Do artists still have muses?

Do artists still have muses?

I'm sure some do, but I'd call anyone who needs external motivation to conduct their work a hack.

Artists do art because they have to do art to be themselves, not because of some other person.

You are my muse, Veeky Forums

No, because women used their newfound freedom to embrace ignorance and vulgarity. Essentially, they became men. When they still had a sense of femininity it was possible to take inspiration from their quiet dignity and compassion. But now that they are crude and loud and greedy, there is very little to appreciate

I suppose it is still possible for a very feminine man with low standards to take inspiration from women, but even they are eventually forced to acknowledge the deep inadequacy of modern girls

My muse is named Alcohol. Do you know this bitch?

I wonder (((who))) sold all those hats

>implying it's possible not to be yourself

They knitted them themselves.

oh haha

>Feminists
>Knitting
Wow, expecting liberated women to partake in such an antiquated and classically feminine skill

Drugs essentially have taken the role.

You're an idiot or too young to be making such a broad statement. Go back to lurking

What a baseless, ignorant post.

>I'd call anyone who needs external motivation to conduct their work a hack.

Not necessarily. Another phrase for "muse" is "role model." Almost anyone with some kind of ambition has one.

Put Tony Abbot in charge of European maritime defence please.

Yes. I didn't think so until I found her. It's not in her "angelic beauty" or in some obsession about her. It's the replication of intelligence and creative ambition that drives me to be better, to do more, if only to be able to explore new thoughts and ideas with her.

>People who unironically say "I have writer's block" and believe they're writers.

>Petrarch, Dante and Shakespeare were not real artists
You're dense.

I forgot to check the replies in the previous thread about muses

>I'm sorry that you're incapable of love, user.
>You have to prove your worth.
>Women have inspired the physical toils, why not the mental as well?
That answers my question then, the "muse" is just the person you're writing in order to impress. I see.
That seems a bit sad.

Muse is just a nice word for groupie

Oh I guess Homer is a fucking hack then. I think the platonic dialogue you are looking for is Ion.

First post worst post

The Muses exist to inspire. Women have driven men to make exemplary works of art for much of history.

>women wearing the ears of beasts
>the only male in clear sight is wearing a crown
poetic

>all females living today are obnoxious man-hating feminists

Sure, but in a materialist age like this, they keep it a secret.

I don't have a muse but I have plenty of sweet audience pucci

Lots of filmmakes do. Take Lynch for example, whose sole reason for doing Twin Peaks S3 was so he could put Chrysta Bell as a main character and fuck her every day.

I'm sure they do, but they can't state it publicly without being vilified as a sexist.

I do , only issue is that its 2d desu

I'm an artist and I have a muse (see pic).

I'd say so, yes. I once wrote an anonymous poem for a girl i felt moved by. but unironically, this

Muse is just the personification of inspiration. Of course artists still have muses.

Yeah they text each other

Modern women aren't really like men though.

Literally the only muse who will never abandon you.
We love you too, user

Absolutely. Mum all the ways and means of 'imagination'.

Some.

You don't understand what a muse is you goon.

Neither do you.

Is that tom verlaine?

Aww.