How the fuck do they make this bread? Does anyone know of a recipe?

How the fuck do they make this bread? Does anyone know of a recipe?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/focaccia-recipe-1949756
dinnerthendessert.com/cosi-flatbread/
web.archive.org/web/20140117214628/http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/almost-famous-tomato-basil-and-mozzarella-flatbread-sandwiches-recipe/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is that focaccia? This recipe looks alright foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/focaccia-recipe-1949756

Side note: 1/2 cup of oil seems like too much in the pan, I'd go for 1/4

It's not a focaccia

Ah okay
Here's a copycat recipe but it doesn't look like it'd be exactly the same dinnerthendessert.com/cosi-flatbread/

I did some more digging and found this recipe which someone used in an attempt to recreate this bread, their result seems pretty close (pic related)

web.archive.org/web/20140117214628/http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/almost-famous-tomato-basil-and-mozzarella-flatbread-sandwiches-recipe/index.html

How do you make unlevened bread?

Seriously?

Look at Peter Reinhart's focaccia recipe. It contains the same amount of oil. I know it seems like a lot, but that's kinda how the recipe is supposed to be and that's why it tastes so good.
I know it's a pain in the ass to stretch the dough to fit the pan with all that lubrication, but it really makes awesome focaccia.
That said, I usually cut the oil by a quarter, lol.

Looks like a bread Oma used to make. I can only spell it phonetically because I never picked up German, so: CLAY-owch. I might be getting it wrong even with that. I was very young. It was a thin sheet of bread that was dusted with sugar and possibly brushed with milk before the sugar dust, which would account for the marbleization.

Wow, that looks pretty close.

I think I know exactly what you're talking about, but I have no idea what the name is in German.

FOCACCIA IS FOR PLEBS

SCHIACCIATA IS WHERE ITS AT, TUSCANY RAPES ROME ON FLATBREADS

BUT ONLY WOOD FIRED BRICK OVEN SCHIACCIATA IS THE REAL DEAL

What the fuck how did you even assume it's focaccia bread?

What? Because it looked like focaccia.

it'd be shitty focaccia then
on second look I'll give you that

google pizza bianca e mortadella

Looks like knækbrod?

finely milled oats - ½ cup or 1 dl
flax seeds - ½ cup or 1 dl
sesame seeds - ½ cup or 1 dl
green pumpkin seeds - ½ cup or 1 dl
sunflower seeds - ½ cup or 1 dl
wheat flour - 2 cups or 3.5 dl
salt - 1 teaspoon
baking soda - 1 teaspoon
olive oil - quarter cup or 0.5 dl
water - 1 cup or 2.5 dl

Pre-heat a convection/forced air oven to 350/180 degrees

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.

Once uniform, mix in oil and water until it's all a thick mass.

Divide the mass in half

For each half: Put on a baking sheet, put another baking sheet on top and roll out with a rolling pin so it becomes one big flat bread.

Remove the sheet that was on top and cut the flat bread into pieces before baking

Bakes for 15 minutes - you can do both sheets at once.

what the fuck

looks like roman style pizza bianca (white pizza)
it's the best

Anybody able to help me convert the recipe in this post to human measurements? You know, like the ones most humans on the planet use day in day out?

>Anybody able to help me convert the recipe in this post to human measurements? You know, like the ones most humans on the planet use day in day out?

You don't know the size of either a cup or a deciliter?

Where the fuck do you live, the moon?

>t. pleb

Schiacciata is so rubbery and chewy, nothing compared to the best roman pizza bianca

also, pane sciapo is only good for dogs

>literally international standard unit of measurement
>HURR DURR HOW DO I HUMAN DURR

>none of these fucking retards have just googled "Cosi" yet to find what the thing is
Armchair culinary experts are the lowest form of intellectuals I swear to fucking christ.

>literally international standard unit of measurement
Non passport owner detected.

Here. I found it for you fucking retards. Recipe is down a bit.
dinnerthendessert.com/cosi-flatbread/

>Americans in charge of measurements

to be fair, those measurements are completely wrong

even if 1/2 a cup was 1 dl (it isn't), the problem is the recipe isn't consistent with its own bogus conversion when it says that 1 cup is 2.5dl (by its own logic it ought to be 2dl) or that 2 cups are 3.5dl (instead of 4dl)
if the recipe had remained consistent, there wouldn't have been much of a problem, but by not doing so it completely fucks all the ratios up
not to mention the salt or (more importantly) the baking soda measurements

>butter
haram as fuck

You don't know näkkileipä? No wonder your kids are fat.

knäckebrot best brot. until they make edible tree bark, that's as good as it'll get