Who is the Rick and Morty of literature?

Who is the Rick and Morty of literature?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TMsQnwj_e1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Land and Fisher

vonnegut or douglas adams

Hmm. Shallow nihilism, anti-tradition, science fetishism. IDK.

If you can tolerate some minor sjw shit, it is absurdist enough to be fairly hilarious.

Jasper Fforde

PKD

Adams is more like the Futurama of literature

In terms of fanbase maybe ASOIAF.

Turgenev's Fathers and Sons.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy since both are reddit tier.

Reddit: The Book

Your favorite author, or any writer I don't like.

Why is Rick and Morty shat on so much lately? I enjoy it as like adult swim entertainment, but apparently there are fans that take it to be DEEP or something?

1. The fanbase. Rick and Morty fans in my experience are the worst offenders bar none for making constant hackneyed references to the show. Online, in real life, in my dreams, there is no escape from the R&M references.
2. The latest season has been kind of hit or miss.

so literally triggered right now

You're asking why a fun cartoon that asks the viewer to suspend incredulity for a bit gets shat on by a website full of people who think that travelling for fun is fake.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

philip k dick

but i dont mind dick

I feel like I'm having a Family Guy copypasta flashback, but I can't place it.

>full of people who think that travelling for fun is fake
Well they're right.

Game of Thrones fans are worse.

My diary

Openness to experience is the personality trait most significantly associated with creative success. I hope you don't have any ambitions of being a good writer.

>Lets go to a foreign country and do the same things we always do
>Openness to experience

>2. The latest season has been kind of hit or miss.
This so much. I loved the first two seasons but wad really disappointed with the start of the new season. On the other hand episode 7 instantly was one of my favorite episodes. It was funny, random and dark humor.

kek

>1. The fanbase. Rick and Morty fans in my experience are the worst offenders bar none for making constant hackneyed references to the show. Online, in real life, in my dreams, there is no escape from the R&M references.

That's true. I make a lot references to Trailer Park Boys and I think some people think I'm really stupid because they don't get the rickyisms but I'm too lazy to explain the joke for them

>I can't possibly imagine what I would do besides my daily routine oh god I'm so boring
You're just complaining that boring people exist and sometimes go places. If you had any passion in you you'd have something that would be interesting to do somewhere besides your hometown.

Well, I went to Amsterdam to smoke weed in the city and take shrooms which I can't do that openly at home.
Also the food and landscape is a lot nicer in other parts of the world. I live in a small city in Germany and my parents at the ocean in the south of france and its like two completely different worlds.

Show retooled its writing staff under public relations pressure to be half composed of broads

Broads confuse "kernel of humor at core of show" with THIS SHOW IS ABOUT A CARTOON FAMILY RIGHT??? RIGHT? THE DAUGHTER IS PROBABLY MENSTRUATING.. WOULDNT IT BE SILLY IF SHE FOUGHT WITH HER MOM XDDD AND HER MOM WAS LIKE TOTALLY NO WAY!!! typical unfunny woman attempts at understanding male comedy by being cheap zany knockoff of the real thing

The show also is increasingly popular so now its a zany Reddit scientism show for absolute fucking retards who have nothing to constrain them from being pieces of milquetoast shit their entire lives, so the demographic constitution of the audience is now 90% people who would laugh at literally anything as long as it had the reddit normie social cues that they are supposed to laugh now like a big APPLAUSE sign, for example, more zaAaAaAny le science neil de grasse tyson nihilism XDD Science RULES dude! Nothing means anything but that means I can do whatever I want ;) I'm gonna get a tattoo of something TOTALLY RANDOM like rick and Morty campaigning to raise breast cancer awarensss EPIC for the win man :) Yo follow me on Twitter

SHow creators respond to this destruction, of the thing they orignially wrought with actual skill and effort and care, by not giving a fuck and letting its zombification take place because what else are they going to do, not make money? Break their contracts wit hthe cigar-chomping Design by Committee committee that hires HR teams to synergize its HR teams?

So they stop caring, and the show is already flattened out and thinned out to the point that normies can appreciate it anyway, making it a tepid lukewarm inoffensive paste you can only consume if you give yourself over to the numbness of allowing familiar characters light up the "hehe I am a Guy Who watches Rick and Morty" center of your prole brain, and within tthat medium of superfluous filth, the creators now allow Jewish media conglomerate tricks and schemes to filter down and be littered in it like raisins, for example they are now allowing HILARIOUS guest stars where the whole joke is HHAHA I RECOGNIZE THAT GUY XD WIL WHEATON.. I SAW HIM ON REDDIT THAT ONE TIME.. HAHAEAEHAEHA *PROLE BRAIN LIGHTS UP INDICATING BATTERY IS ACTIVE* *FUELS CAPITALISM FOR ANOTHER MICROSECOND*

Rick and Morty has become Sinister Jew slime that exists to absorb proles like an amoeba

The moment I read that article about some new female writers and how it improves the show I knew the show was fucked.

Also THE BIGGEST reason the show stopped being good, the removal of:
youtube.com/watch?v=TMsQnwj_e1Q

This but unironically

> If you had any passion in you you'd have something that would be interesting to do somewhere besides your hometown.
I am interested in going to other places. But not for the sole purpose of "fun".

Here's the thing about boring people, they get bored easily. It's always the most uninteresting people that are the first to say "I'm bored", because they aren't very good at engaging with the world. In reality there's a million interesting and meaningful things all around them, anywhere in the world at all times, but the kind of people that are really boring don't notice this. If they were able to find interesting stuff everywhere they wouldn't be boring. This is the importance of learning to appreciate your local area.

Boring people need to see new things and experience new surroundings regularly so they don't get bored because they have no insight or imagination.

lack of sex jokes

I can't get into the show. It's just so...reddit.

More like Reddit & Meddit

Ready Player One

Kerouac,
Bukowski
DFW more recently
Hipsters flock to it like moths to a flame.
Despite being genuinely decent redditors and pseuds will clamor over it like it's the best thing in the world, in effect ruining the media.
(See also; Evangelion,Swans)

why do you care what normalfags or redditors think or like?
why do you visit places where you know you will meet them?

rename the file picklenick

Because I'm a very lonely man and when someone offers me a little glimpse of friendship I'm in no position to turn it down.

>in effect ruining the media
If you think something is ruined because you don't like its fans, you need to grow the fuck up.

Rick and Morty is probably the fastest any tv show has ever jumped the shark ever.

The Simpsons took like 11 years. Rick and Morty did it by season 2.

>What is the ____ of ____?

Mods should permaban these people.

S1 of XRA was great (maybe not episode 10) but S2 was awful.

>Doesn't like s1 episode 10
>Doesn't appreciate season 2
Sorry but your opinions are objectively garbage.

This.

This is textbook why people hate R&M fans.

Agreed. Even taking apart the episodes like this is garbage.

They should be treated as basically 2 movies.

It's an "adult" show aimed at man-children. Go to r/books and pick any book.

Jesus Christ, the animations on that show are obnoxious. It's like they tried to make the characters as dumb as possible.
What's with the noodle limbs amateur animation that is so popular these days?

The pilot's good tho.

Hmmm

>so popular it must be bad all the chads and staceys like it reeee

Whats the show that the Chad side is referencing?

Xavier: Renegade Angel

Some weeb shit that only basement dwellers talk about

Condescension: the last refuge of the differently abled. Crippical.

captain planet

The Venture Bros and Ugly Americans are 10 times better than this. Even Superjail and Squidbillies are better.

Puhlease no one watches it except the exact people you say that Rick and Morty is made for. Like everything on this website: the more accessible, popular, and praised by normal human beings who actually interact with other human beings without a persona, the more it is nitpicked. Go watch your bullshit that no one else cares about loser.

This bullshit looks like it was made in the fucking GTA III engine

Yeah because this Gamecube animation is SO much better

No because a. it is named this way so I can easily find and locate the image and b. I do what I want because I'm pickle nick! WUBA LUBA TECHNOLOGICAL AI OVERLORDS!

Yes, something unique is often better than something tired out and hackneyed.

>bad animation is unique
>bad writing is unique

What a time to be alive

Vonnegut for sure

>not understanding XRA isn't designed for your preferences
Wew lad

XRA isn't bad writing at all, and the animation isn't even bad considering it adds to the humor rather than detracting from it.

Autists really go the lengths to defend some outdated nonsense that literally Saints Row II does better

I think you think the point of it is to look nice. Why do you think this?

P

It looks AND sounds like a middle school animation project. I would be sympathetic if that were the case but adults made that bullshit.

>critisizing Rick and Morty is praising XRA.
You really get upset by things like this> don't you?

>DFW more recently
>more recently

He's been dead for 9 years, user.

It's funny. That's really all that matters.

i like the animation style desu. it's got a nostalgic feel to it

This is a good post and I agree with basically all of it. It's still a pretty good show though as long as you don't take it seriously.

I'd rather watch a show made by intelligent middle schoolers than one made by retarded adults.

You’re such a fag dude

Maybe Dostoyevsky since both suggest happiness can be found through existentialism (though RnM don't bring religion into it). Both also have strong female characters

>What's with the noodle limbs amateur animation that is so popular these days?
because cal arts grads were/are the most talented animators and storytellers in the industry, and they influence/hire one another.

This more or less sums it up.

Camus
>lol I killed some Arab *burp*
>when did mom die? I don't care cuz absurdist nihilism lol xD
>no one understands me cuz i'm so cool
>we must imagine a guy pushing a rock up a hill happy otherwise wubba lubba dub dub :(

Its a copy pasta broseph

Doesn't change its accuracy. It's a great demo.

Not as upset as you fags

People who don't like Rick and Morty are weird looking spergs who don't have any friends.

No u.

Not with that attitude. If you go to Thailand and post on Veeky Forums rather than experience the culture you're better off left at home

>I've never left my neighborhood so travel is stupid

Jesus you make all Americans look bad

Nigga shut the fuck up. Doing something you enjoy somewhere else isn't a bad thing.

I also enjoy it, but it's hinting at emotional or philosophical depth it does not have, and the more overly earnest and naive fans (redditors) are writing essays, making hour long videos, etc. etc.

The show is provoking this bullshit in its fanbase, but it's largely guilt by association. They are baiting the fandom into being pretentious so that the show itself is technically clear of the charge. It involves two or three layers of sneaky bullshitting, and I don't like bullshitting.

So for example, you have bullshit feminism in the promotional stuff, but minimal bullshit feminism in the show itself.

All the while, the reddit boys crow about how progressive it says it is, and while /pol/ crows about progressive it says it is, and the normies just watch a show with minimal feminism in it.

Sneaky bullshit.

Wait you're complaining about tryhards being tryhards? How retarded are you? Clearly you didn't get bullied enough in high school.

Why is this entire site butthurt about a little show? If you don't like it don't watch it. Like the show but hate the fandom? Then don't talk about it or spergs out when you see a reference in real life.

It's a show, that'll be successful have a following then Harmon will fuck it up somehow and ruin it and will become an after thought.

Palahanuik

Harmon needs to leave. This season was supposed to be 14 episodes. He can come back for a motion picture.

adult swim is fucking trash mate. What good has it aired, Eureka SeveN, XRA, and Moral Orel?

I'm complaining about the show stoking the fire when it doesn't need to.
Well, maybe it does, financially. More attention means more ad money. Gotta get them Coldstone Shoneybucks.

I'm started to feel jewed.