Most acclaimed sci-fi writers are just decent "idea guys" with maybe one or two good books and a lot of garbage

Most acclaimed sci-fi writers are just decent "idea guys" with maybe one or two good books and a lot of garbage.

Larry Niven is a perfect example of this. Some neat ideas, but flat, boring characters who never amount to much.

I daydream about reading books. Or about being a writer. Or an artist.
I think I'm the biggest joke in history.

I feel like I'm Mario from Super Mario Bros. Entering a pipe I instantly come out the other side never to take a moment inside the pipe.

What the fuck

read Stanislaw Lem and stop reading nobodies like Phillip K. Penis

>decent "idea guys"
>Larry Niven is a perfect example of this.
Daily reminder Larry Niven was hired to explain the space defense system to Reagan.

>nobodies like Phillip K.
just because lem is secretly ten people is no need for namecalling and numberism

I've been so busy with school and my wagecuck job I haven't finished a book in about a year. Haven't done any real writing outside of classes either.

The best 'sci-fi' is an anime series which is also the peak of art itself.

Drugs are bad, mkey.

I'm starting to relate to people who commit suicide.

Only because Jerry Pournelle got him a spot on some civillian council.

Also because how else do you simply the Star Wars program to Reagan.

the only real scifi is probably baxter or hamilton
the rest is pleb shit

He was one of 40 people who wrote the paper, and the group included engineers and scientists.

and i doubt they or bob dole had the pencil

Sci-fi in general went south after the 50's. All the good modern stuff is usually anime or manga.

Military sf is usually fat nerds writing wish fulfillment about being space commandos.

Fark off, PKD and Lem both write great characters.

You better be talking about Kaiba

I'm generally enjoying pre 2000s science fiction and some of the older stuff in books and some of the new anime/manga but generally all the new anime, manga and books are all shit and not particularly inventive with the exception of a few select authors and works of aime. I can't get into movies or television, it's like all of the murricanshit is guns, sex and paper thin characters/plots.

*anime

I'm not.

Hello Eureka 7 poster.

>getting triggered this hard by your inferiority

VOTOMS is better.

Lem is great for concepts, but his characters and drama are a little flat.

I want to write a comic one day but I'm worried nobody will read it and it will fade into obscurity

Wrong, /pol/ autist

Ideon is better too. People would take you more seriously if you actually explained how E7 is the pinnacle of art.

No it wasn't.
I have explained it. Lurk moar fgt
You can find most posts on /a/ in the archive and a handful on /m/.
I've even explained it here too.

Yeah, except you keep bringing it up on a literature board of all places. E7 had great animation but writing wise it doesn't compare to literature.

Wrong, it's much better
It's not a prose-medium so prose quality is irrelevant. You may as well claim that a painting has a poor soundtrack. Thematically it is seriously a huge moment in ecological fiction, if not the biggest. It takes Wendell Berry to a level beyond mere stewardship.

When I mean writing, in this context, I first mean execution, and then mean prose.
Didn't mean to switch like that unexpectedly.

I'll read it user

あなた自身のファック

Maria was best girl and Nikolai best husbando.

Modern SFF is literally anime in prose form; 2am Adult Swim just oozes from the pages.

Nah the classics are more anime, that's why I like them. They're short, sweet and to the point. Modern science fiction is largely either YA shit or piles of bullshit jargon laden upon each other to create a megastructure of bullshit with nothing actually happening.