Tell me your thoughts on Alton Brown

Tell me your thoughts on Alton Brown.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollowverse.com/alton-brown/
foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/meat-sauce-and-spaghetti-recipe-1917618
youtube.com/watch?v=BIc12jkE7sY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tell me yours lmao

Good Eats is my shit. Haven't watched Food Network in like a decade but I hear all he does now is host dumb competition shows.

Fuck off

I live in his neighborhood and see him jogging sometimes. He stops and plays with his balls a lot. I saw him look around and then smell his fingers one time. I don't think he saw me see him do it, but I wouldn't put it past him. Seems like that kind of guy.

he doesn't seem like the jogging type to me. more like the type to be into some homoerotic full contact sport like wrestling

No, he gets all his exercise from working a glory hole. Have you seen his forearms?

he has that dad humor that's hard to dislike unless you're a complete asshole.

judging by that jacket, I don't think he has any

I bet he wears a douchy 48mm+ wristwatch though to compensate

He seems like someone who has to keep everything perfect, like you couldn't touch a single thing at his house without him screaming internally.

literally who?

He can come across a bit arrogant at times, but he's pretty great. Good Eats is one of the best cooking shows of all-time.

Long live AB.

Conflicted.

He helped to bring appreciation to the one, true science - food science - BUT he's a dweeby, anal,-retentive, weirdo who thinks you need a sharpie to cut mango.

I just don't know.

His show was good at the time, but ATK and SeriousEats have surpassed him in food science and youtube stars like Chef John have surpassed him in creating good recipes from common ingredients

Not as brown as he claims to be.

I don't think about him very much at all. He had a decent cooking show a while back, but that's really all I can say. He's a bit of an asshole though.

He needs to just come out of the closet already.

I've watched him and adored him ever since I was a kid, but I do find many of his recipes to be over complicated and fussy. I love his personality, but he can be a little too quirky and "geeky". I still love him, though. My second favorite television food personality.

>who thinks you need a sharpie to cut mango.

Bear in mind his target audience is the absolute bottom of the barrel lowest common denominator.

a god among men for his culinary prowess as well as political views.

Good Eats is the show that got me into cooking, so I have a deep appreciation for AB. His pivot to competition shows is pretty lame though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's convinced Alton Brown is gay.

Him and Iron Chef (original) were the only worthwhile things to air on Food Network.

Ironically both shows not even produced by the network.

Good Eats was my favorite cooking show and some people are complaining about his personality but I kinda like his schtick . I also like how he's a cook not a chef; seems more relatable.

I thought good eats was informative and the recipes I've made from it turned out good. His over-the-top silly attempts at humor were extremely irritating but I was willing to suffer through that. Haven't watched any of the reality stuff he does now because that entire genre nauseates me. I agree with everyone else itt, he's probably a closeted fag.

Good Eats is pretty great, but I don't really care for him as a host of competition shows.

Being a pro-gun celebrity means he's a-okay in my book.

Yeah and this. What are his thoughts on Drumpf?

>He took to Snapchat to share his Election Steak recipe, which apparently he cooks when the polls close after every election. In his Snap, he says, "This year, I'm using sirloin steak because it can be a little tough, and let's face it, this election has been tough."

Was the only thing I could find about it after a couple seconds of googling, which is all the effort I'm willing to put in. Him mostly staying out of politics is another pro point.

>cut brooklyn
gullible rube

He was a film and production geek from way back. His schick was great camera angles and editing from the beginning. He went to cooking school just to get more grant money for the next stage of his TV career.
I saw him do a booksigning at Olssens bookstore in DC during his first season, and the whole audience was macgeeks who had technical questions about the oven or fridge cam, which annoyed him greatly as he was there for the booksigning and discussion about the content of his show and book. He wanted food geeks. Before he spoke he looked peeved that people waved like fans at him and clapped, before he had a chance to use the bathroom. We saw his grumpy true colors, and he was downright rude to a couple of people.
I liked his show for the mr. wizard nature in the beginning. I particularly like food scientist Shirley Corrihor, the historical food anthropoligist and the grumpty asian (dentist) who played the bed bath and beyond appliance help. I liked him and I liked his show until Alton got abducted by aliens and started acting weird. When did this happen? That time he lost all his weight, and then to face the cancer? does he have HIV? social media murmerings. So, he did an episode where he explained his healthy choices as diet based (should have gone with exercise!) and it went against the grain of someone who has a palate, a foodie lifestyle, a brain, even, and certainly against the entire core of his viewer base. It was the jumped the shark literal moment when no one liked him anymore. He started the "I wish I was old new england money and/or harvard professor" round tortoiseshell eyeglass frame+tweed suit wearing + ambiguously gay new persona with the weight loss. He dropped his southernisms and average joe who likes doing things well person entirely and sucked up to some kind of treat me as an intellectual without the PhD respect demand.

Woah is this pasta

He left his church because he supports gay marriage and they didn't.

Ok. You will always find something to dislike about someone if you look hard enough.
Also source.

He and his team were trying to make things as unfuck-up-able as possible. Some people need that shit in their lives.

>he's selectively religious like most modern turbo faggots
No surprise there.

Different user, having trouble finding the actual text of the article online, but it's from Time Magazine, dec 4, 2014 - an article titled Alton Brown's Existential Stew. Richard Reams's comment from this site hollowverse.com/alton-brown/ has a quote from it if you'll accept a second hand citation
>"He’s also in the midst of a crisis of faith. Brown, who was baptized in 2006, says he’s “on a break” from his church. He says he can no longer abide the Southern Baptist Convention’s indoctrination of children and its anti-gay stance. He’s now 'searching for a new belief system.'"

Retard who thinks Christianity is about following strict rules instead of following Jesus's teachings in spirit detected. Let me guess, you're a catholic who believes you can't even take a shit without the pope's approval?

Dropping a pretty well known to be fundamentalist religion is one thing, dropping Christianity to look for a whole new belief system is another. I'd say he never actually had faith to begin with, otherwise, he'd be over at the episcopal church right now.

>Religion in general
If there's a god he's definitely not one that humans know/guessed about.

There's literally nothing wrong with gay marriage, faggot. I bet you don't even go to church.

I'm not religious and don't give a fuck about gay marriage, so yeah.

Then why would that make you dislike him?

try reading comprehension

Think again.
When will faithlets learn?

Marriage is already gay enough without faggots doing it.

>atheist shittard thinks he's a genius
who'da thunk it

>t. faggot who wants to be part of a club but wants to make his own rules
What a big boy. You're super unique. Do you. Only God can judge you.

>Agnosticism and atheism are the same.
I cannot deny the possibility that a god or higher power probably exists.
I just think the chance of human religions getting it right is improbably low.

Since neither of us dislike him for his views on gay marriage, then who was the "You" in "You will always find something to dislike about someone if you look hard enough," referring to if not you or me? And why did you need a source?

>make his own rules
Well no, it was the pope that made his own rules and catholics that decided the bible wasn't enough. And if you're not catholic, then your rules are just as 'made up' as mine.

>oh, yeah? well, you too!
>t. shitlet can't religion but wants to

he's a gun nut

It would help if you presented any sort of actual argument. Idolatry is a sin, and catholics clearly care more about the word of the pope than the word of God, so their opinion hardly counts. I'm gonna need more to go on if you want me to get more specific.

>this is a bad thing

I love Alton, Good Eats is what got me into cooking when I watched it as a kid.

being a gun nut != thinking guns are "cool"
everyone thinks guns are "cool"
what makes gun nuts uniquely stupid is that they sincerely believe a gun is a solution to literally everything. feeling unsafe? carry a gun. someone looking at you funny? wave a gun at them. kid got murdered? force kids to carry guns. got the sniffles? shoot yourself in the fucking face with a gun
as soon as I find out a famous person is a gun nut I instantly downgrade their assessed intelligence by about 20 IQ points
even ketofags are smarter than gun nuts

>they sincerely believe a gun is a solution to literally everything

It's not?

Excited for good eats coming back

Fuck off, Paddy.

I don't even like guns but you can eat a bullet

>yea freedom of speech and religion are cool and all but I'd rather if there was a vast network of unelected government bureaucrats to make decisions for me about how I can express these rights
This is how retarded you sound.

oh god I killed the thread

QUICK post your favorite Alton Brown recipe!

>spaghetti meat sauce
foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/meat-sauce-and-spaghetti-recipe-1917618

>freedom of speech is being able to shoot someone over a parking space
>STAND YER GROOOUND
I'm glad I live in a state with sane gun laws

You're dumb.

>What was said completely flew over his head.
>Resorts to childish hyperbole
Yep, typical grabber.

No gun laws are sane, there should be no gun laws, anyone of any age of any legal standing should have access to any weapon. Period.

Yep. Toddlers should be forced to run around with atomic tipped recoilless rifles because muh big gubmint boogyman

The best thing he ever did for me..

youtube.com/watch?v=BIc12jkE7sY

I agree, but only up to nuclear weapons.
Because then only the government and extremely wealthy corporations can own nuclear weapons.

If a toddler somehow obtains enough money to do so, sure.

>forced
?

>mug big gubmint boogyman
Not a boogeyman.

>mommy why can't violent extremists be left alone to impregnate children and threaten public officials
the only thing the government did wrong was being too lenient on those people

Children are generally better suited to crew served weapons, teaches them teamwork and requires less individual strength

>Violent extremists
You mean the FBI?

I'm making fun of you if that helps, since I know weird chromosomes can make it difficult.

Technically did nothing wrong; never threatened anyone and age of consent was 14 in Texas.

>Muh pedophilia
Hoax with no substantial evidence
>Threaten public officials
Never happened.

>it's ok for a religious maniac to rape kids because muh backwards antediluvian Texas laws
I take it back. the only thing they did wrong was not carpet bomb the entire state

Same age of consent as most of Yurope. 18 is actually pretty old, globally. It's mostly around 16.

> the one, true science - food science -
Do brainlets really believe this?

1. Big difference between 16 and 14
2. Girls as young as 12
3. We're not talking about two high school kids getting in trouble due to a small age difference, we're talking about a man in his 30s who thinks he's Jesus, brainwashing his followers into giving their 12 year old daughters over to a maniac to be raped

And the fact that this man is a hero of the gun nut community is why normies have a dim view of "gun culture"

Thank God the Govt stepped in and killed those kids before they could be touched some more.

>This man is a hero of the gun nut community
Nobody really regards him as a hero. Maybe an unfortunate martyr.
Now pic related is a hero.

>The medical examiner reported that although federal law enforcement personnel fired no shots that day, 20 people, including five children under the age of 14, had been shot, and a three-year-old had been stabbed in the chest

Trying to defend the FBI by making the Branch Davidians look bad COMPLETELY misses the significance of Waco.

Hey remember Alton Brown?

>making the Branch Davidians look bad
It's amazing how you think that pointing out child rape, or the fact that Koresh literally mass-murdered his entire cult rather than surrender, is some kind of partisan spin job.

Well, if the State says the State did no wrong...

That's now what I meant. What the FBI did in both Waco and Ruby Ridge is detestable, and you can't change that.

*not what I meant.

That man is the single most skilled hand to hand fighter I have ever seen.

Wasn't he the guy the led the branch favidians?

>David was a good boy, he dindu nuffin wrong

No he just fed the branch davidians.

The FBI was a good boy, he dindu nuffin wrong
See? I can do it too.

>ok but technically it wasn't child rape because the parents consented
>ok but that isn't the point, technically he only shot all of his followers and then himself, that wouldn't uh happened if the gubmint hadn't knocked on his door asking about stuff that's none of their business
>ok but but that isn't the point, maybe we were lied to
at what point do you just go with "ok but that isn't the point, we're just a bunch of brains in vats and morality isn't real"

Didn't this start by you saying Alton Brown had 20 less iq points than you previously would have thought because he likes guns?
We've gotten way off track. You can defend the FBI all you want, we can defend the cult boys all we want, but lets get back on topic.

You don't have to pick a side to root for.
You can acknowledge that the Feds are assholes without admitting the Davidians were not and vice versa.

No, not "likes guns", I said "gun nut", and this thread has further validated my beliefs about them
And what if the feds were assholes? If I'm on a flight I don't give a shit if the guy in the cockpit is an asshole, I just want him to do his job. In this case, looks like the feds were doing theirs.