Book report general

Tell us about a non lit-core book you think we would enjoy.

Motorman
Sort of similar to ice by anna kavan or giles goat boy in that it takes postmodern techniques and pairs them with imagery and logic from ancient texts. Very fun and unnerving to read.

Is that a man?

I hope so, or else I got a boner for nothing

I hate this board so much

look at the bulge

This post made me realize that the only fiction I read is unironically Veeky Forumscore, and it's kind of astonishing. I suspect it's moreso because Veeky Forums canon encompasses a lot of the classics, and not (exclusively) because I'm a shallow drone with no taste. Of course, I've been reading more and more nonfiction these days.

Boy, I wish it were.

That's just camel toe, disappointingly.

>posting a picture more interesting than your thread
your fault, desu

that's to thick for a camel toe

sauce me up if it has balls

Good Soldier Svejk, you niggas.

For all the Greek memes Herodotus hardly ever gets discussed here which is a total mistake, he's up there with Homer and Plato for me, he had an astonishing grasp of how myth works and intertwines it with some fantastic storytelling, and really makes the ancient Mediterranean come alive in a way no other Greek did.

Pedro Paramo is amazing but too many skip over it to get to the other magical realists. Extremely eerie and sorrowful, and once you get the novel's trick you start noticing crazy details everywhere.

Collette overall is fantastic, one of those natural intuitive literary talents. Cheri is great as a proto-lolita but since literary ambiguity isn't the point it focuses instead on the vividly psychological portraits of these fucked up characters.

Gombrowicz is great if you like your philosophical novels with a lot of anarchic humor. He thumbs his nose at form and nearly invents his own. Ferdydurke and Cosmos are his best.

It would be really great if that guy/girl took a shit in his/her panties.

Motorman was strange and wonderful desu

She a thicc bitch, tho

it'd be really great if you killed yourself

>Her diary, desu.

I got you brah

No, because you're a bait-poster.

also want that sauce.