Veeky Forums I need you to resolve an argument for me...milk and cereal. Is it a soup?

Veeky Forums I need you to resolve an argument for me...milk and cereal. Is it a soup?

>not cooked at all
no

>Not stock
>Not broth
>Not jus
Nope not a soup

Well what is it then?

A marinade

>Durr
>Not knowing what gazpacho is or any other kind of soup that's not cooked

It’s a salad

Updoot

I only put enough milk in my cereal so that there's no milk left after the cereal becomes wet (not but soggy).
So no, since you can't have a soup without liquid.

That's why it's a salad. Like fruit salad but cereal instead of fruit and milk instead of marshmallow fluff or honey or w.e.

Cereal is now a salad.

Cereal is a cereal, just like soup is soup.

It's a porridge. A cold, uncooked porridge.

>I watch vsauce im so smert!!1!

I don't think it's a soup, I feel soup must be made in a large pot and include veg. if you made a big pot of cereal and threw in some carrot then it can be a soup, but as of now that is not a food and nobody has made it, so it is not soup

>It's a porridge. A cold, uncooked porridge.
>Porridge
>noun
>1. a food made of [...] cereal, boiled to a thick consistency in water or milk.
Porridge is boiled cereal mate. Cereals aren't porridge in the same way that potatoes aren't fries until you make them fries.

Cereal is the solid matter, usually grains, and most people have their breakfast grains with milk.

nah cause cereal is good

but he said it's a cold, uncooked porridge. you could say potatoes are cold, uncooked, and uncut french fries and you wouldn't be wrong, strictly speaking

Strictly speaking a potato salad is cold chips and mayo.

>milk and cereal. Is it a soup?
No, it's just a bullshit excuse for a meal.

You dont fry the potatoes in potato salad,

But you cook them. Which is why I didn't call them 'fries'.

Do American Chinese people eat fries? Lots of fries!

Sometimes fries are baked.