What am I supposed to do with this thing?

What am I supposed to do with this thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iB1XxjDjb24&ab_channel=ochikeron
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You should file down the bolster.

generally you cut food with it. in a pinch it can be used as a stabbing weapon

cut urself

slit my throat for me

What even is?

you fuckers I'm talking about konjac not the knife

Try to eat it and choke to death when it lodges in your throat.

Serve it with cold somen and dipping soup. It's flavourless jelly. I had some success marinating it in soy sauce and shit, but I used the white kind. It came out looking real pretty, but still basically flavourless.

Why would you buy it without some plan to use it? Are you a dumb weeb?

Serve it to King Enma, tis his favourite food.

Ah

Stick it in my asshole

It tastes like absolutely fucking nothing. Very elastic though.
My ex used to make pretty decorations for soup with it. Sadly, she expected me to eat it and I think flavorless jelly is devilish.

I regularly buy the konjac noodles, and bought one of those knojac blocks one time to see how it was like. It was like trying to eat blubber. I tossed it in the garbage. Maybe I could have spiralized it, but then that'd be pointless as I already have the noodle version.

My first contact with blobs of konjac was those soft jelly candies with coco de nato cubes embedded in a larger cube of translucent konjac. Those were delcious. In Canada they banned them because of choking hazard.

its better to cut konjac thinner and small block.
Clogged in the throat

>don't bin it, anysharp it
nice

Make oden
youtube.com/watch?v=iB1XxjDjb24&ab_channel=ochikeron

There's a whole lot of immature responses in this thread. Disgusting.

>kys or gtfo newfag
have you tried making chlorine gas?

This never looks that great to me. A bunch of processed fish sticks? Maybe it's all about the broth.

I cube it and throw it in soups after I've finished with the blending. I like the texture.

Fuck you idiot.

Who are you quoting

According to Chinese picture books, you can stick your sick in it

He's paraphrasing the person he's responding to.

this

Try some salt

Why would you buy poorfag food of a hungry barren island, they eat it only because they try to not forget their roots.

It's good in soups insomuch that it's flavourless bulk that makes you feel full but with hardly any calories

Snort it

tonjiru

I swear, pond water aspic is this years trend.

Konyaku is generally used just as a filler for cheap, filling foods like soups, stews and such. Throw chunks of it into ton-jiru or niku-jaga. It's basically empty calories but if you dont mind it's texture it's one of the cheapest ways to fill your stomach in Japan, alongside using daikon and moyashi.

>It's basically empty calories
It has zero calories, it's the opposite of empty calories.

Get a loife

what's even the point

Oden is a lot more than just different kinds kamaboko bro. You've got eggs, daikon, potatoes, mochi, aburaage, kinchaku, konbu, konyaku, shiitake, carrots, kabocha, chikuwabu (which are basically udon dough that's molded into tubes, not to be confused with chikuwa) and lots more regional variations.

As for nerimono (anything made from ground fish paste, including kamaboko and surimi) there are tons of different types like tsukune and tsurime (which are types of fish balls), there are steamed types like kamaboko and hanpen, there are grilled types like chikuwa, and there are fried types like satsuma age. Generally, though, nerimono are soft, slightly chewy, a little sweet, a little briney, and very good at absorbing the delicious oden broth.

Pretty much all the ingredients used in oden are popular because they become really soft and absorb tons of the broth while cooking which makes them really juicy delicious. You're right though, oden really is all about the broth. If you don't have a good broth then it makes everything cooked in it taste terrible.

Oden is a lot more than just different kinds kamaboko bro. You've got eggs, daikon, potatoes, mochi, aburaage, kinchaku, konbu, konyaku, shiitake, carrots, kabocha, chikuwabu (which are basically udon dough that's molded into tubes, not to be confused with chikuwa) and lots more regional variations.

As for nerimono (anything made from ground fish paste, including kamaboko and surimi) there are tons of different types like tsukune and tsurime (which are types of fish balls), there are steamed types like kamaboko and hanpen, there are grilled types like chikuwa, and there are fried types like satsuma age. Generally, though, nerimono are soft, slightly chewy, a little sweet, a little briney, and very good at absorbing the delicious oden broth.

Pretty much all the ingredients used in oden are popular because they become really soft and absorb tons of the broth while cooking which makes them really juicy delicious. You're right though, oden really is all about the broth. If you don't have a good broth then it makes everything cooked in it taste terrible.

rinse it, parboil it, slice it thin and then simmer it for a gorillian hours in broth and it MIGHT absorb some of the flavor.

I do a gyudon style beef stirfry where I add it in. I love it, weird texture to contrast the beef strips + braised floppy onion slices.

...also, if you open the package and it smells really slightly fishy, it's fine. I threw out like 2 bricks of it before learning that it's just a tiny bit stinky.

Because it's still healthy, and the obvious answer, dieting food. No calories but still gets you full.