So now that we can make identity politics bait threads...

So now that we can make identity politics bait threads, what do you think of this literary figure and his racist and problematic quote:
>At this point we leave Africa, not to mention it again. For it is no historical part of the World; it has no movement or development to exhibit…What we properly understand by Africa, is the Unhistorical, Undeveloped Spirit, still involved in the conditions of mere nature, and which had to be presented here only as on the threshold of the World’s History.

I will never read Hegel again. Did in impact your appreciation of Hegel's literature and philosophy? For me it's racism and unacceptible.

someone please make another thread like these about women, so we've got the big three sorted

There is a really interesting reason for his saying this, and it is basically tied to what we knew of Africa in those days as well as what Hegel's philosphical method is about.

Hegel says Africa is not part of history in the sense of intellectual history. At that time there was virtually no one that thought we had ever received any world-historical ideas or cultural developments from Africa. No idea of freedom, no idea of God, no idea of ethics, no mathematical concept—nothing at all. Now, people for a while, and still now, point out that they think it's stupid that somehow Egypt peculiarly is not considered African and thus it gets recognized as part of Western history but not an African contribution. Now, I know fuck all about this debate, so I don't know.

What I do know, however, is that for all Africa did have and could have, it remains true that Africa is as a cultural part of Western society a nonexistent entity except for its contribution to Western modern music. Yes, Africa has clearly been part of experienced world history, but for the vast part not in an active role beyond Egypt. I'm sure that through Egypt we likely got some things from deep mainland Africa, but historians are the ones to let us know that.

Please post something more redpilled next time.

Egypt is not a historically black place. It just feels disingenuous to call Egyptians Africans. Is Camus considered African? Is Augustine?

are you retarded? Africa is a fuckhuge continent. North Africans look levantine/arab, subsaharans are ethiopians and darker.

read history.

How about Neetchee's idea that niggers suffered less than white people because they were stupider?

Camus was of French descent and considered himself Algerian. Augustine was from a Berber family that spoke Latin and regarded themselves as Romans. Can't they be considered both European and African, whatever those meaningless terms mean?

Identifying someone by the continent on which they live is fucking retarded. The earliest Egyptians came out of Nubia and if you look at their own depictions of themselves you can clearly see they had "black features". Not that that even matters because they belong to one of the hundreds of haplogroups common to the continent. Plotinus was as genetically different from Augustine as he was from his own Nubian slaves.

Sorry for the rant. "Ancient Egypt wasn't black" is just my least favorite dog-whistle.

>For me it's racism and unacceptible.

Man up, there's worst things in life. A racist can still produce insightful material whether you find them racist or not.

It's not a dog-whistle, they weren't black, the earliest Egyptians had nothing to do with the valuable, interesting part of their history.

hegel's pretty spot on

can Hegel seriously be labeled a racist if this was the predominant ideology of his time? Isn't this what he is essentially all about, that truth is normative or contingent? Isn't it possible in 200 years that they look back at our time as equally inflammatory and racist even though we are "enlightened" now. Even our most generous and rational intellectuals like Hegel? How is this not a truism. After writing this I'm not even sure racism is even a clear concept or necessarily pejorative.

He's like Evola, an idealist racist. His racism arguments are timeless regarding his system. Honestly he probably has a greater disgust for Chinese and Indians than nigs. Where do you think zizek has his anti-east points from?

makes u think for sure

>200 years
Try 10. Think how far trans acceptance has come in the past 5 years alone. In 10 we might be making child sex bots for pedophiles. The march of "progress" can't stop. TERFs were/are a good recent historical example. Berniebros kind of apply too.

Didn't Europeans know virtually nothing about Africa and the Far East in the early 19th century?

why wouldn't we want pedo's to fuck robots instead of kidnapping kids? seems like a win win to me

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. They didn't ask to be pedophiles. I'm just saying that right now it's too taboo to talk about. When society stops seeing them as monsters and tries to understand that they are sick humans that need help they won't look back on us kindly. Or maybe they'll be like trans people and it'll stop being seen as a mental illness and we will just let them fuck kids. Maybe they'll only be able to fuck kids that consent. All I'm saying is "progress" happens. Things we don't think twice about today will be the reasons we're monsters to the future.

>someone please make another thread like these about women

Doesn't Hegel say the same thing about women? That they need to stay in the domestic so that men can attain the universal?

Hegel is right though.

people are already talking about the ethics behind letting pedo's have loli robots, i remember reading about it maybe a month ago when someone got his robots held at the border. the gentrification isn't too far away now

>Identifying someone by the continent on which they live is fucking retarded.
You know what's even more retarded? Disingenuously and facetiously pretending as if when people say "Africa" they mean "the African landmass" and not "Bantu societies".

lol we're doing Hegel in class right now and read this passage. Nobody in the class nor does the professor seem to think it's racist. I love going to a uni that isn't full pink hair SJW freaks

Wow a libby realizes that his maximum tolerant pre 21th century intellectuals actually don't want their countries swarmed and destroyed by non-whites, truly an enlightening observation

if you went back in time and called Columbus or Hegel or whoever a racist they would laugh at you. If you're going to determine who was racist in the past based on today's litmus test for racism, everyone before the civil rights act would score literally Hitler

This. They didn't knew back then that black people actually created white people through Yakub, but now they are learning and it is beautiful!

>muh nubians

didnt create the pyramids, didnt do shit

the dogwhistle is right

no, and faggots who make these threads are guilty of anachronistic thinking

>be the nubians, the last dynasty
>have everything made for you and you still manage to completely destroy one of the longest and strongest empires
dem cavedwellers and shietz yo my nigga destroyin our melaning superpowers