How do we stop this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ORMzh-vov48
kotchan.org/chat/int#General
my.mixtape.moe/cvdjze.mp4
thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

by not being autistic and letting them do it

if they're being faggots about it and take an entire minute to take the picture, call them a faggot

if they're taking a quick picture of the expensive experience they just paid for, and you take issue with this, you probably have autism

stop designing dishes meant to be pretty

Retards gon' retard. Why waste any energy on them?

It's not just girls or hipsters

Soyboys have taken to the trend as well

youtu.be/ORMzh-vov48

This.
More and more places seem to cater more to your Instagram than your tastebuds. They can start by serving the food on a fucking plate.

you can't stop the eternal roastie

Unusual plating has always been a thing, don't act like it started with the advent of smartphones.

Make uglier food

Wouldn't putting the fries in a glass bowl and covering them make them steam up and get soggy super quick

Yes, so OP is right in that bad places do this to cater to the instagram crowd but also is correct in that the truly innovative places with good food have always been doing this

Why contain it?

>flash

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why can't other people live their lives on ways that make them happy? As long as they aren't blocking the way to your food, are at their own table not standing and blocking the aisle, and not using flash like then why does it bother you so muck? Let people do their thing and stop being such an autist.

*much

Fuck smart phone keyboards.

I've cooked for my friends and once or twice they've taken a picture of what I've made for them. It's genuinely flattering, what's the problem?

BUT MUH PRESENTATION

Why would we stop it?

Because it reminds nofriend shut-ins that social media exists out there where people do stuff and have fun and build lives, instead of being toxic and spewing racist memes all day consequence-free from the safety of Anonymous

Daily reminder that if you don't have active facebook and instagram profiles, if you don't keep your friends and family up to date on your life via shared imagery and text, you're almost guaranteed to be future school shooter type whether you admit it or not

Now go ahead and screech cuck cuck cuck, you know it to be true

Only time I take pic of food, is when I made it myself

I pretty much take pictures of my food to contribute to, "what did you eat for breakfast/dinner/2am meal" threads on Veeky Forums. If I'm in a restaurant I do it quick and don't make a fuss about it. What's the problem?

when cuckial media-using idiots realize that their mediocre lives and informing everyone of the petty, inconsequential events therein are meaningless and that submitting to the attention whoring game benefits no one

Nothing. OP can't adapt to his surroundings, and doesn't realise his parents would have done the same if they had smartphones. I'm a europoor, I snap a pic of my dish if it looks incredible, because I rarely eat out because it's a great addition to the other 2 or 3 rare pictures I take per year.

>having absolutely no friends at all
pathetic.

>Unusual plating has always been a thing, don't act like it started with the advent of smartphones.
If it doesn't ruin the quality of the food...but in this case, an intelligent person knows you plate fried food from the fryer on an absorbent paper and don't seal the top up. Look at that visible oil! Look at that condensing steam at the top of the glass there. That's positively wet food inside. It also doesn't pass that too much touching rule, I have, where food was handled too much to present it in that matter. Those burgers can hardly be removed there without surgical instruments.

>user #1 talks about plating and innovative restaurant
>user #2 assumes hamburgers
never change, Veeky Forums

>pull out phone
>take a picture of food and send it to friend
>"this sushi place is pretty good you should come sometime"

REEEEE STOP TAKING PICTURES OF UR FOOD FUCKIGN SOYGOY INSTRAGRAM SOCIAL MEDIA ADDICT t. Veeky Forums

>friend

Kek. Do you even know where you are?

The statement "If it doesn't ruin the quality of the food.." addresses your general plating comment. Then the "but in this case.." addresses, what, a specific case pictured in the thread quoted.
Are you just overly defensive and sensitive, or do you have reading comprehension issues? Probably both.

Shame them out of it. Just like you can shame people if they talk too loud in a movie theater.

relax, it will be ok, user.

Do you honestly care what your friends are having for lunch?

I certainly don't. Some people are so goddamn narcissistic, vain and thirsty for attention.

kotchan.org/chat/int#General

>you're almost guaranteed to be a school shooter type
A school shooting with a muzzle loader isnt very practical unfortunately

>facebook
>a good thing

Christ almighty. Even the people who run the damn site admit that it's doing nothing but creating a generation of retarded narcissists.

1 salty ex employee, you mean

>implying the guy wasn't 100% spot-on

You must be perceiving things much differently than me, because the effect I'm noticing is a bunch of vanity queens desperately vieing for social validation as if anyone at all except for you gives a fuck about your overpriced breakfast. I get that you yourself are a narcissist, but just know that no one but you actually gives a shit about the last meal you had, or that you and your bros had some brewskis and played a wicked round of disc golf this morning.

>so how was school today?
>fuck you mom, I hate you! as if you give a fuck about school, I didn't ask to be born

Dude, you've got some issues - beyond the regular Veeky Forums tier type.

t. future school shooter

>he isn't contractually obliged to document everything he eats and submit it to the team dietition for inspection and approval
Nah, me neither tbhf.

Need to do more of this OP so that they learn:

my.mixtape.moe/cvdjze.mp4

I'm in my 30's with a masters degree and still have around 90 grand in student debt. If I ever go back to a school it will either be to teach or to find the future mother of my children; neither of those are likely, desu.

>I need validation so badly that I posted a blog on Veeky Forums
>I'm afraid of facebook because I'm a paranoid schizophrenic
in the adult world we just say "going postal", same shit shootypants.

Why are replying to obvious baits though?

*are you

I don't use Facebook personally, but it's pretty much the nicest way to keep up with schoolmates neighbors, etc. All these people you enjoy hearing news from, but aren't close enough to be exchange everyday.

It's great for that, no doubt.
The actual problem is with excessive narcissim and dull attentionwhoring it spawned along with instagram.

Those types of people were already attentionwhores before the Internet era. They were the people having the gargantuan wedding receptions, wore the most expensive clothing etc in order to be famous in their local circle.

>or to find the future mother of my children
Is this your way of telling us you're a paedophile ?

Why not stop going to restaurants where the tables are so close that you hear other's conversations or are you such a poor butt boi that something reasonable like that is out of bounds for you?

>salty, friendless 30yo
what do you think?

You could have been a normal salty, friendless 30yo. Some people are really late-bloomers, and despite what you may think , it's really never too late to be happy.
But if you're indeed a pedophile, then I really hope you get chemical castration.

Chemical castration never works it's proven not to work. A proper lobotomy does work as well as a bullet to the head.

Ah okay then. Maybe actual physical castration then ?

Then the fucker would take out the violent tendenies in other ways, like shooting up a school or workplace.

Then maybe you're right in wanting them killed.

Maybe the fucker would convert to islam, the religion of peace.

thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

You realize restaurants go out of their way to create crowding and noise because it makes them seem more popular thus capitalizing on FOMO

The Uruguayan bistro near me literally hired a sound engineer to maximize ceiling reflection

But you wouldn't know this because you're a fucking flyover who thinks Cheesecake Factory is fine dining

Um, people usually go to college when they're 18 user.

I was 17, shortbus. But I gather stunted intellectual development is common with the white man

he said "if i go back to a school". Hence my doubt.
I don't give a fuck about your stormcuck memes.

I know, but do you realize that it's some restraunts that do that? Not all. And if you consider New York a flyover, then you've got a lot to learn little butt boi.

Wow, quads and you still manage to be horrifically incorrect.

>New York
Upstate doesn't count. Please note, upstate includes Harlem and everything to the north, all outer boroughs, and everything east of 5th Avenue unless it's 14th or below.

Since you didn't offer any information before calling me a flyover, precisely where are you from butt boi? You conveniently forgot to mention that didn't you?

I grew up in Manhattan, midstate for work sometimes.

I've had a Facebook since I was 11 and have barely touched it because of how much of a waste of time it is. If I want to keep somebody up with my life I would talk to them in person rather than post some retarded minion meme and "like if you heart jebus" pictures. Instagram is for downies and cheerleading attention whores. Now go shill your narcissist websites somewhere else, Chad.

>upstate resentment intensifies
What's the matter, you got confused when the topic wasn't garbage plates and buffalo wings?

Yup, you must be right. You're gonna go far in life.

You can't just agree with two separate posts thats not how Veeky Forums works.

Holocaust all millenials and reboot society.

this shit doesn't even look good wtf

Stupid anarchist detected. Do you wear a pleather jacket with an A in a circle on it. You're a tough boi?

better get a pic of this generic Tex-Mex dish that's available literally anywhere!

Angry phillip morris guy is that you?

No. I've never heard of that company before. What does that mean to you?

I bet that you don't answer. Really, what does that mean to you?

>he said "if i go back to a school". Hence my doubt.

Why would you assume a 30 something with a graduate degree would "go back" to anywhere other than a graduate school, where most people are in their mid to late 20's?

You’ve never heard of phillip morris? Confirmed child. Sorry I mistook you for a guy who used to post angry double replies on NYC topics regularly. Often he’d start raving about his job at phillip morris

They probably their degrees in "racial studies" or "UFOs" or some stupid shit like that so they can't a job with it so spend their lives in school.

Shut-up, its a Chili's special they're having right now, I want to remember this!

It's Altria now you faggot. If you're gonna pull an insult as least try to get shit right.

>b-but muh memes

I knew it was you

Trips don't lie

Are you a faggot? Try craigslist casual encounters.

great projection kid
because english isn't my first language, so when I read "school" I first think of high school, middle school etc, rather than grad school. That's all.

What is wrong with it? they are paying for their food, maybe they'll upload the picture to social media and that's like free publicity for the restaurant. I really don't care, it also means that they think the food looks delicious

>random homophobic remarks
Yep, confirmed APMPG
Do the carbon credits rant next

>all this because someone took a picture of their food
You're being pretty spergy.

there is a strong correlation between addiction to social media and narcissism. if you can't see this then try meeting your 'friends' irl instead of the vapid posting on their page. it becomes obvious

Why do you care so much? Are you some faggit hillary supporter that's crying in it's closit because your annointed one didn't win?

Ayyy lmao. That last dude was ready to throw down.

The only thing worse than taking pictures of your food in a restaurant is taking pictures of other people taking pictures of their food in a restaurant.

This, this, THIS. Why do people assume technology is a corrupting influence when people were already flawed to begin with?

By chopping off your dick so that your retard genes don't get passed on

The only thing worse than taking pictures of other people taking pictures of their food in a restaurant is taking pictures of other people taking pictures of other people taking pictures of their food in a restaurant.