What does ck think about the future?

What does ck think about the future?
recode.net/2018/1/21/16914188/amazon-go-grocery-convenience-store-opening-seattle-dilip-kumar

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen's_arrest#United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mobileposter
kys

would definitely be more likely to go to one of those than a 7eleven

FPBP

I love the future. I never want to interact with any cashiers ever again. The future is a wonderful heavenly place.

>customers grab items and just walk out without stopping to pay

But blacks have done this for years

I can't wait to get billed for things I didn't buy because their entire security strategy involves cameras and facial recognition pointed in every direction.

This is actually really disappointing, I expected something more high tech from a cashless, cashierless store.

>Walk in with a hoodie
>Scan your phone
>Take off hoodie

It actually looks pretty good. I can see it filled with overpriced shite from looking at the picture though.

Niggers will ruin it, why else open it in a super white area?

Faraday cage bags and lots of free food?

>remove cashiers
>now have to hire security guards so people don't just hop the turn style

It will lose money and they will never report it and just eat the cost. Visit in the first few weeks and get fed for free

This.

They will either
A) have it be a massive loss to them but since they are amazon they can afford it for namesake and open it in a few very crime safe places in select areas
B)have massive loss and only leave this one open for a few years then close it after everyone's forgotten it and never discuss it again

The 1%

>no disgusting indian/paki with shit on his hands to touch my products
>no illiterate third world FOB to try to steal my change like I can't add
>that many more niggers unemployed
10/10 would give Amajew my shekels.

>scan phone to enter
>tfw no data

i can see jeff bezos face as he sits across the street in his militarized humvee, watching the line build before it opens.

its all black people. biggie smalls blasting, pants around ankles. fights. drug dealing. abandoned strollers while baby mamas get they nails did.

not one of them has any cash on their person, but who can confront them about it? its 2018!

this will never work in a non-white area.

actually yeah... that would pretty much do it.

Where did all these pol posters coming from? It hasn't even opened yet and people are saying it won't work in economic troubled areas or minority communities? Fuck off

>poor people dont steal!!

There's a supermarket near me which has had self checkout lanes for years, then came a noticeable increase of ethnic minorities, shortly afterwards they put cameras directly above every checkout point and increased security but I'm sure this is purely coincidence and nothing to do race.

>can't get in through turn style without swiping your phone and getting face recognized

Back to pol

>one guy legitimately gets in and opens the exit door so others can come in.
why are you so naive?

hell I am naive to think they would legit come in. Just jump over the turn styles with dat nigga jump.

>has human ID checkers for booze
>has people upkeeping the shop

Couldn't you IDK just hire 2 cashiers then?

That's why they chose to test it in the bronx, and not an area with 90% White or Asian.

kek

Amazon are culturally appropriating!

>cuts down on operating costs
>doesn't force autists like me to interact with people
>easy

Yeah, it should be cool.

you have that much trouble at a cashier checkout?

But why hire cashiers?

we have had those for years where I live, stop living in the past!

>only sell regional stuff
>wind up having same stuff as other stores
>literally no different
Why would I bother

>walk in without my phone
>grab everything i want
>walk away without paying

Honestly I avoid it as much as I can. I fucking hate how at places like Trader Joe's, there is no self-checkout and the clerks are apparently required to make smalltalk with you in the form of commenting on your purchases. Why yes, I do know that I'm only buying wine and frozen dinners, don't fucking rub it in.

>security, police, and other employed populace goes up
>fuckers stop stealing and less legitimate people get shot because companies realize trash damages their bottom-line
Every-body wins. And before someone points out laws protecting thieves and expenses in prison; if it costs companies as well as the general population than the garbage would go.

It won't let you in without idin'g you on your phone first

>obscure identity
>wait for someone to walk in
>rush in and steal as much as you can
>run
Wow that was hard.

it cant legaly stop me from leaving, thats kidnapping
>police inside the supermarket

I forgot a step.
>laugh like all hell because everything you just stole got charged to that fag's phone
They're going to have to pay cops to sit outside. I don't see it working.

They won't let you in the first place. You have to authenticate BEFORE entering.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen's_arrest#United_States
Derp.

>Someone calling the cops or an automated system reporting shit isn't probable cause.
Extra derp.

You're already having to hire someone to check ID's why not just make them ring shit up

Not him but that barely even matters because a thief would just have to wait for someone else to authenticate BEFORE entering.

I just want to point out to all the idiots in the thread that think they can pull a fast one by doing X, all you're doing is making Amazon's AI stronger.

>hopes the little gate thing
>grabs shit
>runs out

Whoa...

Surely Amazon didn't think of something so simple that a common thief could figure it out.

Come on, user...

Is it like some kind of meme to post mobile screen shots when your battery is below 10%

You guys forget that these places will be opening in neighborhoods that will be lacking white and black niggers.

This shit is probably just for asian markets that amazon wants to sell. This would never work in the states unless you only put them in ultra rich white people town

you cant prove im trying to steal anything until i attempt to leave the store without paying and still then a store locking me inside isnt a citizen arrest and a store locking anyone inside is ilegal, also they would have to implement emergency exits and i could just leave through one

it is purely coincidence you paranoid fuck, they've done that even with the high end locations I visit

As someone who worked grocery front end for 5 years this. You can only intimidate, and even then you have to be careful. Until they physically leave the store you can't do shit, even then options are limited outside calling the police.

It's an automated system. It sees you leaving and anything you're carrying from the store gets charged to your card.

Again.

>hop over the little gate, or follow someone in
>grab shit
>run

While this can still happen today, the presence of a person there deters a lot of it. Amazon literally forgot to equate that in, it's assuming that everyone has morals and such to do the right thing. Not ogga booga give me dat purple drank homie

What happens if I want to go in with my friends for some beer, snacks and stuff; but only I want to pay. If they swipe in and help me hold stuff do they just get charged for touching it, or do I have to tell them to wait outside in whatever the weather is while I get shit.

better yet
>swipe a credit card
>take everything you want
>never get prosecuted because there's nobody there to enforce it

>It sees you leaving
I'd be more worried about this. You take a video with your smart-phone lately? That looks like a ton of stills from a top of the line camera from just a few years ago. I doubt Amazon would cheap out on security cameras.

Given several of them and video footage, wouldn't a 3-D image of your pretty face be easy to post?

How would they stop a person or group of people from forcing their way in after someone has authenticated to get in or force an innocent bystander to help let them in?

This isn't a normal store. If you swie in a bunch of people guess who's going to be charged for the shit they took?

There is an AI monitoring everyone in the store via cameras. Anything stupid you folks do will eventually be known by the AI.

Make an alarm go off if somebody jumps the gate. Make the person you followed pay for anything you steal, so that you're basically stealing from him which he will stop you from doing.

I'm pretty sure this is one of the real hurdles to these type of AI-run stores: niggers.

>Make an alarm go off if somebody jumps the gate.
Oh no I can't wait for to do something!
>Make the person you followed pay for anything you steal, so that you're basically stealing from him which he will stop you from doing.

If he followed you in and never swiped, how is he going to be charged for anything? You would get charged, then have to call amazon before you could leave the store with anything.

>If you swie in a bunch of people guess who's going to be charged for the shit they took?

I'm all for innovation but if the wheel is working why 'fix' it. "hey guys pile everything on me so when I walk out it only charges me, hope I don't drop this shit on the way out"

The intent for the store is for small, quick purchases (much like those at a 7/11) not for your weekly grocery shopping. It is not expected for the prospectic customer to be buying large quantities of stuff.

You know how I know you live near niggers? Because everything you worry about involves niggardly behavior ruining everything.

It's reality man, why do you think then only intend to open this ONE store in a VERY white area with low crime?

>“There are no plans to...introduce this technology in any of the other physical settings that we have.”

This will fail the second teenagers realize they can basically get away scott free

There is no such thing in today's world.

The Amazon store near me is a huge disappointment, so I expect this to be similar.

Seriously, it's fucking awful. They remove price tags to be trendy, so everything is a huge hassle and you need to scan a QR code in order to see how much something costs. They put the books facing cover out so there are only like three on a shelf, which makes the overall selection terrible. They don't even have a fucking Amazon locker there so it's not even useful for shipping and returns.

>If he followed you in and never swiped, how is he going to be charged for anything? You would get charged, then have to call amazon before you could leave the store with anything.

Yes. You get charged for what he steals. And just like you don't let people pick your pocket, you're not going to let him take it.

>That's why they chose to test it in the bronx, and not an area with 90% White or Asian.
You know Amazon's fucking headquarters is in Seattle, right? Obviously they'd test it there.

Amazon has invented the automat

>And just like you don't let people pick your pocket, you're not going to let him take it.

How, if you touch him he can claim assault. He hasn't technically stolen from you till he leaves the store and bolts. By the time you know what happened it's too late. "P-please sir you have to stop!"

I could see this working in airports where it would be fine, but for literally anything else it is 2 steps back. There is nothing to deter a would be robber or any meaningful benefit to this.

Like this, it's mostly a PR stunt that overall has no practical benefit over existing methods.

>implying this isn't an exercise to train Amazon's AI
>implying that the loses from theft won't pale in comparison to real life situations the AI can learn from in real time
>implying that stealing won't just make the AI stronger at nominal cost to a corporation that already has a market cap in the tens of billions

ITT: dumb niggers who genuinely think amazon hasn't thought of basic security measures for shoplifting

I know. And all they have to do is steal a rich person's phone to get access to the place. What could go wrong????????

What could Amazon do to stop this you retarded double nigger?

What does a regular store do to stop people from walking in, grabbing a bunch of things, and walking out without paying?

In my country we cut off the hands of thieves so this isn't an issue but in another country the shops are more vulnerable to being preyed upon for their registers. This store's whole gimmick is more enticing to rob than a regular store.

>they try to cut off my arm
>leave
What could they possibly do to me then?

It's also purely a coincidence that my local grocery store introduced self checkouts a year ago and has removed them as of a month ago when the area suddenly got very enriched and vibrant

I work in an Amazon fulfillment center and they have a prototype of these things in the break room.
It's all right. Can't complain.

If you leave in my country and try to avoid having your hand cut off we find you, drag you from your home and burn it in front of you. Then cut your hand off.

What country muslimbro?

They probably don't tell or do anything about the failure/fault rate and have someone monitoring the camera/transactions which NEGATES the benefit.

Even without urban markets, self checkout has an increase in loss rate that in undeniable
>oh someone forgot to put the milk in the cart and gramps hired to watch didn't notice?
whoops!
>someone rang up apples as lettuce?
Who's to know!

The best thing about self check-outs is that you can get away with putting items inside of other items.

>and have someone monitoring the camera/transactions which NEGATES the benefit.
Amazon ALWAYS has security at their sites, so that's a non-issue. It's just adding one more duty to staff they're already hiring. And you're severely underestimating how expensive employees are. You're paying for quite a bit on top of their wages. If it saves even one employee, that's over 1000 dollars of theft per week they can deal with and still come out ahead.

I'm saying that in a practicle application if they were to open multiple stores, have 1 person to monitor + one to check ID's would be pointless because then you could just have two cashiers. Ya know, like most 711's and such

>They probably don't tell or do anything about the failure/fault rate and have someone monitoring the camera/transactions which NEGATES the benefit.
Ostensibly, you can get fired for stealing a pack of gum. But that requires time and money to go and look back at footage. They have been people who got fired the first day for stealing shit. Yes, they were niggers.

Don't they all have weight sensors

how is this any different than stealing from a regular supermarket, except now you have to sneak in behind someone

its not like supermarkets have very dilligent loss prevention teams. if anything it'll be harder to get away with it here due to an increased reliance on cameras for security

I'm saying if that if the software doesn't charge or some glitch happens they probably don't make it wide spreadly known

And I'm telling you that Amazon already has a vast security team in place. 1 person to monitor + 1 person to check IDs are already hired by Amazon's Business Assurance Center and would just take on a small number of additional duties for no additional pay. I am speaking from experience as a site supervisor for security for an Amazon warehouse in Woburn.

I just grab a bag and put the item directly into the cart after scanning it. I've never had an employee say anything or the machine telling me it absolutely had to be in the bagging thing. Plus if you're smart and use a big enough container you can't fit it into the bagging area anyways.

More like where did all the fags like you come from.

Seriously.

Amazon fucked up.

Shouldn't have bought Whole Foods.

Buying Costco would have made more sense

what's it like being so fucking oblivious

>walk in
>phone battery dies
what do

It's the middle of the night, you've already jerked off and drunk all the booze, your phone is about to die from surfing YLYL threads until you can fall asleep. The thought takes you that this is the best time to shitpost across all boards.

Prove me wrong.

This is what I thought too, would work in something like korea or japan but not here