
Pairing wine with a meal is perfectly acceptable, but only women will drink it to get tipsy or even drunk.

>not drinking fruity cocktails with confidence
Never gonna make it

Fly over detected

fpbp

>Historically men have enjoyed wine for centuries
Gay men

Mostly depends on geography. America has been predominantly whiskey and beer because that’s what was able to be made originally (vineyards were not really a thing then). Marketing has capitalized on this history.

Well that and hard ciders

Why do you care what's labeled girly or not? You sound like one of those people who love ABBA but are afraid to show it.

The foundation of the failed western paradigm was built on roman and greek wine culture, so there's that.

Because it’s sweet. Apparently the more bitter the taste the more manly.

>C.U.C.C. residents actually believe this
Keep drinking your rotten grape juice faggot

because it's hard to tell the difference between a french man and an American woman.

This, who even gives a fuck

I enjoy some beer and hard liquor too but there's no shame in drinking a nice sweet girly cocktail once in a while

>because that’s what was able to be made originally
This is that "fortress America" myth talking, aka revisionist nonsense, promoted by the same idiots who want to shut our borders down and point guns at every foreign country including (and perhaps especially) our allies. As if everything America has ever done, liked, or appreciated must have been of purely indigenous manufacture and we never had any friends all this time.

Early America was heavily dependent on foreign imports, we used foreign sugar, foreign textiles, foreign firearms, foreign blades, etc, etc. Consuming a foreign-made alcoholic beverage would not have been terribly unusual. The Founding Fathers were mostly fluent in French and greatly appreciated French wine. We also manufactured quite a bit of rum from imported raw materials. But revisionists would have us believe that international trade was invented by Barack Hussein Obama.

The reason whiskey became semi-synonymous with belligerent cries of MURICA is because of the complicated politics of the early American tax system which led to an armed revolt in some hillbilly parts of America from backyard still inbreds who were unwilling to carry their weight like the patriotic distilling professionals of New York who had already been paying off our war debts for far longer. Basically, they were asked to chip in, and responded with bullets. So despite what flyovers want you to think, whiskey actually is the drink of treasonous ingrates who hate America.

Real Americans drink wine.

>he thinks thomas jefferson had a successful wine vineyard
BAHAHAHA.
Only if you think boones is good.

>had a successful wine vineyard
Do flyovers think "sauternes" refers to a colonial estate in Virginia?

It's not? It's consider urbanite and maybe a bit high class. It's one of the oldest drinks in the world.

Keep sipping your boones until you get drunk enough to larp as a founding father.

But I'm drinking a Hautes-Côtes de Nuits

>When did wine become a mom drink?

That's nice sweetie, Are you going to the PTA meeting tomorrow after your spin class?

I don't have kids, and spin is cancer, but I'll probably go for an actual bike ride, yeah. Should be pretty empty out since it's an overnight low of 32. Not sure if I want to do River Road or North Country Trailway. You want to make the decision for me?

Yes, men should always make the decision.

Is that your way of telling me you're a girl? Fine, I'll flip a coin.

River road it is.

It's for gays.

what's wrong with being girly? maybe go back to your own boards if you don't like it

>women larping as men calling each others girls on a female majority board
the world is strange

>interprets a yes as no and no as yes
Definitely female like.

If that's a roundabout way of asking to see my ding-dong, I think there's another board for that stuff.

I'm saying neither of you are men.

I never brought up my gender, flyover kun just started feeling btfo I guess, after repeatedly trying to turn the conversation to his favor I guess all he had left was "neener neener ur a cootie girl"

And I'm saying that's a strange argument when almost everyone on this board is a girl

>maleanon here

I guess. It usually only comes up in alcoholic beverage discussions, although there is one user who I am pretty sure is a dude who keeps making threads where he fantasizes about being a 1950s housewife, and those are usually a shitshow.

And you larp as a woman from the 1700's.

Why would I larp as the mother of my future children?

Its cheap and gets you drunk faster than beer and tastes better than beer

Yeah there isn't anything wrong with eating out a guys ass every now and then

Everyone loves Abba

sort of accurate, but there is *some* accuracy to fortress America, in that we were forced to - for a period - rely on what we could produce locally or smuggle in via the carribean while the British Navy blockaded our shit. As a result beer and whisky simply became a cheaper, more readily available alternative, and promoting local business was seen as frugal and patriotic.

After the War, French booze started flowing freely again - woo! Unfortunately, only a few years later we would be officially unofficially at war with France when Revolutionary Court professional dickhead Tallyrand started demanding bribes from our diplomats in order to be recognized in Paris. Boo. So then it became unpatriotic to drink French wine, and American producers - who had long since caught onto politicizing marketing and you could argue America was FOUNDED by such politicized marketing - capitalized.

Also, funny thing about the Whisky Rebellion, from their perspective they were fighting the same thing they had in the war against the British - a tax on a ubiquitous item levied by a distant government for the purpose of paying off war debt incurred in patriotic defense of the citizenry but done so without their consent or input. The big difference, however academic, was that Washington was not an Ocean away, nor were the Whisky Rebels actually voiceless - they had representatives in Congress who agreed to the tax. So really it was just sour grapes on their part. Though you have to understand, post Revolutionary War America was pretty fucking rough, and debt sparked more than one armed counter revolution that had to be put down politically or via force of arms before Washington would retire. The Whisky Rebellion is just the most famous

this but unironically

Its not entirely. Ever hear the term wino?

I don't.

>Abba
Fernando. I mean correct.

Because of beer marketing I would think. Successful advertising becomes memetic eventually.

Perceptions change over time. Roses can be incredible bargins because generally people consider them womanly. Also, South American wine kicks the shit out of American wine. Malbecs and Carmeneres are just superior to what is produced stateside.

Is there a female majority board on Veeky Forums?

t.only drinks $9 wine

You have to be very insecure to believe this. Enjoy what you want, not doing things because of opinions make u a fag.

Veeky Forums. /cgl/.

>food is for women
>wine is for women
>men only eat nails and rocks and RRAWRRR WHISKEY WITH AN EY BECAUSE WE'RE NOT GAY LIKE THOSE FOREIGNERS WHO SPELL IT WHISKY
if ever we wanted evidence that Veeky Forums is mostly high school students trying to seem "worldly", this is it

Real men drink box wine out of the box.
Preppies and women drink that classy bottled crap.

>a few posters on Veeky Forums shitposting
ftfy

And you know whose fault is...

Hemingway's signature daiquiri contains more than an ounce of citrus juice when made properly

Are you a coastalfag lefty?

No one wants to “shut our borders down” and just not accept any imports. That is why I assume you may be a lefty because you’re exaggerating and misrepresenting the solutions while simultaneously ignoring the problems.

The goal is to keep out ILLEGAL aliens and encourage trade deals that are BENEFICIAL for the country.

As for drinking anything, this is a part of culture that I think warps people’s minds too much.

If you are a man and you like wine, drink it. If you like whiskey or whatever, drink it. Your beverage of choice does not make you effeminate just like a woman drinking whiskey doesn’t make her more masculine. Women can eat steak and men can eat yogurt and it has no implication whatsoever on there gender status or what gender they “should” be, or how masculine/femine they are, UNLESS they are eating or drinking (or refraining from) these things for a particular reason or holding an attitude about it.

Every time I see the word “sweetie” used on here I can’t decide if it’s a woman saying it sarcastically or a man saying it as a sarcastic meme word.

How does anyone determine that this is somehow a female majority board when we are all anonymous?

>states an unverifiable assertion as matter-of-fact

Sweety, if you have ask then you know it's a man saying it. Gosh, aren't you just the most adorable dimwit ever

>coastalfag lefty
I'm from the right coast not the left coast.
>to keep out ILLEGAL aliens
And of course change the laws to synchronize what "fortress America" types are thinking when they think "illegal", to wit: brown = illegal, white = legal.
>trade deals that are BENEFICIAL for the country
NAFTA has been a net benefit for the country. Like literally all other treaties and in fact any policies at all, some benefit more than others. Some even lose, that is also a given. The important thing is that the gains outweigh the losses. What flyovers seem to have forgotten is that "the country" is more than just some abandoned ghost towns in northern Ohio. Unfortunately it's difficult to explain economics with 140 character text fragments. It's very easy to promote paranoia and stoke rage with 140 character text fragments, though. And that's what the right is best at. Is your life not like the Real Housewives of OC? Not enough big screen TVs in your home? Want a six figure job without education and you can't figure out how to make that happen? Must be the fault of (joos/women/mexicans/china/ay-rabbs/canada/avocados/glasses)

Also, thank you for giving me permission to eat yogurt.

Haha

>Haha

contact google ad sense or chinkmoot, they will sell you the verification

>makes generalizations about people
>doesn't realize that generalization can be applied to your group
Nice.

>Says nice passive-aggressively
Nice

i had a drink called a gummy bear or something at a gay bar in new york. best mixed drink i've ever tasted. would drink again no fucks given

>gay bar in new york
so like... any of them

Are people suppose to think you're gay because the drink in your hand or because you were in a fucking gay bar?

>being gay is bad
are you people 12, or just flyovers?

also gay bars have shit tier drink selections, even in a gay friendly city there simply aren't enough gay bars around to make the draw something other than "if you see a dude here he's probably into other dudes", so needless to say they don't give a fuck about quality

nobody in europe thats not super poor thinks that way

>nobody in europe
tbqh it's hard to tell the men from the women in europe.

i think you have some projection going on there user. didn't say anything disparaging toward the gays.

>No U!
Ok

he's just self loathing fag.
Most fags and trannies hate themselves.

Do you like femanons?
>tfw turned on by bantz

Only on Veeky Forums, since that way /pol/ will give them stern authoritative love that their fathers didn't give them.

Thank you for being honest with your homophobia instead of playing this slippery troll game

Wine is considered sissy because the average wine drinker is a 20something year old who buys the Foxhound or whatever stuff and is drinking glorified alcohol with grape flavor

>the average wine drinker is a 20something middle aged soccer mom gay male pretentious yuppie suburban urbanite who drinks cheap wine and $5000 bottles in order to pretend that expensive equals good even though all wine is the same as proven by this test that shows some people prefer cheap wine over expensive wine

eww.. gross pic. MOODS!!!!

I'm a man and I normally drink a bottle of red wine before going out clubbing or something. It's the perfect amount of booze for me pre-going out. With the added bonus of not making me fat like 8 tins of beer. I don't give a fuck if anyone thinks I'm a faggot for it

Trying to debate tastes in wine is like trying to talk about how good you can make your farts smell. At the end of the day, everyone still looks stupid. People will always say how good a wine is just based on what they are told it is suppose to be