Post your one sentence logline of whatever project you're working on and its genre or main themes

Post your one sentence logline of whatever project you're working on and its genre or main themes.

[biodigital fantasy, postcyberpunk, grimdark]
>A young genius, trapped on an increasingly hostile living world infected by biologically guided magic, is summoned by the Order of One to intervene in a thousand year war.

The offspring of gold diggers and successful innovators form The League of Normies.

A son of a divorced father who commits patricide and must continue to keep his fathers Co workers/friends and the local law enforcement from finding his body.

A midwestern vagabond is staying with his well-off brother in the hamptons, and decides to kill some time in one of the many art gallaries out there. It's supposed to be a satire on the upper class, specifically their out-of-touch elitism.

That could be a fun satire, assuming it isn't reeeeee: the book

Is he like preserving it..?

Would consider doing it more as a farce? I feel like the rich satire has been overdone.

Its about a group of rich kids who think their linage has made them the best of both worlds, but they are all basically average or below average.

Basically they go around misinvesting there wealth to try and make the world better, but they are so out of touch that they create things like a charity for the homeless that finds cardboard for them.

It's sort of episodic and is kind of "what if we can't reach our dreams or change the world?" But it's mostly just suppossed to be funny. Sort like sunny in philly, but the characters are more up there own ass and well funded.

The "villians" are a married couple of a well meaning investment banker and woman who has lots of expierence creating charities. They are actaully good people with a healthy family and relationship, but the MCs distrust them because they are "too perfect".

Im trying to keep the main characters likeable, but stupid.

That's a fun idea user. I hope you keep at it!

I've thought about adding more farcical elements. It's a short story, so right now I'm going for more of a Babbitt style satire than Satyricon.

Okay that could be fun. Honestly you should look into hip hop. One of the worst offenders of a group of rich people acting the exact same way, buying the same things, etc.

A Neverland-like children's fantasy world hosts a plot based around allusions to real life drug cartels and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Are these problems "resolved" or ongoing?

possibly risky question but do you have firm opinions towards one means or method of resolution?

[Fantasy, Adventure, Super Heavy Worldbuilding]
A beautiful prince on a quest to avoid responsibility and get over the death of his father.

they're resolved in the story through the only way i see possible, tenuous agreements on the back of tumultuous revolution.

[magical realism, humor with heavy reliance on alliteration and incorrect word usage]
Three stories:
>An extremely rich and internationally respected pimp is cursed by a beggar to die in 60 days
>a bloodthirsty detective gets booted from the detectives' league and now seeks a new purpose in life
>the seventh king of Moonland doesn't want his crown, and leaves his body double to rule while he aspires to romance a beautiful woman on Earth

I'll look out for it. Could be better than Animal Farm.

Like what The Sopranos does with malapropisms?

Yeah, exactly.

trio of a dentist in a marriage crisis, a granite sculpter trying to just drink his free time away, and a entrepreneur trying to live quietly while taking care of his dad with dementia

What's the subject matter? Do their stories converge?

I'm glad to see people are trying to write instead of festishizing their own sadness.

Can you be any more specific? Like, what's your hook?

Moby Dick but it's about sonic the hedgehog

Fan fiction is not Veeky Forums

Just wait. When my sister/caretaker publishes my book after I die, I'll be famous and all you guys will be so jealous

I will personally buy all 10 copies and burn them

I'm not actually planning on publishing anything, just working both for the fun of it and as a vehicle to get me interested in researching topics that I wouldn't otherwise care about. I don't like hooks in general, I just want to do a simple story as well as I possibly can. I don't want to write something like "What if it was a generic high fantasy setting but instead of wizards they have clowns." or "Magic is powered by virginity so all combat is done through creative physical and mental rape." because shit like that doesn't interest me. I just want good fundamentals.
I can't really go into any more detail without sperging out because truthfully the plot comes secondary to the worldbuilding. It's less of a hook and more than a net.
If what I'm saying sounds trite then that's okay, I really have no expectations and no aspirations. If everything I'm working on sat on my computer forever without a single living person reading it I'd be perfectly fine.
If you really wanted me to I could show some examples of worldbuilding notes and describe the main characters I've been thinking of.

I'd like to see that.

they do a little. i kinda want to just argue the purpose of labour, hobbies, and relationships. i use each character as sort of counter arguements

A young middle class directionless youth is forced to join an archaelogical expedition as a spy for a nefarious syndicate on a savage planet where society is on the verge of collapse

The purpose of these notes is to just get the concepts down so I don't have to worry about forgetting them so they read like ass in some places. My plan is to get pages like this going for every major area in the setting and then go back and do a more detailed look at each civilization. I'm doing a test run of that now with the City of False Stars and it's going great. The only problem is that my worldbuilding is more suited to tabletop or video games than an actual front to back story. None of these places are built for any sort of set plot. Also only one city was supposed to be named something like City of X but I kept doing it without thinking so I made it a naming theme for the Magma Ocean. This is just a small, pretty unimportant part of the world and not the entire setting. This page only took a couple hours start to finish to make.
If it's not completely fucking obvious by now I'm piss poor at writing using text alone, so I've always imagined the story part of the project as a comic or cartoon when working on it. So the character designs are built to be easy to draw instead of easy to describe and their personalities and purposes in the story are different than they would be in a written medium too.
In general I want the setting to be pretty bronze-agey. The size of civilization is tiny compared to to the scope and power of nature.
Here's the major characters I've been thinking of so far
Lightblade: The prince. Uses a wooden sword. Wears a golden mask that's mostly devoid of features and white robes over his armor so he looks kind of like a kendo/fencing guy or a giant egg holding a stick. He's driven and full of energy but with no focus. He's charismatic and some other word that I can't figure out the name of. His major weakness is that he is incredibly protective of his pride and can go to extreme lengths to avoid getting it injured in front of people.
Omo: Some kind of shitty robot or golem or something. She's a cute girl but also the main muscle. She's Light's bodyguard and is incredibly loyal. She's optimistic, childish and not very smart. Her main weakness is that she's constantly putting other people before herself. Her purpose in the story is basically to keep the party together.
Siobi: Basically slenderman but instead she's a cute girl. Aloof and kind of depressing to be around. She has the personality and motivation of a limp noodle and intends to keep it that way. Light takes her in as a fixer upper or something
Sage: Dude weed lmao. Token wizard, probably Light's advisor or something. He's a really nice and chill guy that can also be very smart, clever and powerful. The point where the story gets juicy is where this guy pulls some kind of last second reluctant betrayal for some sort of incredible power to change the world.
Gwen: Flamboyant nearly-omnipotent demon prince from the moon which is also hell and australia. His primary motivation as an antagonist is that Light's response to his bullying is entertaining.