Kirkland Light Lager

I went to a party and people were drinking pic related. I didn't realize that Costco made beer, but I guess it makes sense.
Does this not strike anyone else as strangely distopian?

What did it taste like?
You're only weirded out because beer is heavily brand-oriented and you fell for all the marketing.
You wouldn't even drink it if it was a commodity good like bananas or granulated sugar and all brands were effectively interchangeable.

Sam's club has it's own generic brand of whisky too

The first and only time I had one of these was at a barbershop

I don't remember, partially because it was probably pretty unmemorable, and partially because I was extremely drunk.
I guess those are both good signs when it comes to lagers though.
I don't know what "you fell for all the marketing" is supposed to mean, where I live people buy lager exclusively based upon price, and ales on taste.

go on

Cute older rockabilly-looking gal offered me a beer and gave me one of the best haircuts I've ever had

like any other shitty cheap light beer

Why is it anymore dystopian than store brand potato chips or store brand frozen pizza?

99% Costco brand beer is made by Elysium in Seattle.

I know their Kirkland brand vodka is made by Grey Goose.

Gordon Biersch and Saranac/Matt Brewing have also had beer contracts with Costco.
Bufflo Trace makes their bourbon.
More /out/ related but Smartwool used to make their wool socks and I'm pretty sure their hiking poles are made by the same company that makes REI's because the parts are interchangeable.

Buffalo trace is one of my favorites. I only live an hour from Saranac lake so I drink their ipa often. Unfortunately we don't have a costco here just a sams club and bjs

in my experience most beer is pretty interchangeable between brands
wine and other stuff is a bit different but I'm not too into those kinds of alcohol
I should try some, gotta remember next time I go to costco

How is it dystopian?

>beer can only be good if it's made by some neckbeard in his basement, sold in growlers, and available only seasonally for short periods of time via word of mouth
>nothing from Costco can ever be bad
Looking forward to watching Veeky Forums have a stroke over this apparent contradiction

>Does this not strike anyone else as strangely distopian?
not everyone drinks a beer to drown their sorrows you cunt, go back to fullsail university

Explain your reasoning for it feeling dystopian.

>dystopian

Why? A price club has its own beer. Who cares

>Costco made beer,

They don't, they contract with whatever brewery will give them a good price on a batch of a determined recipe and quality. Same with their "scotch", their vodka, their tequila, and everything else.

It's just the same old "private label"/"store brand" generics that have been around since the 1950s.

There's some very interesting antitrust caselaw in the U.S. about store brands and labels, BTW. The whole industry nearly got regulated out of business back in the 1960s, but label printing technology got computerized and became a shitload of a lot less costly, so it survived.

>very interesting antitrust caselaw
For a certain value of "interesting", anyway.

>fullsail university
Fucking kek. About a decade ago on LinkedIn, some pathetic twit was wanting answers about going to law school because he had a degree in videography from Full Sail and got great grades so he thought he was some sort of genius.

Why did you put scotch in quotation marks?

what an absolute nigger

I love generic shit actually, it's heavily marketed brands that piss me off.

Just package a good and put the description on there, that's all I need. It has a comfy ugly pragmatic vibe to it.

i think op is referencing omnipresent megacorporations that are usually in dystopian cyberpunk settings

it won't really be dystopian until walmart buys out costco, bjs, coca cola, and budweiser.

nice, it that actually sold like that or a meme can?

desu budweiser and heineken are more dystopian than a generic budget lager

I guess. Not living in a shanty town built on the Golden Gate bridge, or jetsetting through Chiba, BAMA, Istanbul and Freeside with a cybernetically augmented girl tend to make me view the world through a non cyberpunk prism.

It used to be apparently. Its a retired brand that was made by Pabst.

irl cyberpunk doesn't have the aesthetic of course because it would upset normies.

we have all the structures of cyberpunk in place but nothing looks cool. truly the worst of both worlds.