Anyone here like tomato sandwiches?

anyone here like tomato sandwiches?

Yes, they are as delicious as they are fleeting in-season. One of the few things I look forward to in summer.

I love them. This one's a little over the top but the one you posted looks good too

I eat these all the time, though usually I make them open-faced. Even with mediocre tomatoes it's tasty. It's amazing with ripe garden tomatoes though. Sometimes I add cucumber as well

Post your own sandwich, loser

fuck i love these, my stepdad got me into them when i was a kid

How did a thread get so many replies without someome attacking tomatoes or Americans???

I hate Amerifats and tomatoes taste like shit.

th'ks 'non

Burgers really eat this?

i add a little secret ingredient, bacon and lettuce

>tfw you've become so used to shitposting you become the shitposter
It doesn't have to be this way, user.

Yes, me

Raw tomato is disgusting. There is something wrong with you if you eat it raw and isolated.

I'm partial to the triple sandwich.

raw tomato is a bad ingredient on sandwiches

yup, love them, but only with salt and pepper, and some extra onions

tomato and cheese is pretty good

Said no one ever.

It's weird, I like grilled tomato, fried tomato, tinned tomato, passata, tomato soup, literally every kind of tomato instead of raw tomato. Just too sour and slimy

Are you in a place wherr they have fresh bialys? If so try it on that, toasted. God tier.

the mushy blandness ruins burgers and sandwiches

I'm digging that tomato placement.
Replace the mayo or whatever it is with some pesto.
My dinner today was just some rye bread with an egg on it. That would also have benefited from pesto (or mayo).

That's a very sad picture, especially since it doesn't even look like you used the egg slicer.

I did, though.

>bland
a good tomato is tasty without any salt even
get good in shopping

All tomato deserves to be cooked, too much water content for raw sandwich use

Cold ham and tomato is best, the saltiness of the ham removes the need for any other seasoning.

God tier munchies. Fresh from the garden, still warm from the sun. mayo on bread, with salt and coarse ground pepper. So juicy you gotta eat it leaning over the kitchen sink.

>Fresh, very ripe tomato
>mayo
>toasted wheaat bread
>Bacon if you want to make it a full meal
What could be better? Lettuce, cheese, other condiments are just distractions. A good homegrown tomato won't be so acidic it burns your tongue but it renders mustard unnessicary.

too mushy to enjoy frequently. if i jad some version of salted amd dried tomato i would eat it more often

cucumber sandwiches are great too

fuck yes

Toasted tomato sandwich w/ mayo salt & pepper is simple yet delicious.

Tomatoes taste like cum, no wonder OP loves them.

How does it work, do you grill the tomato?

Get some cheddar and onion and black pepper on there boy

only with salami

bro tomato sandwiches are my jam, I eat one every day in august

Throw some cucumber slices and crumble a little feta on top of that badboy and you have yourself the most refreshing summer brunch sammich ever

There's obviously black pepper in the OP pic.

The only good use for tomato is in a sauce

Patrician AF

yes

Love 'em. Not a big fan of mayo, though. I usually make them on toast with just some salt and pepper. If I'm feeling sassy, I'll add balsamic and/or mozzarella.

I'm behind on my memes. Why do we hate tomatoes?

Yes but I like to marinate my tomatoes first. My favorite is usually olive oil balsamic and basil

i go fairly simple, toasted loaf bread, white or wholegrain or anything, want the slight crunch but not hard to bite through, then slices of tomato, seasoned with salt and pepper

I sure hope you guys spread a thin layer of butter under the tomato and are just forgetting to mention it

>Why do we hate tomatoes?
We don't. Only children and people who've only had watery mealy supermarket tomatoes hate them raw.

It's a pretty common sandwich in the summer down here in dixie. But we require Duke's mayo on them or they're only fit for hogs, nogs or yankees.

>no crust
>white bread
it's as if you want diabetes