How can I afford and store 500+ books?

>How can I afford and store 500+ books?
>Almost all of them are non-fiction
>And what about the hundreds of unlisted fiction books that I know I want to read
The meaning of life is to own books you've read.

>buying books in an age where the internet provides nearly all of them for free
>placing value on "owning" "things" in the age of the internet

>library
>buy them used
>pirating e-books
>decide to just not read them

>buy them used
I'll definitely buy a lot used.
You never read e-books.

Not all books are available, and even then the format of them is questionable. PDF scans are shitty ways to read texts, ebooks are great but are expensive and not even abundant. It's kind of a mediocre time, but the future may bring some change to this issue. If ebooks were abundant and formatted well, then there would be zero argument. Until then, paper books are the best way to read imo.

>store 500+ books
Just cut your clothing down to a bare minimum and fill your dresser/closet with books. Boom, done.

Why stop there? You could give up eating cold things and fill the fridge as well

hey well, one of these ideas isn't THAT ridiculous.

i haven't had any problems finding well formatted ebooks

Why not do this:

1. But 1 book
2. Read 1 book
3. In the meantime regain funds
4. Repeat step 1

In this way you don't need to buy everything in advance and it will be manageble!

Thriftbooks.com is good, but eBay probably works too.

What I do, t b h. Best method. This way, you can be assured you've read every book you own.

You could sleep standing up then you stack them on your bed

Why do you need to have read every book you've owned? I've only read about 20% of what is on my shelves but when I do want to read something I have a pretty decent selection to choose from. I buy all my books used so it was really easy to collect a bunch.

>I've only read about 20% of what is on my shelves
Fucking pseud

How does that make me a pseud?

i'm so pissed i bought a $100 itunes card on sale for $85 on ebay because last time i did that it let me apply it to me apple music account and so get a year of apple music for 85 bucks or approximately 7 bucks a month, but the latest itunes update doesn't let u do that so it just applied it to my itunes balance instead of my apple music membership, so now i have like $250 total in my itunes, and like i'm thinking about coping some ibooks, idk, or should i get some movies

the point of the post is that i need to transition to reading ebooks instead of buying hardcopies but the problem is what if you buy a technical kind of non fiction shit and a new version comes out? i don't want some old ass outdated version of some bullshit in my ibooks account for the rest of my life, like log in and it's like ios11 developers guide when we on ios25 or sth

You should read more, or buy less.

You could give up washing and fill the bathtub with books too.

I dropped my monster book for my magnum shelf.

My closet is filled with vinyl records.

>The writer Umberto Eco belongs to that small class of scholars who are encyclopedic, insightful, and nondull. He is the owner of a large personal library (containing thirty thousand books), and separates visitors into two categories: those who react with “Wow! Signore professore dottore Eco, what a library you have! How many of these books have you read?” and the others — a very small minority — who get the point that a private library is not an ego-boosting appendage but a research tool. Read books are far less valuable than unread ones. The library should contain as much of what you do not know as your financial means, mortgage rates, and the currently tight real-estate market allows you to put there. You will accumulate more knowledge and more books as you grow older, and the growing number of unread books on the shelves will look at you menacingly. Indeed, the more you know, the larger the rows of unread books. Let us call this collection of unread books an antilibrary.

Literally invalidated by the Internet

This is literally nonsense. The world is full of books I haven't read, purchasing or bringing them closer to my person does nothing if I am never to actually read them. You are buying books and not reading them, there is no benefit to this. It's not even a matter of ego-boosting, it's effects are indifferent to you.