Do you think that reading Don Quixote would save /pol/?

Do you think that reading Don Quixote would save /pol/?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/EjW7T
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/pol/s problem isnt their ideas, some are quite reasonable.

It is their lack of subtlety and nuance that disgusts me.

It would save /a/

Reading anything denser than infographics would save /pol/

The sheer size of /pol/ makes it unsaveable. It's a retard magnet

It's supposed to save Veeky Forums...

>/pol/
Is there a comic book version?

>yes goy, good goy, everything is "quixotic" and simply absurd, yes, nothing is worth striving for because it's all absurdity, yes, so why not just let it all rot, good goy

We can't ignore /pol/s massive effect on the contemporary American political landscape.

Almost all of this Alt-Right non-sense, Trumps massive internet support, the spread of and popularization of fringe right wing ideas, and the general reactionary backlash witnessed during the election in some way can find its way back to /pol/

Funnily enough, as someone who used to browse the board religiously back when Moot was still around, I wholly believe half of all of it was mindless shit-posting that got out of hand.

Am I the only one who thinks that /pol/ as we know it started with Eric Cartman from South Park?

First ironic, later sincere once the jokes started sounding a little too real and the dots started being connected.

Of course, dots can be connected any way you like. That's why nobody can agree on constellations, and why schizophrenics exist.

What race are you?

>/pol/
>having self-awareness
lol

Relevant

>wrong side of history XDDD

Yeah, we've heard that we don't need to read 1,000 pages of Sancho Panza being a self-righteous little spic shit just to be confronted with such a brilliant argument

Don Quixote is garbage. Seriously, you should read it sometime. I actually agree with what the Knob said about it. A crude, sloppy work, it is.

/pol/ isn't a cause, it's a symptom.

This kind of 21st century populism has been slowly bubbling up all over the western world, in all demographics basically since Clinton's third-way became the hot new meme and every political party west of Russia made a mad grab for the centrist vote. For about 20 years we were in a situation where there was virtually no distinction between "right-wing" and "left-wing" parties. The hope being that a given party would retain their core demographic while also attracting independent voters in a great big arms race of compromise.

Only that didn't happen at all, it just alienated core voters and made them feel like their parties didn't care about them (true) so it just made them even more radicalized. /pol/ is just the young right-wing manifestation of it, mass-politics has been heading in this direction for quite some time now. And its not just unique to the right, it's happening to the left as well. It's no coincidence that more radical, more popular figures are appearing in every country and in every party all over the world. It's not edgy internet memes that are making this happen, this phenomenon is happening because the vast majority of society aren't being serviced by their leaders so they just become more desperate and more aggressive in their political goals. The memes are just another facet of this.

No. First off, it's a fast moving board, so unless you have someone dedicated to shilling it, it wouldn't have much of an overall effect. Second, the message(s) in Don Quixote could easily be turned on the head and subverted for their political agenda, i.e Sancho being a prime example of a deluded liberal whiteknight. Thirdly, Cervantes would simply be brushed off as a spic.

I would say Max Stirner would be great for unspooking their herd mentality and loosening the very tribal mentality they criticize the jews of, but considering how badly understood he is by fucking Veeky Forums itself, I doubt it will do any good.

The majority of their userbase are evidently young conflicted men seeking a little stability in a world that hasn't been kind to them (see: autism) – they conjure up ideological daydreams in which they find likeminded companionship, bonding together over their hunt for a shadow entity responsible for the percieved degeneracy in this world.

They are, in other words, emotionally driven. It doesn't help either that their intellectual foundation is unironically built around memes. If you want to subvert /pol/, you'll need to systematically appeal to their guts.

True. 60% of Trump voters said immigration wad the main issue for them, so it obviously goes much further than /pol/.

*was

>/pol/s massive effect on the contemporary American political landscape
>massive

Are you joking or what? I'm gonna give you a chance to provide some more arguments and examples before calling you an absolute idiot.

the memelords awoke the horde

No; the book is often giving arguments against jews, blacks and muslims while giving a lot of chances for Christian virtues which are portrayed in a very positive light. There's even a monologue that argues in favor of the life of a soldier that could easily be twisted in: Is great to be a soldier fighting for peace in behalf of the white race. It also portrays French as greedy and with a taste for clothes that can't be satiated. The three great slants against any man that I can gather from Cervantes and Quevedo are: There's nothing worse than being fag, cuck and jew but being all of them at once.

Even the monologue of the girl who is targeted as the killer of the astronomer can be used as a case for the white race as innocent, the guilty part would be the other races wanting to be near them.

Hey sweet a shitty thread I can hijack for a question

What do you guys think of Tobias Smollett's translation? Is it good for a first read of Don Quijote?

>We can't ignore /pol/s massive effect on the contemporary American political landscape.
Sperg-tastic post, buddy!

>/pol/
>reading

>reading anything denser than infographics would convince anyone that mass third world immigration is a good thing
???????????????

>traducciónes
Ay tío

Yeah why doesn't /pol/ just read the Huffington Post!?

archive.is/EjW7T

>why doesn't a group of permavirgin conspiratard angry neets with undiagnosed schizofrenia just read x

/pol/ isn't far right enough

>clearly not knowing that pol is a containment-board, not doing much for several years besides taking the blame for the real pols, as well as beeing an influenceable propaganda creation machine for several independent agencies

Also
>Seeing politics as something that fits into a right-left axis

>schizofrenia

/pol/ is my main board
And I've read Don Quixote
In spanish
Because it is my native language

> (OP)
>/pol/ is my main board
>And I've read Don Quixote
>In spanish
>Because it is my native language
WOW, YOU'RE SOME SORT OF SPANISH MONGREL?
YOU'VE READ DON QUIXOTE IN SPANISH???
WOAAAHHHHHHHH NICE SPOILERS DUDE

>implying /pol/ can read