Best camping food. Go

Best camping food. Go.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1516440219743.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Deenz and jerky. French bread. Anything canned that might be good cold.

Beans and/or chili

camping is gay

The big bear that you wrestled to the ground and destroyed with manliness. Eat him raw.

This one?

yes

iodine pellets
activated charcoal (the black/burnt logs not yet ash, soak them in water)
garlic
onions
citrus

any and all dried foods

my boyfriends dick (´・ω・`)

get out of the road asshole

>when the soyboy goes camping

What about activated almonds

Meat and cans of meat-containing products
Also flour so you can make bannock

>laying in the back of your car in the god damn road is camping

>I parked on some gravel road nearby, opened the back of my crossover, laid out some camping gear, laid down, then got out a irrelevant map and took a picture
I'd bet you $50 this guy has a intensely manicured beard

I just make up a few non perishable hobo packs ahead of time ( that would be ok for 2 days or so) or I'll do potatoes and jerky, oranges and peanut butter crackers.

>camping wearing houseslippers
Have you ever walked on any terrain that wasn't covered in concrete or asphalt?

Gee bill why do you have two cameras

This. God damn this triggered me. What a faggot.

because this numale fuckboi can't instagram off his film camera unless he actually knows how to focus, set aperture, and shutter speed for the conditions and then waits until he can get it developed, and then scans it in.

you've never been on a forest service road have you

no skins!

i've eaten lots of dutch oven cobblers, crumbles, and other cake-like things. always sloppily prepared with no real recipe.
and i've liked them all.

more elegant picture

kek

nice suede shoes faggot

no wonder he doesn't dare to get out of his car

>camping im dress shoes
What a cuck

Uh yeah nice attempt to make this about food & cooking but we'd rather complain about numales if you don't mind

>they dont want to go on week long adventures with their car miles away from any sort of help
god that sounds super comfy tbqh
too bad the guy is a soy boy in the picture thought

theres a big difference between what you can make when youre camping next to your car and what you can carry when youre hiking and in the middle of nowhere.

bought a tiny ass charcoal grill that fits in my pack for next time, gonna keep it simple: hot dogs (no bread), an onion, and some instant ramen and miso soup packets to make in a metal cup. all that sodium is like a hot Gatorade. also, a 5 dollar bottle of liquor.

it depends where you go as well. I used to go to a camping site where they had a supermarket and a food station at the camping entrance site so they had everything there. other then that you can take a whole cooked meal or fast food and reheat it with aa built fire. Ive done it before.

other then that you can get beef jerky and simplistic fucking snacks to get you by. if you're going camping with other people you might have to bring extra snacks

So Everyone's favorite food when we all go camping is bacon and eggs. But you can only eat it day two or three and you need unwashed eggs and cured bacon. By far the best possible meal you can have camping. Wake up hung over and you get all that beautiful fat and protein. God nothing tastes better. Close second is a big fat porterhouse steak on the fire.

mm some oranges too

Soy boi spotted its faggots like you that have ruined camping

If you can afford to be drunk while innawoods it's not camping, it's a soyboy excursion

alcohol duh

if you can't afford to be drunk innawoods get a fucking job loser.

if I went camping i'd bring beef and onions and salsa and tortilla chips and cheddar and make nachos for din din

get a roasting stick with two prongs that are close together, put a marshmallow on both prongs, and squeeze a piece of chocolate between them. then, wrap croissant role dough around the two marshmallows. slow roast over the fire until it's a golden brown, do it slowly so the contents inside can melt. when done, dip in butter and put a sugar and cinnamon coat over it. that's how you make a diabeetus delight.

Calorically and on a level of survival. It means you're spending a day or two in the woods like an overprivileged cocksucker and not camping for 2 weeks plus. Get a life.

>camping for 2 weeks plus

this would be a fucking dream

hardtack n deenz

Best for car camping

Everclear you faggot.

>car
>camping

>not camping for two years
no you get a life faggot

Mountain house hands down makes the best long term freeze dried food.

>has time to camp for 2+ weeks
I miss being a NEET.

I was drunk when i killed these moose on a two week hunting trip, fuck you faggot.

>potentially interesting thread ruined by a couple faggota dickwaving about how long they can survive in tents

Stay classy, Veeky Forums

This thread never had potential on it's own.

yeah, it was pretty much a poorly executed jerky thread

This is an aesthetic pic. I like it.

If you're going UL then Mountain House is great stuff.

If you're car camping just bring whatever you would make at home and some cast irons; everything tastes better when cooking and eating it outdoors.

Looks good but fuck carrying cast iron and a brazier around just for comfy food

Wouldn't the sugar get really stuck on the bottom of the pan making it difficult to clean and mean you can't use it for something savory?

Depends on the type of camping of course. In threads about camping I see people talk about cast iron dutch ovens etc. and I'm guessing they drive their car right up to the campsite.
When I go camping, which is sadly rare now, it involves a lot of hiking too so we want to keep the food lightweight.
We usually plan the trip to take us near freshwater sources so we don't have to carry all our water with us.
We usually only carry a Mugg, pic related, a spork, a metal one, and a lightweight camping pot. The handle on it is the steel wire arch that lets you hang the pot over the fire. You can get a cheap used pot from goodwill for a dollar, though. And we have knives of course.

Breakfast will usually be hot oatmeal with some dried fruit for sweetness.
For bread we just carry flour. Plain wheat or maybe with a little rye mixed in. You can easily make delicious flatbreads on hot rocks with just flour and water.
Sometimes we hunt/fish and rely on that for protein. Otherwise we bring dried or salted meats that don't require refrigeration. Some like chorizo works fine without a fridge and adds some taste to the food.
The main bulk of dinner will be rice or lentils. Again; you can carry a lot of meals this way as long as water is freely available.

We bring spices and herbs, usually just all mixed together in one of those plastic canisters 35 mm. film is sold in. And a separate canister with salt.

You can fry meats or make stews in just the pot or you can can put the meat on a stick and fry it over the campfire.
I've been trying to think of a good way to transport raw eggs that keeps them from breaking without taking up too much weight or space.
Since we've been camping the same general areas for years we also know where to pick some berries etc. to liven up the oatmeal further. We never got around to sowing some herbs or maybe carrots and onions, but we thought about it. Would have been fun to sow the seeds in spring and enjoy the harvest later same year. Ah well.

Sugar is the easiest thing ever to clean. Just boil some water in the pan and even the most caramelized sugar will dissolve and can be poured right out.

This or just mix some years with lukewarm water and cover the sugar in that, then give it some time. Works a charm.

>get a life
>brags about being an antisocial innawoods autist fuck for 2+ weeks at a time

i fucking hate "hardcore campurrrr" faggots like you. i'm going to bring twice as much booze next time i go camping just to spite you, you retarded cunt.

I just bring a bunch of mountain house meals and supplement it with cliff bars, trail mix, sardines, kippers and hunter's sausage.

They have little hard case egg carriers for backpacking. My buddy has one. Seems to work pretty well and protect the eggs. I usually go out in the winter, so we can bring quite a bit of meat and it'll be just fine for at least a day or 2. Usually throw some bacon for breakfast and/or summer sausage for the 1st morning or a steak for dinner the night of as a treat. After that, usually salted meats and whatever other random stuff we decide to pack that trip. Usually I'll make my own little MRE packs. Some dried noodles, small candy bars, salted meat, etc for a somewhat rounded and filling meal. Super light as well.

Yeah, whatever user. Not all of us want to spend the weekend we get off every once in a while hiking into the wilderness with whatever we can carry in our ruck and roughing it every time.

Sometimes, I just want to drive up into the mountains, build a fire by a stream, set my cooler on the bank, and just relax.

I would like to thank each of you personally for this bounty of (You)s.

>nice cool spring evening
>fire crackling, stream burbling nearby
>big bowl of beef stew and some whitebread toasted over the fire

maximum comfy, dinty moore is the best canned stew available.

Well, I'm a fucking idiot for not looking up if something like that existed. Thanks!

Also yeah, I didn't have post space to mention raisins, nuts, candy bars etc. for eating on the go. If you really are hiking all day with a lot of gear on your back you should have some candy really.

Surprised more people haven't advocated the establish base camp, kike for a day or 3, replenish supplies, rince repeat until you're done. Cast iron, iodine pellets, charcoal , 1.5 gallons per person per day. MREs, jerky, trail mix. Star maps are pretty fun l.

Favorite spots to go to? Big Bend and zion are my favorite cuz they're both about 12 hours from my house. Mammoth springs gets a solid nod.

Fresh bread
Potatoes baked in the coals
Deenz or meat that you can roast over the fire
Coffee and tea
S&P

Dessert Ingredients:
a small can of pineapple chunks
butter (bring enough to put on the potato too)
brown sugar

open the can, eat a few chunks and drain a little juice to make room. Add the butter and brown sugar and set it back in the coals with the lid on to keep ashes out. Stir occasionally and let it caramelize.

>kike for a day or 3
get lost Rabbi

chocolate risotto ofc

>not living off the land like nature intended

Did he died?

You're annoying, you know that?

Depends how you're traveling. When I go backpacking I survive on deenz, oatmeal, peanut butter, granola bars, nuts/seeds, ramen, and mashed potatoes. Also spam sometimes, for more calories.

If you're going heavy though, like by canoe or truck/atv/horse or whatever, definitely take real food. Meat, beans, vegetables, and so on. Also live off the land as much as possible. Catch fish, hunt small game, collect fruit and shit.

Making a note of peanut butter and mashed potatoes. Assuming you mean the powdered ones.
Ramen takes up too much space for my liking but it's lightweight so if you can fit it in the backpack I guess you might as well.
Also powdered soups, although I treat those as a nice hot drink rather than food. Your meals should have some calories in them.

Is it a stupid idea to go camping for the first time in a long time, and in a new area, on your own?

He should have just laid down on the ground. Play dead. At least it wasn't a grizzly.

Sounds like a great idea. Just tell the park ranger where you're going and when you intend to come back.

My default camping group is my brother-in-law, my best friend who was a Marine for 8 years, his friend who was also a Marine and our neighbor.

My bro-law-law used to be a geologist in China so he's basically used to roughing out in the wilderness for extended periods of time, he always bring freeze dried meals, canned fish and dried fruit, the marines always bring MRE's and energy bars, my neighbor and I usually bring bacon, eggs in those hard plastic containers, sausages and rice and beans premixed in bags. Thanks to Veeky Forums I have converted them all into the way of the /deenz/

>Being able to do nothing for two weeks
>not overrprivileged
who are these retards taking over these boards?

I'm keen to get into hiking, weight and space seem to be a bit of an issue when it comes to feeding yourself on the go.
I think fruit and trail mix would be ok but I'd still like to eat a substantial meal before sleeping.

>eat a few chunks and drain a little juice to make room
you motherfucker stop copy and pasting your recipe for grilled pineapple you've been doing it forever.

nigga wtf are you talking about
i think i shared this recipe one single time a few months ago

Cheers bud! Candy bars are wicked energy kicks. Where are ya located?

No idea what kinda camping you;re doing. Backpacking, car camping? How far is your trip. you want to let someone else know your timeline either way, assuming you're just out there kicking it.

I take hot dog,roast. Wrap in croissant, roast. That canned shit has purpose now.

continued

So with our mish mash of food supplies, we'd make things like fisherman's eggs, bacon "fried" skillet rice, eggs and hash if someone brought potatoes, or just baked potatoes, had a couple of interesting meals from the MRE's my friends brought: MRE ravioli with jalapeno cheedar spread and hot sauce...

well you already posted it once then stop repeating yourself

Hardtack. Litterally flour water and salt and it never goes bad

did the guns trigger u or was it the /pol/ patch that hurt your feelings?

no its the fact you wrote the exact same stupid ass eat a few chunks then leave room faggotry. don't fucking tell me when to eat pineapple.

you're the kind of faggot that doesn't eat deenz.
go be butthurt about my guns somewhere else

They have turnouts, gated roads, passing areas and a whole plethora of other places you can pull over and get the fuck out of the road here in the Mt Hood wilderness. The only people that don't use them are the guys in $50,000 lifted trucks that are afraid to scratch the clearcoat, and dumbass subaru moms who think everywhere with dirt is an extension of their backyard.

hahaha fucking idiot. Like an arrow would stop that bare

ITT: people who cant contribute to the thread probably have never been camping and have to others soyboy because they can’t think of an original argument or insult.

Dinty moore beef stew

Please don't feed the wildlife.
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1516440219743.webm

You have to add that shit to your eggs in the morning then you have the best camping food
Yeah camping is only enjoyable for a week tops after that it's just a pain in the ass. Soyboy boyscouts need to shut the fuck up about how "tough" they think they are.

those are clearly casual suede oxford or derby shoes you retard

this

you're a fucking idiot
>brown stay down
>black get back
black bears will eat your fucking corpse